2008 Pricing.............

JohnByers

I know that this is probably asked many times and answered that you just don't know till it comes out, pricing that is. But, is there a "set" time of the year that 2008 pricing comes out or is it a generalized 3-4 week "window" this seems to happen every year?

I am EAGERLY awaiting my first ever trip to WDW with the family April 6-12 2008..........I am using my AAA agent and I guess having to wait for the pricing to finalize everything is just adding to my impatience of the trip being so far away!

Also, if any have gone in the past during the peak season during Spring Breaks in the past (I am a HS teacher, why I am going that time of year) were the crowds as bad as I have read about? My boys are 6 and 3 so I am doing as much preplaning as possible to make this trip as smooth as possible.

Lindsy1052

One of my patients just came in (he is also eagerly waiting to book an early '08 trip, like lots of us) and he said he called W-Disney last night and was told by the CM that 2008 rates won't be out until late August or possibly early September? :shrug: They're killing me! I want to book my package NOW!! :lol:
(yes I know I can book a room only now at '07 rates... etc, but we are waiting for the new pricing to come out first!)

Don't wait..hold the room, if the prices go up to high, which they really never do, you can always cancel it. The packages can be added at any time but if the resort sells out, your done.

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
A few thoughts about 2008 rates...

First off, everything points to daily-rates, along the lines that fri/sat/sun cost more then weekday rates.

Second, 2007 rates and packages have already been extended to cover stays until January 15th. By Disney's own statistical rules for days-out and availability, they're already really pushing it. They will soon have to extend further or just release the 2008 packages/rates.

Third, in August, all the call center CMs are being put on 10hr/wk of mandatory overtime for the whole of August. What could they possibly be doing that requires everyone who works there to work 10 extra hours a week?

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I think it has to do with the fact that Disney's computer system for booking hotels is ancient and unstable and would probably combust if they in any way dramaticly changed the rules - like making different days cost different amounts.

They already admitted they don't do AP dining plan ressies because the computer system cant handle it.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Last year they didn't release the packages until the middle of August. I know we were swamped when they were dropped last year and I know it's going to happen again this year from the stack of customer information forms on my desk. :lol:

Pam

Upvote 0

Cmdr_Crimson

See This is why I'd rather book through the reservation line to do my room only..This is from Mousesavers.com

"You don't have to book AAA/CAA rates through the Auto Club. Room-only reservations with an AAA discount can be booked directly through the Disney Reservation Center at (407) W-DISNEY or a travel agent who specializes in Disney travel. Just ask if there is an AAA or CAA discount for your dates and resort."

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

Don't wait..hold the room, if the prices go up to high, which they really never do, you can always cancel it. The packages can be added at any time but if the resort sells out, your done.

This is contrary to what happened with my reservation last year. In November '06 I orginally booked a "room only" reservation at the Polynesian for late April '07. In January we decided we wanted the DDP so I called to switch to a package. I had to COMPLETELY CANCEL the room only res, and re-book as a package. The CM who helped me said that "holding the room" by first booking a room only res doesn't work because in the minute or so after my room only res was cancelled and prior to booking the package, another CM could grab the room for another guest. Makes sense, because how many CM's are on the phone helping guests at any one time, plus all of the travel agents, online bookings, etc. And it was a big pain to wait for the very large room only deposit (one night plus tax at the Poly) to be credited to my Visa. Whereas the package deposit was only $200 (although I'm betting that goes up for '08). So it's for this reason that I'm waiting for the '08 rates rather than book as room only now. :)

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

This is contrary to what happened with my reservation last year. In November '06 I orginally booked a "room only" reservation at the Polynesian for late April '07. In January we decided we wanted the DDP so I called to switch to a package. I had to COMPLETELY CANCEL the room only res, and re-book as a package. The CM who helped me said that "holding the room" by first booking a room only res doesn't work because in the minute or so after my room only res was cancelled and prior to booking the package, another CM could grab the room for another guest. Makes sense, because how many CM's are on the phone helping guests at any one time, plus all of the travel agents, online bookings, etc. And it was a big pain to wait for the very large room only deposit (one night plus tax at the Poly) to be credited to my Visa. Whereas the package deposit was only $200 (although I'm betting that goes up for '08). So it's for this reason that I'm waiting for the '08 rates rather than book as room only now. :)

Actually, it really is better to book a room only reservation now, to ensure your room availability is there when the 2008 packages are released. I do apologize you were given incorrect information last year by the Reservations Cast Member.

It is true you will need to cancel and rebook as a package and re-pay a new deposit, however the correct procedure for the Cast Member would be to book the new package first, then cancel the room-only once the package is confirmed with a deposit. By doing this, we can preform a special procedure in the event that the resort / room category you choose is sold out when booking the Package.

By holding your room only reservation until the package is complete we can transfer the inventory from Room Only to Package. In essence we are overbooking the resort with your package, then balancing out the room inventory by releasing the room only reservation. Works every-time.

Look for 2008 room rates and packages to be released soon. I will post all information concerning the new 2008 Packages once they are officially released.

Upvote 0

Lindsy1052

That is totally untrue and you were given very bad information from more than likely a new res agent. If the resort is sold out, and you are holding room only and want to change it to a package, all the agent had to do was go through guest services to do the switch. While as a floor agent we did not have the access to do this, guest services does. Cast Member was totally wrong. Next time, should that happen to you, make sure to say thank you very much, and call back and get a different agent. Had you booked through a travel agent who specializes in Disney they would have known how to do it for you.

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

JP: Thanks for the correction. Figures I get a CM who doesn't know how to do that (or for whatever reason didn't want to). At any rate the room I was booking (Poly garden view) wasn't sold out, so it didn't really matter. The biggest thing for us was the dual charge on the Visa card... waiting for the room only credit to hit, while the package charge was also there. That's the main reason we're waiting for the '08 rates. Thanks again! :wave:

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Actually, it really is better to book a room only reservation now, to ensure your room availability is there when the 2008 packages are released. I do apologize you were given incorrect information last year by the Reservations Cast Member.

It is true you will need to cancel and rebook as a package and re-pay a new deposit, however the correct procedure for the Cast Member would be to book the new package first, then cancel the room-only once the package is confirmed with a deposit. By doing this, we can preform a special procedure in the event that the resort / room category you choose is sold out when booking the Package.

By holding your room only reservation until the package is complete we can transfer the inventory from Room Only to Package. In essence we are overbooking the resort with your package, then balancing out the room inventory by releasing the room only reservation. Works every-time.

Look for 2008 room rates and packages to be released soon. I will post all information concerning the new 2008 Packages once they are officially released.

Thank you as always JP! You are THE All knowing one! :kiss:

Pam

Upvote 0

pinkrose

Thank you JP!! :wave:

Upvote 0

CP17

I am waiting for room only rates , not a package deal, because i get a discount off the rack rates. I have been told I can hold the room, but not as a discounted room, so I'm not guaranteed a discount. Under the procedure that JPVonDrake & Lindsy1052 discribed, would I have a better chance of getting a discounted room by going ahead and having a room held? Is this a way that would assure me of the discount?

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hi CP, No, you cannot assure yourself of a discount that way. A hotel room is booked at rack rate for 2008. If a discount comes out, you can call and see if you can get one of the discounted rooms. If there are no discounted rooms at the resort you are at or in the room category you have chosen, you cannot just apply the discount to your existing reservation. Also if a hotel is booking up pretty quickly, they may not discount any rooms ( why should they it is selling fine on it's own!) in that particular resort. My advice? If you are going regardless of a discount and it is a busier time such as Spring Break, definitely book your room only and try for the discount when it comes out. If you arent going UNLESS you get a discount, then wait. Belle

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom