2015 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

halltd

You can watch Mickey's Boo-To-You Parade live on the Disney Parks blog right now.
I had to turn it off. The coverage was making me mad. They totally missed the Grave Diggers! Maybe they were trying to please the tree-lovers on here, though since they showed a close-up of that one tree a LOT! :)

I had a question about the parade, though. I've seen it twice before in the past and remember it being pretty dark (low ambient light, etc...). But, in the online coverage, the streets looked fully lit and even spotlit from above. Is this normal now? It seemed less "spooky" than I remember it.

mousehockey37

I had to turn it off. The coverage was making me mad. They totally missed the Grave Diggers! Maybe they were trying to please the tree-lovers on here, though since they showed a close-up of that one tree a LOT! :)

I had a question about the parade, though. I've seen it twice before in the past and remember it being pretty dark (low ambient light, etc...). But, in the online coverage, the streets looked fully lit and even spotlit from above. Is this normal now? It seemed less "spooky" than I remember it.

Agreed, the coverage was awful. That tree is now famous however! We turned it off due to the randomness of the camera panning around and the music not being synced well. It seems that back at the train station (where they shot from), that area is constantly lit. If you saw up Main St. and in the Hub, it was dark. They had spots shining down on Main St to give some light as the pumpkin street lamps are dim.

As far as it seeming less spooky? I'll agree, the caretaker and his dog weren't in the parade this year. Small thing, but very effective when the grave diggers are following him down the street. I think something that would've been awesome would've been to "borrow" the Maleficent steampunk dragon from the FoF parade and use it for the Boo to You. I mean, c'mon, it's a FIRE BREATHING DRAGON... AT NIGHT!!! It would look AWESOME!!!! The layout of the parade needs looked at. Almost like they need to layer the darkness of the parade. Start with the hero characters in the front, then gradually get darker with pirates and then the Haunted Mansion stuff before the Villain's with the Evil Queen at the end... It's still a very different parade and that combined with the fireworks is well worth the admission, but there could be some strategic changes that could make the parade sooo much better, IMO.

ght

Should be.
Last year all the rides except Mansion, Pan, and Mine Train had very short queues.

Things like Splash, Jungle Cruise (while it was open) and Big Thunder were practically walk-on most of the evening.
Hopefully Pan won't have too much of a line at the start of the party. I thought about using one of our Fastpasses on it but opted to go with Pirates instead. I wouldn't usually think of Pirates as needing a FP but since it will be the first week it will be back running I thought it might have a larger than usual crowd.

mousehockey37

Hopefully Pan won't have too much of a line at the start of the party. I thought about using one of our Fastpasses on it but opted to go with Pirates instead. I wouldn't usually think of Pirates as needing a FP but since it will be the first week it will be back running I thought it might have a larger than usual crowd.

I'd just go in at 4pm (the earliest time allowed in on a party ticket) and ride whatever you're after. I wouldn't "waste" party time on rides, but that's me. We did the HM during the MNSSHP, but that's all atmosphere of the party, a must-do for us and that was also the ONLY ride we did after 7pm.

ght

I'd just go in at 4pm (the earliest time allowed in on a party ticket) and ride whatever you're after. I wouldn't "waste" party time on rides, but that's me. We did the HM during the MNSSHP, but that's all atmosphere of the party, a must-do for us and that was also the ONLY ride we did after 7pm.
I would normally do that if it was part of a normal trip where we have a lot of days in the parks. This trip it is our only time in the park and we are using it as more of a cheaper park ticket than a special event. At the DL parties we usually go to we spend more time doing the other party activities than we probably will this time (though the lines are short enough that we usually have plenty of time to do both).

sophie_the_pooh

The crowds won't be low. The events sell extremely well, and a sold out party night is far busier than a typical summer day - at least on Main Street U.S.A. for the parade, fireworks and castle shows.

I was there for opening night, and the cast were extremely busy checking wrist bands. A few may have got by them, but that was not the cause of it being busy.
I was there opening night too and it was very crowded! They announced that it was sold out by 6h30, and I kind of freaked out because I really expected it to be a low crowded night! We still had fun, but we left early (9h30) since my 4 year old son was exhausted from the heat and the crowd (and it was our last day, so we were all tired).

halltd

Go and see every other movie, then go see Hocus Pocus.
Awwwwwwwww. I had seen it, but didn't remember any of it. In preparation of attending MNSSHP in late October, I watched Hocus Pocus again this weekend. It was cute. Not amazing, but definitely cute. There are obviously far worse movies out there.

Daniel Johnson

Awwwwwwwww. I had seen it, but didn't remember any of it. In preparation of attending MNSSHP in late October, I watched Hocus Pocus again this weekend. It was cute. Not amazing, but definitely cute. There are obviously far worse movies out there.
Yeah, I haven't seen it either....apparently its one of my wife's favorite movies, so, we will see it soon I hear...lol

JoeCamel

Anyone reporting 100s of alleged non-wristbanded party guests Friday or tonight?

I saw a couple of reports claiming that but it was 5 to one that they are sweeping as usual. MK has a BRAND to protect and just like spending a billion or more to squeeze dollars out they are not going to allow those that did not pay into a pay only event.

I think the rogue reports were first timers and did not understand how it works.

I have known "Carlos" for a few years and he knows I play by the rules yet he still insisted I show my band last year. I would not expect anything different this year. I will let you know after 9/27.

Daniel Johnson

They stopped me while eating a potato at liberty square last year to check my band. I would suspect they are not as obvious in there checks if you are not wearing long sleeves or (like I do) wearing a watch or a bracelet. I know my band made its way under my watch, my wife seemed to get hers under her bracelet. We were checked all the time. But, you could see them scanning the whole time. I haven't been yet this year, but I bet the scans are just as diligent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom