2015 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

KikoKea

Like every non-EMH night of the year when they have MSEP, Wishes, IllumiNations, or Fantasmic at park close?

It's just a way to spread out the crowds by compelling them to stay longer.
You're right- didn't think about those. Just thought it odd on a party night to have a big event at closing. But, if they can get everyone to the Hub, they can herd guests out easier that way than if they were all scattered. Plus, it's a nice way to end the evening.

Bairstow

THanks for the clarification. I'll take a quick look to see what's clever in decor, etc, and keep going to Thunder Mt. ;)

Suit yourself, but I've actually been pretty impressed with the Pirates scavenger game.
There's no additional charge and you can quit any time, and a lot of the little animated stunts that are activated are pretty cool-looking. The outdoor ones look especially good at night, since they usually involve some kind of activated lighting.

KikoKea

Suit yourself, but I've actually been pretty impressed with the Pirates scavenger game.
There's no additional charge and you can quit any time, and a lot of the little animated stunts that are activated are pretty cool-looking. The outdoor ones look especially good at night, since they usually involve some kind of activated lighting.
Thanks for your take on it. If it looks interesting, DH and I might give it a try, then, especially at night. Is the scavenger hunt all over Adventure Land or in an enclosed area?

Bairstow

Thanks for your take on it. If it looks interesting, DH and I might give it a try, then, especially at night. Is the scavenger hunt all over Adventure Land or in an enclosed area?

All over Adventureland, even past the Aladdin ride.
Some sites are located in the pirates gift shop.

drew81

In light of today's blog post..

13 Reasons Why MNSSHP is Stale

1. The guy that destroyed Goliath Gargoyle ruined it for everyone

2. Equity is expensive

3. DCE is expensive

4. Boo to You is so good there's no reason to ever do a new one

5. Meet n Greet lines are too long for Ops to handle

6. Dessert parties

7. Party tickets are now much cheaper than a day pass; now no reason to try

8. It's much easier to copy and paste

9. Guests have been brainwashed to think the 7 Dwarfs are "rare"

10. Running the Riverboat during the party would add 4 CM's wages

11. Bringing back Mr. Walrus and Sora would cause park wide mayhem

12. A Park VP decreed that Meet n Greet "attractions" must never close

13. Enhancements are only possible when taking away Maleficent and Snow Queen

Last edited:

asianway

In light of today's blog post..

13 Reasons Why MNSSHP is Stale

1. The guy that destroyed Goliath Gargoyle ruined it for everyone

2. Equity is expensive

3. DCE is expensive

4. Boo to You is so good there's no reason to ever do a new one

5. Meet n Greet lines are too long for Ops to handle

6. Dessert parties

7. Party tickets are now much cheaper than a day pass; now no reason to try

8. It's much easier to copy and paste

9. Guests have been brainwashed to think the 7 Dwarfs are "rare".

10. Running the Riverboat during the party would add 4 CM's wages.

11. Bringing back Mr. Walrus and Sora would cause park wide mayhem.

12. A Park VP decreed that Meet n Greet "attractions" must never close

13. Enhancements are only possible when taking away Maleficent and Snow Queen
Trying to chum up Philip tonight?

JoeCamel

Thanks. Read it...still not sure what it is, though. A kids' activity for a limited number of participants? Think I'll look in, then keep on going.

Worth playing once while soaking up the special ambiance of the AL area. Meet Jack, ride pirates if open and listen to the details in the show.

HolleBolleGijs

Shawn Slater gave away a fair amount of info in the comments of his blog post. What else did you need to know?

Sorry, don't read every blog post, and I especially don't make it a point to scour the comments for tidbits of info.

I was just curious if they posted/announced schedules in advance. I know the map lists M&G locations, but I'm not going to roam around until I find the character I want to see. I'm assuming I'll be able to find out the night of the party, but since I've never been during Halloween season, I wasn't sure how it works.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom