Good luck! I just can't see forking over the cash right now for a "restricted" experience. And I'm not single-ing Disney out for this -it's all parks and even local entertainment venues like casinos (let alone Vegas). I tried a local casino a few months back and they were serving cocktails in plastic cups, plexiglass dividers between you and the black jack dealer and you and everyone else (smoking is still allowed tho... so there's that)
At least in Vegas they've tried to reduce prices somewhat to be commensurate.
What silly, local boy pass you got?
The Gold Pass renewal comes to about $650 after taxes and renewal discount ($611 + tax). I know this because I just renewed for my wife an I. Ours were set to expire the week before our planned trip in May. We actually had planned to go the week they expired, but that was right before Mother's Day and we didn't want to risk bringing home some variant strain that our Moderna shots might not protect against and then passing it on to our mothers, so we pushed it back. When the Park Pass reservation system told me we didn't have valid tickets for the dates I selected, that's when I remembered, "Oh yeah, our passes expire the week before." We'll still get at least 2 trips out of the passes since we have 2 years of DVC points to use, so it still works out but there was a brief moment when I thought, "Damn, we should have taken the refund last year when we had the chance."
The non local pass renewal was only $1000.
That’s a platinum and I’m serious.And I wish I had one to renew. But it would have required a dead year of no use. In the end...that is the price that was paid for a virus by consumers. You always lose with Disney.
I assume that’s a joke?
Last annual we had was $550...premium...ended 25 months ago
And I wish I had one to renew. But it would have required a dead year of no use. In the end...that is the price that was paid for a virus by consumers. You always lose with Disney.
Yeah it definitely wouldn't be worth it to keep the passes knowing you wouldn't get to use them. Had we not already gotten 2 trips out of our passes and knew we wouldn't get back again before the extension ran out then we would have gone for the refund when it was offered. But we got our money's worth out of them and we'll get our money's worth out of them again this time, so I'm glad we held on to them. I'm not sure we would have been able to "renew" them if we had taken the refund and the thought of buying tickets when we aren't even sure how much time we'll be spending in the parks was a bigger headache for us - and our stay won't be long enough to take advantage of the DVC ticket offer so it was an easier call for us to just renew and know that we'll be able to go to the parks and not feel the need to worry about adding on the Park Hopper option just in case we decide we want to hit the food booths or mobile order from Regal Eagle at EPCOT in the afternoon for a meal.
You had an antibody test?Full disclosure: I have one in four weeks. We weren’t in the market at all 1/1...but our entire inner circle got vaccinated or will be over the next two weeks. I completed my sequence last week (which also confirms to me I had it last year from Orlando in January...but that’s another story).
We debated it....then just decided to get out of town. I have no real defense other than one of my kids is at the crush point in school and I put that over the still present health concerns.
Now that being said...I’m partly curious just to go to see the great pandemic experience. I’m interested how it goes there? I’ll maybe report it.
But I’m on points and took the DVC “offer” on tickets right now. Which is a violation of my own rules because they’ve mismanaged the parks and reinvestment and I only begrudgingly get APs when the deals are good.
Now I will look to that again. Don’t tell me everything is great and Jack prices...cause it’s not. They still need me more than I need them. Never forget that.
The jetskis are still on backorder.
Ah I was curious I had thought the test only works for three months after but who knows at this point, there so many conflicting storiesNo...I have not. I thought about getting one last summer/fall...but I wasn’t in bad health and we were medically unprepared to handle everyone till recently.
I was a 1A for vax in my state...but I waited until 1B for it.
That's great news--first and foremost for the CM's and also for people with upcoming trips.Yes. Lots and lots of call backs.
Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.