2015: The year of the EPCOT makeover?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm surprised there's been no mention of the new Ratatouille ride at Disneyland Paris. It's winning all kinds of awards and is super popular; I don't know how much room it takes up, but I guarantee it'd have a lot more riders than "Impressions de France" if they added it to EPCOT.
There's been plenty of mention.

It just isn't happening.

Communicore

I'm surprised there's been no mention of the new Ratatouille ride at Disneyland Paris. It's winning all kinds of awards and is super popular; I don't know how much room it takes up, but I guarantee it'd have a lot more riders than "Impressions de France" if they added it to EPCOT.
I hope so. Disney just needs to do the inevitable and characterizate WS.

Progress.City

I hope so. Disney just needs to do the inevitable and characterizate WS.
I wouldn't rule it out for the longer term. It's just not happening now. Maybe a few years from now. I see it being very possible, though hard core WDW fans would rather it not. I can see how management may want it, but that movie wasn't that big of a success to warrant it. That said, I've lowered the chances of it ever happening to 1|10.

The Empress Lilly

I think the land better than the ride. Which is good, but not phenomenal.

Besides, Rat is about Paris, it has a significance in DLP that it wouldn't have in the US, where Rat is just a decade old movie.

RSoxNo1

There's been plenty of mention.

It just isn't happening.

@WDWFigment didn't have the best review of the Ratatouille ride.

WDWFigment

Just to clarify, I think the ratio of complaints to praise about DLRP is presently way skewed in the wrong direction

Last edited:

cjkeating

I was very impressed by the Ratatouille ride. Yes it has a few flaws but I think they will only be noticed by the 0.1% of visitors if that.

DLP recently said that Ratatouille is their highest rated family attraction in both parks so the general public have certainly responded well. If you have ridden another trackless ride then maybe you have lost the wow factor but in Europe this has to be one of most impressive dark rides we have.

cdd89

I certainly wouldn't agree with elements from the mini land being incorporated into Epcot's 'France', which includes the attraction itself. They are all grounded in fantasy, which is fine, but the World Showcase isn't the place for that.

I find it hard to see how anyone can come away with a negative impression of Ratatouille, though (my objection isn't related to the ride quality) - even if you have experienced Mystic Manor (which I don't dispute is leagues ahead creatively). The fact that another attraction is much better doesn't diminish the high bar attained by another attraction; the criticism would have more grounding if they shared thematic commonalities but about the only thing shared is the ride technology.

I'll be very interested to read WDWFigment's (typically!) well reasoned opinion when it's published, though!

yellowrocket

I haven't fully reviewed it yet, but I didn't care for it that much. The mini land is amazing. The ride isn't.

I love Disneyland Paris, and I really don't want to disparage a place that gets unfairly disparaged too much...but it's not as good as it should be.

From what I've seen, it looks like it would have been cheaper to build if they had just used a different mode of transportation - either ominmover or busbar.

MerlinTheGoat

I haven't had the opportunity to ride it, but it appears that Ratatouille suffers from the same issues that many other modern rides do. The over-reliance on projections and a severe deficit of physical sets and animatronics (the animatronic figures were what salvaged the Mine Train from being a much poorer ride). It strikes me as the weakest trackless Disney dark rides, it just looks like a 3D movie on a track. I've no interest in seeing it replicated at Disney World in the form it's in, let alone to have it stand as yet another shameful and disgusting blow to EPCOT's already tattered integrity. Thankfully France has no existing ride building to repurpose for the task unlike Norway. Ironically Disney's cheapness may end up working in OUR favor in this rare case. And insiders have confirmed it's not happening.

Last edited:

gljvd

Of course. Nothing will happen.

Epcot fanboiz need to learn to let it go.....
I don't agree. I think we will get a lot of announcements by then but of course nothing will be ready for the anniversary .

I certainly think we will get a couple of transports from other parks around the world showing up in epcot

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom