2015 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

asianway

Yes they could. At previous Mix n Mingles the same character would be on stage performing, walk to the ramp when it was over and come do a 10 minute set.
How about 2011 when QoH was at the teacups and mix n mingle at the same time?

Or incredibles dance party and misici?

Or meet Mickey on Main Street when he's in the parade?

There's a reason the various Toontowns were built where they were

brb1006

How about 2011 when QoH was at the teacups and mix n mingle at the same time?

Or incredibles dance party and misici?

Or meet Mickey on Main Street when he's in the parade?

There's a reason the various Toontowns were built where they were
Did Mickey clone himself and the Queen Of Hearts before the parade started to do double duty? I remember seeing Sorcerer Mickey and seeing Mickey as the Stars And Motor Cars parade final in 2006.

mguimond1990

Anybody know why they used the versions they did for hook and jafar for the Hocus Pocus show? Hook looked creepy.
Also some tips for future party goers:
1) the purple Hocus Pocus shirt is only sold at the emporium and sells out quickly.
2) the trick or treat locations in tomorrowland are a zoo. There's a couple by splash mountain that were less busy.
3) Don't miss the Hocus Pocus show. No matter what time it is its packed with ppl. They have a showing at 12 am as the party ends. While we didn't watch that one I'd imagine I'd be the less crowded one. We went to the 10:40 showing and it was just as busy as all the shows before it.

We went on a sold out night and while it was incredibly busy we still made the best of it. I definitely recommend watching the parade after the fireworks. It was still crowded but a lot more manageable.

GiveMeTheMusic

Bill & Ted are AEA (I know this for a fact), as is anyone with a live mic in the show. Those actors (Bill especially) have done the show for an incredibly long time now... they wouldn't continue to if they were only getting paid regular entertainment wages.

The actors playing Bill & Ted may be AEA on their own or because of their work at Disney, but they're not AEA through Universal or working on an AEA contract there. Universal is non-union, unlike WDW. They are not bound by the same rules AEA contract performers are at WDW.

Next Big Thing

The actors playing Bill & Ted may be AEA on their own or because of their work at Disney, but they're not AEA through Universal or working on an AEA contract there. Universal is non-union, unlike WDW. They are not bound by the same rules AEA contract performers are at WDW.
I'll have to look into this a little deeper when I have time but i'm almost 100% they are. Either way, it couldn't matter with a M&G. It's still "performing".

GiveMeTheMusic

I'll have to look into this a little deeper when I have time but i'm almost 100% they are. Either way, it couldn't matter with a M&G. It's still "performing".

Characters at WDW are under a different Union (not AEA) and meet-n-greets are their domain. If the Sandersons were to do scheduled meet-n-greets, they would need to be a separate set of character performers, not the Equity singers in the show.

Equity performers also have to adhere to a very specific break schedule. The way their contract is set up, meet-n-greet sets between shows during MNSSHP would be logistically impossible.

All this to say - it's not gonna happen, and if it ever does, it will be with character performers, not the show performers.

KikoKea

We were there the 22nd and were surprised at the large crowd. Didn't notice any big drop in the crowd level or wait times until very late that night. Also, no one checked our armbands at all, although in the past we frequently had to show it during the first hour. The sign out front said it was sold out. How many do they sell- anybody know?

Crazydisneyfanluke

We were there the 22nd and were surprised at the large crowd. Didn't notice any big drop in the crowd level or wait times until very late that night. Also, no one checked our armbands at all, although in the past we frequently had to show it during the first hour. The sign out front said it was sold out. How many do they sell- anybody know?
Was you wearing anything that obstructed the view of your wrist bands? Ive seen a number of about 20-30k tickets (think it was 20k), with sold out being about 95% of the tickets sold.

mitchk

I was there the 18th .. I will never go back to MNSSHP . I'll give MVMCP, a last try as well. I can't believe how bad the Halloween has become. Splash Mountain and thunder mountain were both closed it's up to $69 a person ... And instead of selling 5000 tickets they now sell 25,000 In my opinion The Halloween party is not worth your money or your time

afb28

not sure if this is normal or not but the last stage show for Hocus Pocus at 12am was maybe 7 minutes long, they cut out a ton of stuff from the videos i saw from opening night

KikoKea

Was you wearing anything that obstructed the view of your wrist bands? Ive seen a number of about 20-30k tickets (think it was 20k), with sold out being about 95% of the tickets sold.
Looked like a lot more than 20,000 people there to me! Seemed like the usual slower MK day we've experienced in winter visits. And, I had short sleeves on, true. What I noticed was that in the past, we've had to actually show it to the CMs doing sweeps and at ride entrances, but guess they were being less obvious, which is good.

KikoKea

I was there the 18th .. I will never go back to MNSSHP . I'll give MVMCP, a last try as well. I can't believe how bad the Halloween has become. Splash Mountain and thunder mountain were both closed it's up to $69 a person ... And instead of selling 5000 tickets they now sell 25,000 In my opinion The Halloween party is not worth your money or your time
Why were they closed? They were both running on the 22nd? That's 2 major rides out- not good.

This year was our first MNSSHP at WDW and last year we went to DL's party. We prefer DL's party, by far. IMHO, they need to do more 'party' things. Among other things, DL has the Nightmare HM overlay and Ghost Glaxay(SM) lighting, plus the fog on the river- a very cool effect. We were disappointed that WDW's SM had nothing different and there wasn't a bit of fog on the River. It would have been a very nice touch, even if just in one area. We had a good time, but was hoping for a bit more 'special' differences from the norm.

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
I shake my head when I end up buying Halloween tickets each year. My wife and kids are why lol. We're going fot 10 days so it's not the attractions that draws them (and me behind them haha) I basically pay that much so they can dress up, get candy, and meet characters lol. Well if it makes them happy :D

mitchk

Why were they closed? They were both running on the 22nd? That's 2 major rides out- not good.

This year was our first MNSSHP at WDW and last year we went to DL's party. We prefer DL's party, by far. IMHO, they need to do more 'party' things. Among other things, DL has the Nightmare HM overlay and Ghost Glaxay(SM) lighting, plus the fog on the river- a very cool effect. We were disappointed that WDW's SM had nothing different and there wasn't a bit of fog on the River. It would have been a very nice touch, even if just in one area. We had a good time, but was hoping for a bit more 'special' differences from the norm.

The party was much better back in like 2005. I went as far as to go to guest relations and ask why two eTicket attractions were closed on a night that we paid 69 extra dollars to come to. They said they weren't sure but they should be back up and running soon they weren't... I was very disappointed this visit

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom