2015 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

photomatt

The Hocus Pocus stage show is very popular. On the 15th the crowd didn't really know what to expect and they were pretty quiet. Today, the crowd has roared every time the Sanderson sisters have taken the stage. They also go crazy when the "I put a spell on you" song starts. I'm not sure why there is a difference in just 5 days.

photomatt

How many cheaters did you see on the 15th? Thanks
It's hard to say because I saw lots of people without wristbands at 7, but after about an hour I don't think I saw any. I made it a point to look this time because of this thread, but I can't say I was really paying attention on the 15th. I am certain there were more CM's actively looking for wristbands tonight. They had the same checkpoints, but there were extra CM's out and about and they were more diligent in their search. Next time I go I will make it a point to look more, just to see if I can really confirm if there are cheaters. I know I'm going again in late October, but I will probably go a few times before then as well.

Craig N

Our first party, ever, was the 15th. We're only able to take our trips every 3-4 years and probably won't be doing a party again. While it was fun, the crowd was a lot bigger than we expected (maybe because of excitement over the changes). It kind of messed up our touring patterns, since it was day 3 of our trip. In retrospect, we wish we would have just hit other parks on that day and saved the money for the party tickets. I could see it as a great option for locals or those who go multiple times in a year. But for us, it actually added a bit of anxiety to the trip. It's the weirdest feeling - we loved our trip, but were left wanting.

asianway

Also, there could be compression coming into play - intentional Im sure. Am I counting right that theres 25 parties this year vs 26 in 2014? Why have some lightly attended parties if you can reach 100% capacity at all of them?

Industrial engineering is good at what they do.

LL2WDW

Also, there could be compression coming into play - intentional Im sure. Am I counting right that theres 25 parties this year vs 26 in 2014? Why have some lightly attended parties if you can reach 100% capacity at all of them?

Industrial engineering is good at what they do.
Labor Day and NOJ were much earlier in 2014 than 2015, allowing for additional night. Not everything is as evil as you would like it to be.

mguimond1990

Here right now and it's a zoo. Definately a lot busier than when we went on a Tuesday 2 years ago. Don't know if the sell outs are because everyone thinks the weekday events are less busy or if the Hocus Pocus show really is that pobular.

asianway

Labor Day and NOJ were much earlier in 2014 than 2015, allowing for additional night. Not everything is as evil as you would like it to be.
Labor Day was 6 days earlier. The first party was 14 days later. You really don't think the goal is to sell out every party? Why do you think there's no more Pirate and Princess parties?

WDWFanDave

Anyone reporting 100s of alleged non-wristbanded party guests Friday or tonight?
We went on Sunday night, and I have to call out the CMs in a good way...they were like hawks! As a guest that paid for admission, I know I appreciated their diligence. Even came thru the meet and greet line checking also.

Sunday was great...was not too busy at all. Might have something to do with HHN opening? Or just could've been luck, as it seems as though the crowds arrived for Monday. Monday at the MK was nuts, compared to the other times we went. Of course, in attendance numbers I'm sure it was just middle-of-the-road.

As for tonight's sell-out...for anyone who has ever gone to the party in September, it's a gamble. Will it rain (likely), and will it rain all night (somewhat likely). Weather is favorable right now (it was gorgeous Sunday night when we were there), and I think that certainly helped for tonight...that plus what felt like a surge in crowds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom