2008 Pricing.............

JohnByers

I know that this is probably asked many times and answered that you just don't know till it comes out, pricing that is. But, is there a "set" time of the year that 2008 pricing comes out or is it a generalized 3-4 week "window" this seems to happen every year?

I am EAGERLY awaiting my first ever trip to WDW with the family April 6-12 2008..........I am using my AAA agent and I guess having to wait for the pricing to finalize everything is just adding to my impatience of the trip being so far away!

Also, if any have gone in the past during the peak season during Spring Breaks in the past (I am a HS teacher, why I am going that time of year) were the crowds as bad as I have read about? My boys are 6 and 3 so I am doing as much preplaning as possible to make this trip as smooth as possible.

ThinkTink721

I think pricing & specials usually come out about a few months beforehand.
You can book a certain time, look for specials & call WDW to take advantage of the special (once it is offered).
I believe you can book a WDW trip 9 months in advance.
:wave:

Upvote 0
I am using my AAA agent

One huge piece of advice. Double check everything with Disney. I have used AAA 3 times to book a trip and every time they have screwed it up. Last year for my WDW trip she messed up my Disney Would park hopper tickets, lost my luggage tags for DME, and lost my park tickets for universal. When I finally got the tickets they were a 2 day pass instead of 4.

My mother had the same issue with a cruise.

My advice is get your conformation # and call disney to confirm everything.
Disney's # is 1 (407) 939-7675

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

I have heard of this myself. I always book through Disney but if I was going to use someone I would choose Kingdom Konsultants because of the things that I have read on here.

If you are worried about discounts, Disney usually offers something, you just got to look for it. :) Kingdom Konsultants do all of that for you.

By the way, I am waiting on the rates too. We are booking for Oct of 08 and I am so excited. Being your first trip... get ready, you will LOVE it!

Upvote 0
I have heard of this myself. I always book through Disney but if I was going to use someone I would choose Kingdom Konsultants because of the things that I have read on here.

If you are worried about discounts, Disney usually offers something, you just got to look for it. :) Kingdom Konsultants do all of that for you.

My last trip was a disaster! Im so glad I did all the work this time. I will never use AAA again. I have thought about Kingdom Konsultants...But I really like planning my trip!

Just to add, last year we originally were going during the free dining period, and my AAA agent didn't even know about it! I could have saved a lot of money! instead she said that October would be cheaper and better! Grrrrr

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

I'm in the same boat as you in terms of waiting for rates to come out to book April '08. The wait is excruciating! We went this past spring a little later in April than when you plan to go next year, and the crowds were manageable. MK was crowded every day, with waits 40-60 minutes for the major attractions. The other parks were much less, execpt Soarin' at Epcot always had a <60 minute wait. Enjoy planning (it's one of my favorite parts!), and either book yourself through the WDWTC (I always do it this way), or use Kingdom Konsultants. I've never booked through them but tons of people on these boards have, and they all have great things to say about them! :)

Upvote 0

pinkrose

By the way, I am waiting on the rates too. We are booking for Oct of 08 and I am so excited. Being your first trip... get ready, you will LOVE it!
Thank you so much for your kind words!

Wdwmom is right. We will watch for any discounts to be released. When discounts are released, we do our best to get them applied to your package/room (if discounted rooms are available at your resort ). If one isn't available at your resort, but is at another resort in your catagory (or even a different catagory), we will switch you if you'd like.

My last trip was a disaster! Im so glad I did all the work this time. I will never use AAA again. I have thought about Kingdom Konsultants...But I really like planning my trip!

Just to add, last year we originally were going during the free dining period, and my AAA agent didn't even know about it! I could have saved a lot of money! instead she said that October would be cheaper and better! Grrrrr

I'm so sorry to hear that your last trip was a disaster. :(

When a client books through Kingdom Konsultant we will do as much or as little of their planning as they'd like us to. Some clients perfer to make thier own ADR's, ect. :)

Upvote 0

Jarienn

2008 Pricing

As a travel agent and a former Disney Res center CM, I can tell you that although normally 2008 rates would be out. It appears though from what I've read on other WDW fan sites and in the travel industry newsletters that 08 rates have been delayed due to a change in pricing structure. However, if you contact Disney reservations directly, you may be able to reserve a room only reservation using 2007 pricing. The rates would definitely NOT be guaranteed, but at least your room would be held. I haven't had anyone booking for 2008 yet so I'm not 100% sure if their reservation system will still allow this, but it might be worth giving them a call - especially if you're planning to travel on one of those busy holiday weeks.:animwink:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey Imp, Hey there and welcome to the Boards!!! 2008 pricing as of today has not been released. I can tell you that it was released in the summer of last year, June for room only reservations and packages came out in August. I have not received any official word as to when this information will be released. Keep watching the Boards though as soon as it becomes available I Am sure one of the Konsultant group or one of our other great sources such as JPVonDrake will be sure to post it.
Hey Tink, The discounts are released by Disney and there is no specific timetable or guarantee that any discounts will be offered. You can book a vacation 9 months out however if this goes into the following year, and the packages have not been loaded into the system, you cannot book a package. You will be able to book a room only reservation at the current year's rates with the understanding that these rates WILL change!!! Also if you are going to be changing from a room only to a package plan the money may not be able to be tranferred. The credit for the money paid to the room only has to be refunded and a new deposit placed on the package!!!
Hey Surf Fish, Great advice on checking over the information, however I can tell you if a travel agent has booked your trip, they are the ONLY ones who can access the trip information even by calling Disney. The most Disney will tell you is that you have a package. They cannot release any of the details on the package. I can tell you though that when an agent books a trip, we do get confirmation via a fax, an e mail or right online. Ask for a copy of this information and that should have all of the package components on there. Pink Rose is right on the money. I have quite a few clients who let me handle the room/package booking part of the planning and prefer to do everything else themselves. It is a personal choice though and I can certainly understand wanting to keep a hands on approach to your vacation planning. I hope this information has been helpful and if you have any other questions, please post them and I will do my very best to answer!!! Belle

Upvote 0

CP17

as Jarienn mentioned I had been wondering if WDW was tinkering with rate structures and such. WDW wouldn't delay release dates without a reason.
here are dates showing the last three year's release dates.

Release Dates for Room Rates
Full-price ("rack") resort room rates:

2005 WDW resort room rates became available in late May 2004.

2006 WDW resort room rates became available in late May 2005.

2007 WDW resort room rates became available in mid-May 2006.

Full-price vacation package rates:

for 2005 were released in mid-June 2004.

for 2006 were released June 30, 2005.

for 2007 were released August 6, 2006.

Here's a link to some historical information concerning rates and discounts:
http://www.mousesavers.com/historicalwdwdiscounts.html#rack

Upvote 0

sbkline

What's this about being able to book a vacation no longer than 9 months out? Is this just through Kingdom Konsultant's we're talking about? The reason I ask is that I have always been told that as long as package rates for a year are available, then you can book a vacation for any time in that year. In other words, once 2008 package rates come out (hopefully in a few weeks), then you can book a package all the way up through December of 2008. Isn't this correct?

Not that it affects me much, since I am already 9 months out from my vacation anyway, and will be that much closer when the rates come out next month. But I was just curious. :wave:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hi there SB, Yes as long as the pricing is out, we can book a package for anytime that you want to go to Disney even at or above 9 months!!!! Tink had stated that you could only book a vacation up to nine months out which is incorrect. Sorry for any confusion. Belle

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

When I called a month or so ago, Disney they gave me a quote for Oct 08 but said that they would adjust it. I just decided to wait and see when the rates came out. According to them you can book 499 days out. :shrug:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

For a room only booking that is absolutely correct. The prices unless they have been released for the following year will be at the current rate with the adjustment happening later. Belle

Upvote 0

sbkline

So, do the KK people have any advance knowledge of when prices will be out? Have any reps hinted at any particular date as the date to start booking your clients' 2008 trips?

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

One of my patients just came in (he is also eagerly waiting to book an early '08 trip, like lots of us) and he said he called W-Disney last night and was told by the CM that 2008 rates won't be out until late August or possibly early September? :shrug: They're killing me! I want to book my package NOW!! :lol:
(yes I know I can book a room only now at '07 rates... etc, but we are waiting for the new pricing to come out first!)

Upvote 0

Lindsy1052

Spring Break is packed. 2008 prices usually come out sometime in August. Keep in mind, you can book your room and lock that in, it's just the price is not guaranteed. Prices do not go up drastically, so if you are looking for Spring Break, you can at least secure your room and then switch over to a package. You can't get the room once they are sold out, but you can add packages at anytime. Getting you room secure is your first priority.

Linda

If your using a AAA agent, she should at least be locking in your room for you since you know your exact dates????

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom