3D Preshow Feature at E.E.?

Punkss

dumboflyer said:
Do you mean something like Shrek 4-D @ Universal? Because that's not fun at all. Watching a 3-D show while they wiggle you around in a chair is just dumb, and a waste of time. I wonder if anyone has told Universal that wiggling is not a dimension along the lines of height, width and depth. :veryconfu

What you mean like Its Tough To Be A Bug? Thats 4D (not technically but its a similar set-up 3D film and effects), do you enjoy that? All the rides with 3D have that kind of effects nowadays.

And not everything Universal does is rubbish you know.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
Testtrack321 said:
But remember peole, JR is all about realism and what it's acutally like. Do you really think that they would have some sort of 3D show in the middle of Tibet tea plantation? Uh-no.
Well, if he is all about realism, then why would he have a scaled down version of the mountain in central Florida....thats not very realistic.....

Shaman

garyhoov said:
Of course since we're all intelligent people here, we know that Einstein has taught us that time is the 4th dimension, and these films should be called: 5D . . .

Unless, of course, you subscribe to Bosonic String Theory in which case we may want to call them 27D:lookaroun

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosonic_string_theory

:eek:

:dazzle:

:lol:

Anyone know how much of the queue is "indoors" (inside a structure)...perhaps the glasses are for the queue and not just a preshow...interesting find Paul!! Thanks for sharing!

MagicalMonorail

About the Tarzon Rocks! replacement, the most recent DVC newsletter said that the theatre will be enclosed, and I believe they also gave a hint as to what would be in it. I lost my newsletter, so if another DVC member can look that up for us, that would be great.

djronnieb

i believe the coaster will have 3d elements built into it, such as 3d screens throughout the ride, the glasses shouldnt fly off while riding, because they've already planned that into the speed and the way the wind hits your face.

dumboflyer

Punkss said:
What you mean like Its Tough To Be A Bug? Thats 4D (not technically but its a similar set-up 3D film and effects), do you enjoy that? All the rides with 3D have that kind of effects nowadays.

And not everything Universal does is rubbish you know.

WHOA, calm down.

ITTBAB is not 4-D because it has effects, and Disney doesn't advertise it as such. DIMENSIONS are measurements, which you're confusing with SENSES. Shows like Philharmagic use more senses than a typical 3-D show: they add touch & smell to sight & sound. The 4th dimension is time, not getting stung by one of Hopper's hornets. So I guess I'll have to concede to you that every 3-D show or movie in the history of the world is actually 4-D, since it can be measured by its time. (Does that make regular movies that I see 3-D then?)

I do know that not everything Universal does is "rubbish." However, some of it is, and Shrek 4-D is definitely "rubbish."

animal_king1990

djronnieb said:
i believe the coaster will have 3d elements built into it, such as 3d screens throughout the ride, the glasses shouldnt fly off while riding, because they've already planned that into the speed and the way the wind hits your face.

Won't that sort of ruin the effect of the theming around the coaster. And the big drop into the helix will most definetly make the glasses fall off. It's pure physics.

EpcotServo

I can confirm that there is NO WAY that any part of E:E will have any 3-D Elements in it. That's just silly really......Now, maybe the new show at the Theatre in the Wild may have something 3-D. (I doubt it though, because DAK already has a good 3-D show)

djronnieb

animal_king1990 said:
Won't that sort of ruin the effect of the theming around the coaster. And the big drop into the helix will most definetly make the glasses fall off. It's pure physics.

good point, but it would be cool... perhaps you'll wear the glasses up until the yeti comes after you and he will pull your glasses off of you as you pass by, therefore making it possiable to ride the helix and the rest of the coaster with out them. lol

animal_king1990

djronnieb said:
good point, but it would be cool... perhaps you'll wear the glasses up until the yeti comes after you and he will pull your glasses off of you as you pass by, therefore making it possiable to ride the helix and the rest of the coaster with out them. lol

I thought the yeti was after the drop? And won't that be dangerous as everyone is not the same size? I hope he doesn't rip anyone's eyes off.:lookaroun

peter11435

animal_king1990 said:
I thought the yeti was after the drop? And won't that be dangerous as everyone is not the same size? I hope he doesn't rip anyone's eyes off.:lookaroun
The Yeti is after the drop. As for the rest of your post.... IT WAS A JOKE.

everestcrash

NO 3D Glasses

This is so lame, The guy was only holding a pair of glasses in front of Everest I should go stand in front of everest in a suit and tie and hold a Buzz light year gun and say that it will be interactive like Buzz Light year but we shoot at the yeti. Everest will not have any 3D effects, it is not stated any where listed by Disney! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p :p

dandaman

The only possible way I can see 3-D glasses being used in the attraction is during pre-show.

Even then, though, it seems really dumb... :rolleyes:

Jose Eber

I'm leaning towards a pre-show area, optional 3d glasses to look at spectrographic images, not necessarily a movie! That's probably why disney didn't mention it, because stereoscopic technology is old. They might have found old style stereoscopic images in their travels (remember those disks?!)and are just replicating them for fun for folks as an optional amusement while waiting in line !

Again, a person in charge of testing told me half of the que is air conditioned -- that leaves a large (possibly single) section where you could look at stuff on the walls.

You never know -- just because Disney doesn't mention something in a press release, doesn't mean they aren't adding stuff last minute or testing something.

KumbaRider

everestcrash said:
The guy was only holding a pair of glasses in front of Everest I should go stand in front of everest in a suit and tie and hold a Buzz light year gun and say that it will be interactive like Buzz Light year but we shoot at the yeti. Everest will not have any 3D effects, it is not stated any where listed by Disney! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p :p

I must agree with you.

WDWScottieBoy

I too can confirm this and say that there was indeed 3D glasses to be found in the hands of upper management. I'm thinking they were doing testing for it with Joe there to see if he likes how it turned out.

Attachments

• 3D Glasses.jpg
    3D Glasses.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 165

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom