2008 Pricing.............

JohnByers

I know that this is probably asked many times and answered that you just don't know till it comes out, pricing that is. But, is there a "set" time of the year that 2008 pricing comes out or is it a generalized 3-4 week "window" this seems to happen every year?

I am EAGERLY awaiting my first ever trip to WDW with the family April 6-12 2008..........I am using my AAA agent and I guess having to wait for the pricing to finalize everything is just adding to my impatience of the trip being so far away!

Also, if any have gone in the past during the peak season during Spring Breaks in the past (I am a HS teacher, why I am going that time of year) were the crowds as bad as I have read about? My boys are 6 and 3 so I am doing as much preplaning as possible to make this trip as smooth as possible.

CP17

the discount will only matter as far as the level we will end up staying at, moderate as opposed to value, or even offsite. So if there aren't any rooms left at my choice of resort that can be disounted, we'll find somewhere else to stay, just not our first choice. I know WDW only lets a certain number of rooms be sold at deeply discounted rates. Much like airfare rates only having a few really cheap rates before having to pay a higher price. In the past, I have tried getting a room at AS Sports or AS Movies only to be told that the didn't have any rooms available at my discount, but there was rooms at PC or AS Music instead.

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

Hi CP, No, you cannot assure yourself of a discount that way. A hotel room is booked at rack rate for 2008. If a discount comes out, you can call and see if you can get one of the discounted rooms. If there are no discounted rooms at the resort you are at or in the room category you have chosen, you cannot just apply the discount to your existing reservation. Also if a hotel is booking up pretty quickly, they may not discount any rooms ( why should they it is selling fine on it's own!) in that particular resort. My advice? If you are going regardless of a discount and it is a busier time such as Spring Break, definitely book your room only and try for the discount when it comes out. If you arent going UNLESS you get a discount, then wait. Belle

I am a little confused by all of this. What we have done in the past is book ours as a package, room, tickets. I have found discount codes before our trip and called them back and they just apply it. I have never had any trouble with any of this. Also, I added the dining plan about a month before our trip and that was no problem either.

I guess what I am wondering is, why wouldn't you book room & tickets at the same time? Is there a cheaper way to do it or something? I wouldn't want to have to rebook and make a new deposit and go through all of that trouble when I knew that I needed tickets and everything up front. I don't understand the logic behind all of that. Can someone explain?:)

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

I am a little confused by all of this. What we have done in the past is book ours as a package, room, tickets. I have found discount codes before our trip and called them back and they just apply it. I have never had any trouble with any of this. Also, I added the dining plan about a month before our trip and that was no problem either.

I guess what I am wondering is, why wouldn't you book room & tickets at the same time? Is there a cheaper way to do it or something? I wouldn't want to have to rebook and make a new deposit and go through all of that trouble when I knew that I needed tickets and everything up front. I don't understand the logic behind all of that. Can someone explain?:)

I'll try! :lol: Some guests choose not to book a package (room & tickets, and dining plan if desired) for a bunch of reasons. If you are an annual passholder, you wouldn't need to buy tickets. These guests will book room only. Also AP holders can get discounts on rooms, making it even more affordable. Also AAA members can get discounts on Disney rooms, so it might make more sense for them to book a room with their discount and buy tickets separately. I am in the Army reserve and we get ticket discounts (from not paying FL tax) so once in the past I booked just a room and bought my tickets at Shades of Green. I'm sure there are other reasons but these are the ones off the top of my head.
http://www.mousesavers.com/packages.html Here is a link to a page on mousesavers. com that explains pros/cons to buying a package vs. booking room only. Lately (the past 2 trips) I've done a package, almost purely for convenience. I was lucky, too in that a package discount became available for my last trip (late spring) and when applied to my reservation saved over $600.
You've been lucky in that you've been able to apply the codes to your package with no problem; I know some people who couldn't because their resort and/or dates weren't available at the discounted rate. Hope this helps!:wave:

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

Thought of another scenario where booking room only might occur.. if on a previous trip you had unused tickets (and purchased the no expiration option) and were planning to use them on the next trip. In this case you wouldn't need to book a package since you already have tickets. I have a friend who usually goes for 4-5 days once a year but always buys a 10 day no expiration ticket, and saves the remaining days for the next year. Since the tickets prices go up every year this would definitely save some $$. Ok, I'm done! (promise :D )

Upvote 0
I booked my free DDP package last year with AAA & had no problems with them at all!!!! I also booked the same package this year with AAA. I also like to book my Disney Vacation myself once in a while if I'm looking for certain discounts(AP, AAA or any general public). As many have said I think it is personal preference wheather to use a travel agent(which I have used on many ocassions) or book on your own through other sources(Internet, Disney Travel Co. & Disney web site). Just be sure to do your homework before you start out. This site is your best bet to do your homework on!

Have fun everyone on ther upcoming WDW trips!!!!
Tom

Upvote 0

CP17

basically i get a travel industry discount, much like AAA, AP's, military, etc. We generally buy tickets through a ticket broker online when we get a little extra cash to help spread out cost and one of us (family of three) always has some days left. So we get a great deal on a room and our passes are already paid for. My daughter just turned 3 years old in January, so when we went in May we got her a 10 day hopper and only used two days, so she has a ways go. Probably at least 3 years worth of tickets. now my wife and I need to get tickets, one of may get a 10 day this time around and we'll see about the other.

Upvote 0

Lindsy1052

I know that this is probably asked many times and answered that you just don't know till it comes out, pricing that is. But, is there a "set" time of the year that 2008 pricing comes out or is it a generalized 3-4 week "window" this seems to happen every year?

I am EAGERLY awaiting my first ever trip to WDW with the family April 6-12 2008..........I am using my AAA agent and I guess having to wait for the pricing to finalize everything is just adding to my impatience of the trip being so far away!

Also, if any have gone in the past during the peak season during Spring Breaks in the past (I am a HS teacher, why I am going that time of year) were the crowds as bad as I have read about? My boys are 6 and 3 so I am doing as much preplaning as possible to make this trip as smooth as possible.

Your AAA agent could have booked the room for you and added the package when the pricing comes out. At least you would have your room set. Especially being a teacher you are traveling when everyone else it. They don't guarantee the price of the room, but call them and tell them to hold it for you. 2008 prices are coming out...just not allowed to give you the date yet, but we have it.

Upvote 0

JohnByers

Original Poster
Your AAA agent could have booked the room for you and added the package when the pricing comes out. At least you would have your room set.
oh my room is reserved. I am in a family suite at the ASM........just wanna shore up my travel details, I am impatient what can I say!:)

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
The pricing for 2008 will indeed be out soon. Please keep in mind that if any of you would like to get your package or room only booked at the 2008 rates on the day that they come out, please feel free to contact one of the Kingdom Konsultant Travel agents who are the travel sponsors on the forums.
Please feel free to contact us in the following ways.

Toll free 1-866-566-7858
Elizabeth directly 1-205-664-9116

pam@kingdomkonsultant.com
marie@kingdomkonsultant.com
evan@kingdomkonsultant.com
elizabeth@kingdomkonsultant.com
ashley@kingdomkonsultant.com

Or by filling out the quote form online @ www.kingdomkonsultant.com

We will take very good care of you!

And as always, have a Magical Day!

Pam

Upvote 0

Lindsy1052

Hey Imp, Hey there and welcome to the Boards!!! 2008 pricing as of today has not been released. I can tell you that it was released in the summer of last year, June for room only reservations and packages came out in August. I have not received any official word as to when this information will be released. Keep watching the Boards though as soon as it becomes available I Am sure one of the Konsultant group or one of our other great sources such as JPVonDrake will be sure to post it.
Hey Tink, The discounts are released by Disney and there is no specific timetable or guarantee that any discounts will be offered. You can book a vacation 9 months out however if this goes into the following year, and the packages have not been loaded into the system, you cannot book a package. You will be able to book a room only reservation at the current year's rates with the understanding that these rates WILL change!!! Also if you are going to be changing from a room only to a package plan the money may not be able to be tranferred. The credit for the money paid to the room only has to be refunded and a new deposit placed on the package!!!
Hey Surf Fish, Great advice on checking over the information, however I can tell you if a travel agent has booked your trip, they are the ONLY ones who can access the trip information even by calling Disney. The most Disney will tell you is that you have a package. They cannot release any of the details on the package. I can tell you though that when an agent books a trip, we do get confirmation via a fax, an e mail or right online. Ask for a copy of this information and that should have all of the package components on there. Pink Rose is right on the money. I have quite a few clients who let me handle the room/package booking part of the planning and prefer to do everything else themselves. It is a personal choice though and I can certainly understand wanting to keep a hands on approach to your vacation planning. I hope this information has been helpful and if you have any other questions, please post them and I will do my very best to answer!!! Belle

The release date is known just not for publication yet...there are several travel agents who always have the inside track and I know you guys now who they are...

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
The release date is known just not for publication yet...there are several travel agents who always have the inside track and I know you guys now who they are...

You are right. The agents at Kingdom Konsultant Travel always keep on top of things especially on WDWMagic since we are the travel sponsors. We try to keep everyone informed of any new deals or the new pricing when it is released.

Pam

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Well thank you for the compliment!!! I think I can safely say that no one who has used Kingdom Konsultants has been dissappointed in our ability to get them the best possible deals. Belle

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey all, Just a note, please make sure that you are using a trustworthy agency to book your vacation. A lot of trust is put in your agent including your credit information. Make sure that you are dealing with someone that you KNOW is working for you. Also keep in mind that you dont need to rely on rumours. As soon as any of the information becomes public, one of our great sources such as JPVonDrake or one of the Kingdom Konsultants will certainly be posting the information so you can proceed with your bookings!! Belle

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Belle makes a great point. Definately go with someone who is reliable and who you know and trust when using a travel agent. And please remember that every Kingdom Konsultant agent will be working hard to either change existing room only reservations over to the new packages, quoting the many customer informations that we have ready for 2008 and making new reservations on the day they are released.

We will do our best to help each and every person who contacts us within the first day that they are released.

Pam

Upvote 0

pinkrose

The pricing for 2008 will indeed be out soon. Please keep in mind that if any of you would like to get your package or room only booked at the 2008 rates on the day that they come out, please feel free to contact one of the Kingdom Konsultant Travel agents who are the travel sponsors on the forums.
Please feel free to contact us in the following ways.

Toll free 1-866-566-7858
Elizabeth directly 1-205-664-9116

pam@kingdomkonsultant.com
marie@kingdomkonsultant.com
evan@kingdomkonsultant.com
elizabeth@kingdomkonsultant.com
ashley@kingdomkonsultant.com

Or by filling out the quote form online @ www.kingdomkonsultant.com

We will take very good care of you!

And as always, have a Magical Day!

Pam

Thanks Pam!

Since my direct line is not toll free, please feel free to send me an e-mail ( elizabeth@kingdomkonsultant.com ) with your number and I will be happy to call you. :wave:

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

Ok, so the teasing of 2008 rates are coming out "soon" (JPVonDrake), "very soon" (Lindsy1052) and "soon" (various KK agents) is getting unbearable.

Should I stop holding my breath in anticipation? :rolleyes:
:)

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I promise you that they are coming out soon. Please be patient. We are taking client information for booking so that many of the forum members will not have to sit and wait on hold when they come out so feel free to do so also.

Pam

Upvote 0

pinkrose

It's makin' me crazy - I see today that Disneyland 2008 packages are out but still no info on WDW packages. What gives?

Take this as a good sign that they will be coming out soon. :)

As Pam stated above, we are taking client information now so that the day the rates do come out, the process of getting booked will go much quicker. If anyone is interested, please send one of our Kingdom Konsultants an e-mail and we'll be happy to get with you. You may also wait until they are announced. We will all be working that day to be sure that all of our clients get booked. :wave:

Remember... there are no fees for our services!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom