Trip Report .

FanofDinsey1981

this isnt really a name mistake as so much a misunderstanding. I have overheard on several occasions that people think that the MGM studios has nothing to do with Disney, but Disney Co allowed them to become part of the parks. I guess they don't know the full title of Disney-MGM studios.

several people also mistake MGM and Universal, thinking it is the same company. One parent kept telling his son and wife they were going to universal (while on the bus for MGM) and basically told his wife that she didn't know what she was talking about. and I put it in nice words, he didn't

needless to say, once we got to the park, we overheard the kid basically tell his dad off, and his wife had a HUGE smirk on her face. I am pretty sure that was her cussing as we walked away from them going into the park.

wdwhoneymooner

This was how our (then) almost two year old described the parks:

MK = "Magic Castle"

EPCOT = "Big ball, ball"

MGM = "Big Hat"

AK = "Pet goats" (Conservation Station)

DisneyDugger

Up here in the Great White North we pretty much universally refer to WDW as just "Disney". Not too many people from around these part venture all the way to California....

Kopp8699

1st post, love WDW (14 trips) neways i hear people callin disney (note did that on purpose cuz its just easier sayin that insted of WDW when spoken but neways) by the park center point icons.... as in MK - the castle, Epcot - the golfball.... its just the general public, and can b both VERY annoying and funny 2 hear them lol.... also tourists call rides/attractions by wrong names.... ugh that gets 2 me

madalex

Our family calls SE "the big silver ball" (daughter started it years ago and it has stuck).

Meanwhile. my mother-in-law, who has been to WDW at least 10 times and ought to know better, is one of those that calls the Magic Kingdom "Disney World."

EmeraldDolphin

my family all call WDW "Disney"... guess because we've been to WDW a ton of times, and Disneyland 1x, we just know that when we talk about going to Disney it's the one in FL... for us I guess it's because the possibility of flying from CT to CA isn't as practical as flying from CT to FL where we can get much more inexpensive flights.
I've heard a lot of people around here refer to WDW as Disneyland... and lots of people refer to the MK as Disneyland also... :confused:

Tramp

I sometimes still refer to the MK as Disney World cuz, at one time, the MK WAS Disney World.

I still, and always will, call the TTA, the WEDWAY!:lol:

"What time does the 3 o'clock parade begin?" :hammer:

Al

Originally posted by wdwprincess03
Same here.....

me too! :lol:

That's what most people here in the UK say. I think generally in conversation it fits in better to say "We're going to Disney" rather than "We're going to Walt Disney World", just my opinion though.

cymbaldiva

Whenever I refer to WDW in conversation I just say Disney... would've thought it would be a pet peeve? LOL

As for speaking in "old-school" - I'll always call TTA the Peoplemover, and those moderate resorts will always be Dixie Landings and Port Orleans - I never have adjusted to the whole DL Riverside and DL French Quarter concept!

Brian_B

hahaha...my mom who is also a WDW veteran (and I'm talking 1971 here) went to mickey's very merry christmas party and kept calling it "Very merry birthday party", and she's not like senile or anything (she's only 50ish). Needless to say I made fun of her nonstop, and it got a lot of laughs from CMs.

Good times :)

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by cymbaldiva

As for speaking in "old-school" - I'll always call TTA the Peoplemover, and those moderate resorts will always be Dixie Landings and Port Orleans - I never have adjusted to the whole DL Riverside and DL French Quarter concept!

I guess you haven't because it's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE and PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER :lol: (just givin' ya a hard time)

Umm...so when do we go above the Wedway Peoplemover and ride the Starjets?

Disney_Belle

I can recall numerous times when in WDW people called Mickey "Minnie" and Minnie "Mickey". and the ones that confuse goofy and pluto lol.

MKCP 1985

On my last trip down, I heard a dad telling his young children very matter-of-factly that Chip and Dale in the Spectromagic parade were "the magic squirrels." That guy may have been wrong, but he was definitely not in doubt. And speaking of those chipmunks, it is the rare park guest who can correctly identify Chip from Dale beyond a lucky guess.

My favorite of all time was the family in front of me at Space Mountain on a long line day debating for over half an hour whether Goofy was a dog or a horse. (You had to be there.)

BTW, It will always be "the people mover" to me, with Wedway understood, if not stated. WED = Walter Elias Disney. Now why would somebody have gone and messed that up? TTA sounds too much like TTC.

maelstrom

Originally posted by MKCP 1986
On my last trip down, I heard a dad telling his young children very matter-of-factly that Chip and Dale in the Spectromagic parade were "the magic squirrels." That guy may have been wrong, but he was definitely not in doubt. And speaking of those chipmunks, it is the rare park guest who can correctly identify Chip from Dale beyond a lucky guess.

My favorite of all time was the family in front of me at Space Mountain on a long line day debating for over half an hour whether Goofy was a dog or a horse. (You had to be there.)

BTW, It will always be "the people mover" to me, with Wedway understood, if not stated. WED = Walter Elias Disney. Now why would somebody have gone and messed that up? TTA sounds too much like TTC.

Chip has a black nose and Dale has a red nose, yeah? And their teeth are different.

I will forever and always call the TTA the Wedway.

And uh.. Goofy a horse? Goofy does not even slightly resemble a horse. People are strange.

Disney_Belle

I was once told a way to tell apart Chip and Dale is that Chips nose nose looks like a black chocolate CHIP. Michael who works at the all star movies in "Donald's Double Feature" told me that :)

MKCP 1985

Originally posted by maelstrom
Chip has a black nose and Dale has a red nose, yeah? And their teeth are different.

I will forever and always call the TTA the Wedway.

And uh.. Goofy a horse? Goofy does not even slightly resemble a horse. People are strange.

1. Of course, the people on this board know the difference - we are all Disney fanatics, right? I'm telling you there are thousands of people walking Main Street USA every day who have no clue about how to tell them apart.

2. And Goofy looks so much like a DOG? So why is he so different from Pluto? Pluto is a dog. Goofy is tall, like a horse . . . :lol: And it went on and on like that!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom