2005 shaping up to be quite a year!

SirNim

Originally posted by GoofyMike29
is expedition everest scheduled for a 2005 or a 2006 opening?
Officially, 2006, although those that are working on it are hoping it will be finished and ready for an opening sometime in late 2005 (I think) :lol:... ;)

Mikejakester

Once again LEE saves the day!! :sohappy:
but I still think you should of used this picture...backstage MK

notice how much space is Uncleared (a bunch of trees) before the main Floridian Dr. that space extend well back... :wave:

we'll be surprised at what could fit in there
:wave:

Lee

Adventurer
Don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but I just got the word that the Flik's Fun Fair and Mermaid Lagoon rumors are just that...rumors. I warned of that in an earlier post.

Only three attractions currently have a greenlight at WDW:
Everest, Stunt Show, and Soarin.

Put the other two out of your mind. It'll save a lot of typing.:D

But, at least 2 of the 3 will open in 2005, so that's still a pretty big year. Maybe Joe will crack his whip enough to get EE open in 2005 also. Stranger things have happened.

Mikejakester

aperantly the average time for construction of a Big E-ride it's about 2-3 years. They started construction on the stunt show at the studios and on EE at animal Kindom, and soaring apperantly it's starting construction on agust or september.

isin't it getting a little late for MK? I mean can we say that if nothing is anounced by december this year, we can expect nothing more than just a new Parade or something similar? if that even? I mean in time for 2005??

Lee

Adventurer
The whole "gifts for the 50th" thing is not official. It was just a marketing idea, and may in never be implemented.
Magic Kingdom is unlikely to get anything in 2005, after Philharmagic, the new fireworks, and the Stitch overlay in AE all happening within the next year.
But you never now...

As for Disneyland Paris, the ToT still looks strong for the studio park, and a new e-ticket for the Disneyland park is being tossed around (I have no idea what it is)

Budke

As for Disneyland Paris, the ToT still looks strong for the studio park, and a new e-ticket for the Disneyland park is being tossed around (I have no idea what it is)

Also rumored is that the Paris Studios will get a Toontown area, more in line with Disneyland's than the Magic Kingdom's.

Lee

Adventurer
Originally posted by dox
Thank god ! No Mermaid Lagoon or Flik's !!! Woo HOO!! :sohappy:

Nah, I like Flik's.
It would be great for the kids at AK, and keep the lines for Everest shorter.:D

dox

Originally posted by darthdarrel
So are you saying that Steve`s sources are wrong?:confused:

No absolutely not! I'm thrilled neither attraction is coming to WDW. In Lee I trust. I've already learned from past experience that Lee's word means a lot more than most CMs, again speaking from experience.

Lee - I see your point in regards to Flik at AK, I too would love to see shorter lines at EE :D and i probably wouldn't be as opposed to the idea of either one of these if they were coming to AK. But it seems a better idea in both parks is to add on to what already exists - Dino Rama and Toon Town - if they feel the need to add more stuff for the pre-school set. Although Camp Minnie-Mickey really needs something more than just FOLK and character greets [ignoring the existence of pocahontas on purpose] so maybe in retrospect Flik isn't such a bad thing. But I rather see this money be spent on other upgrades or new attractions, not even necc. an E-ticket attraction. A "D" ticket would be just fine - if any recent movie cries out for a dark style FL type ride its Lil Mermaid.

Lee

Adventurer
Originally posted by darthdarrel
So are you saying that Steve`s sources are wrong?:confused:

Not really.
These ideas have been tossed around, and may happen at some time.
However, neither is in the budget for fiscal year 2004. At least not at this point.
If Steve knows anything different, I would welcome some new information.

Hey, my sources have a margin of error, too.
They are backtracking on the Soarin info about a whole new pavillion. It seems that the decision may have been made to add it to Land after all, with the addition of a new preshow. (Same ride film - new preshow.)

darthdarrel

Originally posted by dox
No absolutely not! I'm thrilled neither attraction is coming to WDW. In Lee I trust. I've already learned from past experience that Lee's word means a lot more than most CMs, again speaking from experience.

Lee - I see your point in regards to Flik at AK, I too would love to see shorter lines at EE :D and i probably wouldn't be as opposed to the idea of either one of these if they were coming to AK. But it seems a better idea in both parks is to add on to what already exists - Dino Rama and Toon Town - if they feel the need to add more stuff for the pre-school set. Although Camp Minnie-Mickey really needs something more than just FOLK and character greets [ignoring the existence of pocahontas on purpose] so maybe in retrospect Flik isn't such a bad thing. But I rather see this money be spent on other upgrades or new attractions, not even necc. an E-ticket attraction. A "D" ticket would be just fine - if any recent movie cries out for a dark style FL type ride its Lil Mermaid.
I wasn`t doubting Lee,Heck I don`t know him! :lol: But From what Steve posted it looks like Lil mermaid lagoon is a shoe in. for 2005 or 2006. and I also have confidance in Steve aswell. I`m not saying Steve can`t be wrong, He`s Human like everyone else! :)

Lee

Adventurer
Look, it's not about who to believe.

The information that I get is not first hand.
I don't work for Disney, so I have no way of knowing what's going on. However, I do get information from people who are apparently in a position to know certain things and wish to share that information with me.
Sometimes they are right, sometimes not. Either way, it's not me you are believing, it's my sources.
Steve has far more and better sources than I have, so I would tend to believe what he says, even over what I hear.
Sometimes things contradict, but that 's OK. Often the information that comes out is incomplete, or is out of date, and plans have since changed.

What I'm getting at is, unless Jay Rasulo starts posting on these boards, take everything you read with a grain of salt, no matter who it comes from.

DisneyFan 2000

when you come to think about all this it actually makes sence!!!

Was it really possible for us to get 2 new lands + 2 E-ticket attractions for disneylands celebration while they get only 2 rides and a lousy parade???

I think these where just some of the ideas they had that got rubbed off the drawing board near the final stages before it gets a green light...

Makes any sence?

Lee

Adventurer
Originally posted by DisneyFan 2000
Was it really possible for us to get 2 new lands + 2 E-ticket attractions for disneylands celebration while they get only 2 rides and a lousy parade???

Two rides at DL for the 50th?
Better call TDA and tell them, I don't think they know about it!;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom