2005 shaping up to be quite a year!

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by Corrus
I think you're missing the point here...

Imagineers call copies of attractions built for other Disney parks, "Direct Lifts".
In other words... not new... done that... etc. etc...

Take Hongkong, for example, will mostly consist Direct Lifts..

Well, then, one would argue "Direct Lifts" aren't necessarily a bad thing. I'm not sure I'd like the Magic Kingdom if it didn't have direct lifts like Pirates, the Haunted Mansion, all three Mountains, 90% of Fantasyland...etc

Bagheera

Originally posted by ISTCNavigator57
Well, then, one would argue "Direct Lifts" aren't necessarily a bad thing. I'm not sure I'd like the Magic Kingdom if it didn't have direct lifts like Pirates, the Haunted Mansion, all three Mountains, 90% of Fantasyland...etc

But if, instead of caving in to pressure and putting in Pirates, they went ahead with Western River Expedition as originally planned, that would've REALLY been something.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by ISTCNavigator57
Our Soarin' will not be a clone. It will have the same ride video (we think), but WDI is working to raise the capacity, which means the ride system will vary at least slightly, and the queue will certainly differ drastically. That is why I say it'll be like the various Haunted Mansions--same general ride, different experiences.

How do you come to the conclusion it isnt a direct lift from DCA? Everything I have been told about this attraction indicates it will be. The increase in capacity that was being talked about, is more a case of getting guests on and off quicker, but still using the exact same ride system.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by wdwmagic
How do you come to the conclusion it isnt a direct lift from DCA? Everything I have been told about this attraction indicates it will be. The increase in capacity that was being talked about, is more a case of getting guests on and off quicker, but still using the exact same ride system.

I'm not sure how they could get guests on and off quicker...when I rode, it was about as fast as humanly possible. CMs can only check guests' seatbelts so quickly...I was under the impression that the only way to increase capacity would be to either add more seats to each theatre, or add extra theatres.

MKCustodial

Originally posted by Bagheera
But if, instead of caving in to pressure and putting in Pirates, they went ahead with Western River Expedition as originally planned, that would've REALLY been something.

That whole Thunder Mesa project sure seems like a winner... It'd have made Frontierland even better than it already is today.

General Grizz

Originally posted by MKCustodial
That whole Thunder Mesa project sure seems like a winner... It'd have made Frontierland even better than it already is today.

Doesn't it? Reminds you of POTC/HM/Horizons/SE/WOM with all of its ride-through AAs...

I believe the "Hold-Up" robbery/train scene from the World of Motion was designed initially for the WRE...

(Is it too late? :D )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom