Trip Report .

DDuckFan130

This not only happens to tourists and first-timers :lol: my mom is a veteran of WDW and she keeps calling fastpasses "speedpasses" lol and my cousin who can be considered first-timer (after not going for 8 years :lol: ) called it fastlane I know I have had other funny ones but I can't think of any at the moment

surfsupdon

Even us veterans make mistakes when we call The Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management wrongly as "That Crappy Show--The Original was so much Better, right Dad." I find myself saying that. Or maybe that isnt a mistake, but the real name.;)

DDuckFan130

Originally posted by LoriMistress
I hear people calling MK WDW.

:lol: that's definitely a common one...my cousin kept saying "yeah we had fun when we went to Epcot and Disney World"...my dear cousin, she went to harvard, is going to duke for her master's and she can't even get THAT right :lol:

mickhyperion

I think hearing people call the place "Disney" is weird. It makes me cringe.

"We stay at Riverside everytime we come to Disney."

"Space Mountain is my favorite ride at Disney."

"We go to Disney at least once a year."

This seems to only happen at Walt Disney World and not at Disneyland. I wonder why?

chrisjoi

Hope I keep it straight. I do like the use of abbreviations for the posts, seems to make it much simpler to reply in the threads. If I make a mistake feel free to correct me. I wont claim to be an expert but I can find my way around all four parks without a map if that counts for something.

Djali999

Originally posted by horizons1983
1. People called the Haunted Mansion the Haunted Palace.

and travelers, now, within that valley
through the red-litten windows see
vast forms that move fantastically
to a dischordant melody
and, like a ghastly, rapid river
through the pale door
a hideous throng rush out for ever
and laugh -- but smile no more.
~ Edgar Allan Poe, The Haunted Palace

Triangle Resort gave me a big laugh. :lol:

Maria

Originally posted by mickhyperion
I think hearing people call the place "Disney" is weird. It makes me cringe.

"We stay at Riverside everytime we come to Disney."

"Space Mountain is my favorite ride at Disney."

"We go to Disney at least once a year."

This seems to only happen at Walt Disney World and not at Disneyland. I wonder why?

hehehe guilty!! :eek: :lol:

I keep saying "next year, I wanna go to Disney".... :D It´s definitely shorter than saying Walt Disney World, and people get it immediately here! :animwink:

BenS

On my December trip I heard a someone call FastPass, FastTrack, what do these people think when they see the signs and maps? I can just imagine one of these people going up to a machine and saying "They spelled FastTrack wrong!"

tigsmom

I usually call Fast Pass Easy Pass (what we use to speed thru the tolls on the Thruway) and my little one calls SE "the big golfball" so now we all do. :lol:

kal1484

Originally posted by Maria
hehehe guilty!! :eek: :lol:

I keep saying "next year, I wanna go to Disney".... :D It´s definitely shorter than saying Walt Disney World, and people get it immediately here! :animwink:

Same here.....

DDuckFan130

Originally posted by tigsmom
I usually call Fast Pass Easy Pass (what we use to speed thru the tolls on the Thruway) and my little one calls SE "the big golfball" so now we all do. :lol:

when I was little we all called it the golf ball or the big ball :lol:...in fact today since I do not know how to translate Spaceship Earth into Spanish we just refer to it in our family as "la bola" (the ball) :lol:

FanofDinsey1981

Originally posted by horizons1983
I
6. They called Test Track, Fast Track.

MikEpcot

this one I heard constantly.

and many oldtimers and people from other lands apart from the US call the Magic Kingdom "disney world". Several bus drivers have had to explain that you are in dinsey world, and you have to take a bus to MK.

JBSLJames

It seems to be fairly common with my kids to drop the Walt when talking about WDW. They simply say, that "Are we really going to Disney World this year?".

At which point my wife goes out back and cuts a switch from the tree and ...:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom