2015 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

asianway

Just coming back here to say I just found it, but you beat me to it. Nothing particularly interesting or earth shattering, unless I'm missing it.
Didn't say earth shattering, no Darkwing or anything, just the missing pieces. If you take those 3 nuggets, plus Slaters blog post, and the MKs laziness to carry over most of their day characters you have the complete list. If she's listening, maybe @berlioz70 has been paying attention and will have her list ready soon. Someone needs to take that 7 year data set and drop it in a pivot table...

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
When I picked up my tickets today, the ticketing cast member informed me there'd be no wristbands this year, they'd just be scanning magic bands. This was after I requested the card tickets, despite the tickets being on the magic bands because last year having the ticket on our magic bands was an unmitigated disaster, resulting in nearly an hour being spent at GR fixing the problem (which they did, also giving us tickets to return another night since we had missed nearly an hour of the party at that point, which I didn't ask for).

Anyway, I can't believe this is true, and this cast member must be misinformed. It would seem a logistical nightmare to do this and much more time consuming then glancing at wristbands. Plus, anyone not a resort guest, AP, or CM doesn't even own a magic band, unless they bought one.

Crazydisneyfanluke

When I picked up my tickets today, the ticketing cast member informed me there'd be no wristbands this year, they'd just be scanning magic bands. This was after I requested the card tickets, despite the tickets being on the magic bands because last year having the ticket on our magic bands was an unmitigated disaster, resulting in nearly an hour being spent at GR fixing the problem (which they did, also giving us tickets to return another night since we had missed nearly an hour of the party at that point, which I didn't ask for).

Anyway, I can't believe this is true, and this cast member must be misinformed. It would seem a logistical nightmare to do this and much more time consuming then glancing at wristbands. Plus, anyone not a resort guest, AP, or CM doesn't even own a magic band, unless they bought one.
I have bought my tickets online and have not have anything sent to me about having magic bands or the tickets connected to them. I do own a few magic bands but do not intend on using them. My niece has her own magic band, an activated one, but no notifications about using them.

HolleBolleGijs

That sounds like a disaster. If that is indeed true, I have a feeling they'll go back to wristbands after the first few parties.

JoeCamel

Where did you pick up your tickets? I printed mine and expect to get a wristband when I enter the party on the 27th.

Bolt

I believe the CM is mistaken. This is the first year they can be linked to a band, so maybe they were genuinely confused. Ticket media usually doesn't play a role in wristbanding, since it comes after the touch points. Wristbands are widely used because it assists with the park clear as an identifier to see if you have to go. NOJ will be the example of how things are handled - which I'm assuming didn't have these requirements.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom