Politics 28000 Layoffs coming to Disney's domestic theme parks - statement from Josh D'Amaro

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

Parker in NYC

This is very dangerous in the short term...fatigue/rebellion is gonna cause a lot more economic and public confirmed damage in the six months your talking about if you make the assumptions.

And this country has proven its selfish very spoiled and lazy. It will never be admitted out loud...but it can’t honestly be argued.
Oh, I've been admitting it out loud. But you know, truth is trollism.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No one anymore. Now that the election is over they all admit Trump was right on opening the schools.

The stance has been the same since late summer. But the conditions have to be met. No governor that has taken anything seriously has pushed harder for schools than cuomo since late spring.

But don’t let the facts get in the way of those red herrings

seascape

The stance has been the same since late summer. But the conditions have to be met. No governor that has taken anything seriously has pushed harder for schools than cuomo since late spring.

But don’t let the facts get in the way of those red herrings
Please reread my post. I said. "No one anymore. Now that the election is over they all admit Trump was right on opening the schools." Yes Cuomo had called for the schools to be open. He even said his orders took priority over local orders, but it didn't work with NYC. Anyway, that does not change the fact that Trump was lambasted for calling for schools to reopen. It is such a shame that some people here can't ever admit Trump was right on anything. I remember the day before NYC closed it's schools and Cuomo's press conference. He yelled at a reporter and told him he was wrong, the schools would be open. Who was right? Why didn't Cuomo admit he was wrong and apologize to the reporter the next day? This was just another example of his criticizing reporters, just like with the Nursing Home problems, and never taking responsibility for anything. It is a shame because if you go back to March, you will see I posted good things about his daily press conferences.

Goofyernmost

That stuff that anything changed after the election is a bunch of S$!t repeated by a moron, his idiot family, and the pundits that profit off them.

...or am I being too subtle?
No, you pretty much nailed it. However, that said, by looking at the large percentage of people that voted for this to continue, show just how much more schooling is needed. Year round school might be necessary to even start to correct the sad state of our system of education management. #stopthestupid. #emphasisonhistory

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No, you pretty much nailed it. However, that said, by looking at the large percentage of people that voted for this to continue show just how much more schooling is needed. Year round school might be necessary to even start to correct the sad state of our system of education management. #stopthestupid. #emphasisonhistory

I’ve long been an advocate for year round, flexible schooling.

We have a “summer” so kids could work on farms (those that attended school) in the 1880’s...
It’s outdated and archaic. It produces too much grind/pressure on the students and families and limits the potential for consistent, organic learning and even economic possibilities. Why does there have to be a “slow season” in anything? Especially now as weather patterns have changed.

Goofyernmost

I’ve long been an advocate for year round, flexible schooling.

We have a “summer” so kids could work on farms (those that attended school) in the 1880’s...
It’s outdated and archaic. It produces too much grind/pressure on the students and families and limits the potential for consistent, organic learning and even economic possibilities. Why does there have to be a “slow season” in anything? Especially now as weather patterns have changed.
I agree, but it will take at least one more generation to lose the habit of summers off. Also there are so many schools that would have to install AC. So it won't happen real soon. I don't know the exact percentage but here in the Raleigh area there are many year round schools that have been in existence for at least the last decade. Probably longer but I have only lived here for the past 10 years. They do have more short times off, but not two months in one shot. With that bit of useless information, we probably should get back on topic.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It would be nice if they didn't ruin this thread by bringing in politics especially personal attacks, The mods are the only ones that can control that, but whether they will or not who knows.

Except it wasn’t a personal attack...it was about public figures. And since I have some business experience/dealings in that sphere...it’s actually more personal to me than I would venture anyone here.

But hey...let’s do the false offense thing, huh?

Also...and I know you don’t like the grumpy stuff - which I totally get - but follow the thread and look where the politically tinged falsehoods came from. First shot is where the investigation starts

Miss Bella

Except it wasn’t a personal attack...it was about public figures. And since I have some business experience/dealings in that sphere...it’s actually more personal to me than I would venture anyone here.

But hey...let’s do the false offense thing, huh?

Also...and I know you don’t like the grumpy stuff - which I totally get - but follow the thread and look where the politically tinged falsehoods came from. First shot is where the investigation starts
We could go back and forth insulting political figures that we don't like or didn't vote for, but I don't think that would make for a very pleasant forum. There are plenty of forums to do that.

I'm not sure how politics is related to the thread anyway. You have layoffs at WDW which was going to happen regardless. We have different views based on how to recover the economy which most likely is based on our political ideology, but that has already been discussed at nauseum.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom