Politics 28000 Layoffs coming to Disney's domestic theme parks - statement from Josh D'Amaro

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

wannabeBelle

Agree 100%. You can either adapt, complain or spend your money somewhere else. I choose the first and the latter, complainers are like nails on a chalkboard.
But if you really loved the particular business and always had a good experience there, do you just walk away if they are doing something you dont like, or would you let them know? After that if they dont change, then your statement is more correct. Marie

Miss Bella

But if you really loved the particular business and always had a good experience there, do you just walk away if they are doing something you dont like, or would you let them know? After that if they dont change, then your statement is more correct. Marie
How is complaining on a forum letting them know? Have you written them? If people are showing up and they are making money they aren't going to care about the handful of malcontents.
I was never a fan of fast pass plus. I had the choice to adapt or not go. Obviously my opinion didn't matter because the parks were packed over the last few pre-covid years.
The changes being made now are because of the pandemic. Someday things may return to normal or they may never be normal again.

wannabeBelle

How is complaining on a forum letting them know? Have you written them? If people are showing up and they are making money they aren't going to care about the handful of malcontents.
I was never a fan of fast pass plus. I had the choice to adapt or not go. Obviously my opinion didn't matter because the parks were packed over the last few pre-covid years.
The changes being made now are because of the pandemic. Someday things may return to normal or they may never be normal again.
I have written to them on a few occasions and stop by Guest Services in person for some issues, both to compliment or criticize where applicable, so yes I am making sure that if there is something I feel they should know about, it is being communicated. Marie

Parker in NYC

I have written to them on a few occasions and stop by Guest Services in person for some issues, both to compliment or criticize where applicable, so yes I am making sure that if there is something I feel they should know about, it is being communicated. Marie
Same. But it's a black and white world for many on the interwebs. Some people don't think we can do more than one thing at a time. I compliment, complain, and then post on discussion boards. As do others.

Shouldigo12

I do both. I let them know, and if it's a big enough issue I'm no longer enjoying the product I then walk away. I'll only start coming back once the problem has been fixed.

Disstevefan1

That’s been the case for 15 years with the except of 2 that did awful damage that actually doesn’t hit till 2021...

But I tend to be a “realist”.

We will see what happens. It will be interesting what WDW and the USA evolves into.

I am just a middle class worker who has a family, pays his bills and taxes and is lucky to still be working and (used to) go to WDW once in a while.

I honestly do not know when we will be back to WDW....

Parker in NYC

We will see what happens. It will be interesting what WDW and the USA evolves into.

I am just a middle class worker who has a family, pays his bills and taxes and is lucky to still be working and (used to) go to WDW once in a while.

I honestly do not know when we will be back to WDW....
No one said you have to remain middle class. Study up, climb the ladder. It's American exceptionalism.

seascape

What happens and how quickly our favorite Cast Members get rehired is up to all of us. We all need to return to WSW ASAP, it is not up to The Walt Disney Company because without full attendance and hotels, there is no company that can hire the 70,000 plus cast members WDW used to have. As for Disneyland, Disney can't do anything to bring Cast Members back until they are allowed to open.

Jrb1979

What happens and how quickly our favorite Cast Members get rehired is up to all of us. We all need to return to WSW ASAP, it is not up to The Walt Disney Company because without full attendance and hotels, there is no company that can hire the 70,000 plus cast members WDW used to have. As for Disneyland, Disney can't do anything to bring Cast Members back until they are allowed to open.
Sorry but now is not the time to be traveling anywhere.

seascape

Sorry but now is not the time to be traveling anywhere.
The vaccine will be here soon. There is no reason that everyone can't receive it by the end of June. That is unless the new Administration decides that the vaccines we have paid for go elsewhere first. If we care about the Cast Members we will all take the vaccine and then visit WDW and or Disneyland. Everyone needs to do their part and stop depending on others.

wannabeBelle

I do agree without us going to the parks, hiring back the CM's is not an option but the problem here is that WDW has been cutting CM's for a number of years and definitely prior to Covid. The general consensus among the forum members seems to be that this just increased the number that were already planning to be cut this year. I can swear for Entertainment being cut over the years to be replaced by inferior acts and in some cases not replaced at all.
So with that having been said, would you go to McDonald's to purchase a hamburger if they were no longer selling them? Of course not. You might complain that the big reason you go to this restaurant is to have that hamburger to the management. If they choose not to bring back your burger, you can either continue to go there and find something else on the menu or start searching for another burger at a different restaurant. Also if you continue going to McDonald's and just purchase other items which you arent as fond of, the company might think that doing away with your burger was a good change and that people are OK with that and are willing to pay the same amount for less. This is the same basic premise of what is happening here.
Disney may have to make cuts but if they cut too much they risk losing their most loyal guests, which is who will go to the parks when others didnt. I say that as someone who frequented the parks after 9/11. There is a certain amount of service, entertainment, food quality etc. that I do expect as a guest. If that is not being provided, they will certainly hear from me, as I will give them a chance, but if that continues other vacation destinations are also available for me to go to and spend my money at. Marie

Parker in NYC

The vaccine will be here soon. There is no reason that everyone can't receive it by the end of June. That is unless the new Administration decides that the vaccines we have paid for go elsewhere first. If we care about the Cast Members we will all take the vaccine and then visit WDW and or Disneyland. Everyone needs to do their part and stop depending on others.
Yes, June. What part of June doesn't make sense to you right now? Also, we're still talking in complete hypotheticals. The only truth right now is that the thing is still floating around out there. Honestly, I feel like just because there are vaccines on the horizon, people are throwing caution to the wind even further. I'll have a vaccine in 6 months, at least... may as well party. We're all saved!

Miss Bella

I do both. I let them know, and if it's a big enough issue I'm no longer enjoying the product I then walk away. I'll only start coming back once the problem has been fixed.
I remember these types of discussions on the Disney cruise line forums. A lot of people did walk away, and found happiness on other cruiselines, but there was no lack of new customers to take their place.

HarperRose

Yeah, no. Keeping myself and my family safe is my first priority. I am keeping CM's safe by staying home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom