2 Londoners at WDW Trip Report!

Hi Guys!

I did a PTR a few months ago and had TERRIBLE trouble learning how to add images but got there eventually after amazing help from @unkadug! Several months have past since then and I've forgotten what to do!:mad: BUT I am able to add images just thumbnail ones! That will do until I grow a brain!!!!!

So ...............Our Trip: 3rd - 12th September 2012, Wilderness Lodge
Cast: Me, Diane, 35 years old, this will be my 3rd trip to Paradise!
David (Dave) 42 years old, my OH, he had been twice in the 90's before our 3 trips together.

Travel Day - 3rd Sept

We woke at 5am :eek: as my parents were taking us to the Airport at 6am, we arrived around 8am and checked in, I get a bit claustophobic and always request bulkhead seats which luckily we got!!
After walking around the departure lounge for 2 hours zzzzzzzzz we entered the V-Room (lounge for Virgin Holidays passengers) the lounge is lovely, there is a glass section so you can see the runway! Plus you get free food!
Our flight was delayed by 2 and a half hours so we flew at 2.30pm, already we had been awake for 9 and a half hours!

Nine hours later we landed at MCO!!!! At this point I am already really grumpy and all I want to do is shower and sleep! We then queue for 1/2 hour to get through Immigtation, then wait for the cases. We also had to find the Virgin Desk to collect $300 free Disney Dollars BUT we can't find it, 15 minutes after pulling around 4 cases I refuse to move any more and proceed to sit on the floor! Dave thought it best to leave me there! He returned 10 minutes later with the goods! Time to get a cab to Wilderness Lodge!!!!!

1/2 hour later (its now probably around 7.30/8pm) we have been awake for 18 hours now! :eek: we check in at the WL!!!!! It all goes well until we ask to exchange our Theme Park Ticket voucher for ACTUAL tickets which our voucher says we can do at the resort, the CM had never heard of this and said it has to be done at the parks! Now its not the end of the world but after a loooonnnnngggggg day its slightly annoying! ;) We hoped to have the tickets BEFORE we got to a park just so we knew all was well, never mind!

Our room was lovely, the view amazing (pics will follow at some point, honest!) We had the 5th floor and the very end room so we had a great view of the Bay, we were above the pool and next to the Geyser!

After a shower we went to The Roaring Forks as we were starving, I had the Pulled Pork Sandwich, which was lovely but for some reason after a few mouthfuls my stomach turned and I could eat no more! I think a mixture of hunger, tiredness and excitement was too much and I felt too nauseous.

Once Dave had eaten everything he ordered (I have no memory of what it was!) I finally went to bed while Dave went to the Bar!

Roll on tomorrow!!!

dave&di

Original Poster
That evening we went to the MK to see the Electrical Parade, in 2010 we watched this in Frontierland, this is where we seem to watch all Parades! But this year we wanted to try Main Street, it seems a shame to not experience a parade here. We actually ended up in Town Square but its close enough! The crowds weren't too bad we got a spot about 45 mins before the Parade started. The good thing about watching it from Town square is you get different views of the cars as the enter from the gate then go round the roundabout so their not just going straight past you! Plus this is where it starts so you see it straight away!!!

Here are some pics! (hopefully! :rolleyes:)

975.jpg

1007.jpg

1022.jpg

This one's for all the Brits!! Did you know 'BIG BEN' is actually the name of the bell, not the structure!

1017.jpg

1012.jpg

OMG! I actually believe I've just worked out how to make the Mahoosive pictures smaller but not Microscope small!!!! :D I am now at peace with the world!!!

1051.jpg

This one's for you Yankies!!!
1068.jpg

dave&di

Original Poster
Aaaawwwww! I thought I had made the pics a decent size but obviously not! My personal war with the world is back on! :cool: Once I pasted I shrunk the photos with the cursor, they look smaller until I then post and then no change!

When the Parade finished we decided to stay in roughly the same area to watch 'Wishes', we normally try to stand right up front by the castle but I can't stand having to stand there for 2 hours and be shoved constantly, so this year we tried something different, it's probably better to see the fireworks for a distance anyway! We moved toward the roundabout (I've had a total blank and can't think what this bit is called!) to get a view of the castle, we placed ourselves next to 2 families who must have been together as 4 adults, 2 men and 2 women were so engrossed in conversation they failed to noticed their 2 young boys play fighting with a sword each, the delightful boys were waving them around frantically while also walking backwards, oh how we enjoyed being whacked by the swords and having our feet stood on for around 5 minutes before we decided to move! I actually kept dramatically ducking and dodging them just to see if a responsible adult would notice! :mad: No, they didn't!

Anyway, we didn't move too much, we stood in that circle area (???? can't think of it's name!) We had a pretty good view, they was a lady infront of me who was taller but apart from that I was pleased with the view, I managed to get some pictures without her scalp in it!! We were also surrounded by a tour group but we had no problems!

1094.jpg

Some of the tour group!

1078.jpg

I really felt the atmosphere more when I could see all of Main St as well! Much better than being up close imo.

1178.jpg

1187.jpg

1188.jpg

1155.jpg

As soon as 'Wishes' finished we headed back to the WL.

dave&di

Original Poster
yay!!!! more report!
Thanks for your enthusiasm Sam! I give credit to those who do TR's that add a lot of details and photos and who regularly update them, I can't believe the effort and time it takes!!! Ionly bother on a day off!

luv

I am loving the TR and I, for one, don't think your pics are incredibly large. You should quit worrying about that. They're fine!

No, we don't use "hump" the way you Brits do. The first time I heard the phrase "giving me the right hump" was in your TR. The different turn of a phrase interests me, though. :)

dave&di

Original Poster
I am loving the TR and I, for one, don't think your pics are incredibly large. You should quit worrying about that. They're fine!

No, we don't use "hump" the way you Brits do. The first time I heard the phrase "giving me the right hump" was in your TR. The different turn of a phrase interests me, though. :)
Lol!!!! Although being from London, I actually pronounce it " ump" I sound like Russell Brand! :D

dave&di

Original Poster
Awesome surprise to see an update and your firework pics look great. If I was getting the right hump I wouldn't be as excited.
Thanks, I was actually quite impressed with how the firework pics came out, this year I took a new more expensive camera than normal, I can never normally get good nighttime pics or firework pics!

Pooh Lover

Love, love, love your trip report! Trust me, between your technical difficulties and your awesome sense of humor, it couldn't be more entertaining. Not that I'm "enjoying" your frustration, but you and I seem to have a very similar (lack) of patience tolerance. When you said you sat down in the airport, I laughed and could totally imagine myself doing the same thing. It sounds (and looks) like you both had a wonderful vacation and are already putting together your list of must do's and must eats for next year! Can't wait to read and see more! Thanks for taking the time and effort to put this together so we can all enjoy it! :)

harveyt0206

Following along! The mere fact that you are working so hard to share your trip with us makes it all the better. Looking forward to reading the rest.

disney magic 06

Really enjoying it still, your efforts are very much appreciated and the photos look great.

What a shame about your lost memory card - I do think it's worth contacting Disney though. If some one found it I''m certain they would hand it in, anyone would at Disney.

Keep up the good work, even though it's giving you the hump!! :)

dave&di

Original Poster
Love, love, love your trip report! Trust me, between your technical difficulties and your awesome sense of humor, it couldn't be more entertaining. Not that I'm "enjoying" your frustration, but you and I seem to have a very similar (lack) of patience tolerance. When you said you sat down in the airport, I laughed and could totally imagine myself doing the same thing. It sounds (and looks) like you both had a wonderful vacation and are already putting together your list of must do's and must eats for next year! Can't wait to read and see more! Thanks for taking the time and effort to put this together so we can all enjoy it! :)
Hi! I'm glad my frustration is amusing it makes it all worth while! :D I have a major lack of patience! I can't believe I actually sat on the floor at MCO, while sat down there I spent the time taking off my flight socks so I must have been a sight!
We hope to do things we haven't done before as we did with this trip, after 3 trips there are still things not achieved! :eek: thanks for taking the time to read it! :)
Following along! The mere fact that you are working so hard to share your trip with us makes it all the better. Looking forward to reading the rest.
Thanks, I'm determined to finish it!
Really enjoying it still, your efforts are very much appreciated and the photos look great.

What a shame about your lost memory card - I do think it's worth contacting Disney though. If some one found it I''m certain they would hand it in, anyone would at Disney.

Keep up the good work, even though it's giving you the hump!! :)
Thanks, making a call wouldn't hurt I guess! I will continue next week, hump or not! ;)
Di - Glad to see you're back in action with "NEW & IMPROVED" super sized photos! Much better. ;)
You wanted bigger photos, you got bigger photos!!! ;) thanks!
Yeh! Love report.and pics.;)
Thanks, I intend to finish with a load of WL photos if you're interested! I have so many it would be a shame to waste them!

dave&di

Original Poster
The next morning we went to HS, we got there for opening and as soon as the rope dropped Dave went off to get FP's for Toy Story Mania, we enjoy Toy Story but not enough to queue up for over an hour so a FP is a must!!! While he legged it to Pixar Place I casually made my way to Star Tours where Dave would eventually meet me.
1209.jpg

I met a friendly face on the way!!!!

After Star Tours, which btw is amazing!!!!!! Although we generally got the same stories, the one we got the most was the wookie planet, I had to have another cupcake from Starring Rolls! I had a Butterfinger Cupcake, this was an embarrassing incident for Dave that still makes him cringe to this day! We approached the counter and Dave said "Can I have a Butterfinger Cupcake please" The old lady (who was American) behind the counter just stared at him for which seemed like an eternity before saying "Sorry?" Dave repeated it again even slower to which she continued to stare at him like he had two heads!:confused: She eventually said "I can't understand" By this point we were both feeling embarrassed as there was a queue behind us! Dave then said "BUTT.....ER FIN......GER CUP......CAKE" , unbelievably she still stared at him and started shaking her head, he proceeded to repeat these 3 words several times WHILE POINTING to the cupcake before she succeeded to understand the Engish language!!!!!! We were actually really annoyed at this incident as we all speak the same language, he wasn't talking in a 2nd language he couldn't speak well, plus she was standing behind a counter of approximately 15-20 items that she must sell regulary, surely she must be aware someone is about to ask for one of those items!:rolleyes: It wasn't like she was standing at a bus stop and someone started to ramble sentences in a London accent! BUTTERFINGER CUPCAKE it's not complicated! Sorry I will shut up now!!!!! :oops:

1213.jpg

Dave had a cinammon roll, luckily this was on a serve yourself shelf so that saved another 5 minutes o_O

1214.jpg

I ate about 3/4 of this! It was the best cupcake I had at WDW!

At some point we went to 'One Mans Dream' I loved this attraction in 2008, unfortunately this was closed for a refurb in 2010.

1228.jpg

This is a 'MUST' shot isn't it! Dave is not good at posing for photos, he is quite happy to stand straight with his hands by his side! This simple shot took a lot of persuading and directing!!! and even then he didn't get it as I wanted it!:rolleyes:

1234.jpg

Here's a pic of the 'Seven Dwarves Mine' model!!!

We also went to 'Beauty and the Beast' Stage Show, I love the movie and went to see the West End show of it many years ago, I bought the soundtrack afterwards and know the songs off by heart!

1258.jpg

1293.jpg
b

I've only ever watched it from behind the 'Tech' desk, I'm an ex Theatre 'Techie' so I love to watch the guys at work!!!

1347.jpg

Once we'd finished at HS, we went to DTD, this is what we went for..........

MY INTERNET CONNECTION IS PLAYING UP AND PHOTOBUCKET KEEPS FREEZING!:( I will return later, what a cliffhanger! What did we go to DTD for!!!

dave&di

Original Poster
Ok I'm back, so whwn we got to DTD we headed to get Lunch.......

1353.jpg

The Full Montagu at The Earl of Sandwich!!!!! We have to eat here every time we visit WDW and we both always have this!!!!

We looked around some shops......

1358.jpg

We also visited Goofys Candy Company........

1369.jpg

There's too much to choose from! But before we came here I had already decided on what I would get! I ordered a make your own Mickey Rice Crispy cake, dipped in milk chocolate, covered in peanuts and Peanut Butter drops and drizzled with white chocolate!!!!!:p I took it to go but by the time we got back to the WL it was a bit melted! :eek:

1383.jpg

It tasted just as good! It took me 4 days to eat it! Thank god for the free fridges!

Before we left DTD we decided on another snack!!!! I had already chosen what I wanted from Ghiridellis before leaving the UK! I give you 'The Gold Rush' !!!!!

1372.jpg

Dave also had this, it had only been about an hour since we ate at the EoS so we weren't really hungry but we were determined to try! I probably only had a 1/3 of it! :oops: Tbh there was too much peanut butter, I adore PB but there were massive clumps of it and you would end up with a mouthful of just PB and that was too much, it was hard to get a mouthful of just ice cream! Dave did not do much better either! I will try again next year!;)

Before we left the sky turned a dark shade of grey, we managed to get back to the WL before this happened......

1382.jpg

1373.jpg

This is the view of Bay Lake from our Balcony, it looks better in the sunshine!

Our plan for the evening was to go back to Epcot to try and watch 'Illuminations' after the 1st failed attempt :mad:. The rain wasn't letting up so our afternoon break back at the resort lasted longer than normal. We normally hit our 'evening' park around 6 to 6.30pm but that wasn't to be this evening, the rain eased off around 6.30pm and we got to Epcot for around 7.15pm. This wasn't a major disaster as our main reason for going was just to see the fireworks. We pretty much walked through Future World without stopping at attractions! :oops: Once we got to the WS I went straight to the Refreshment Port for some Spicy Chicken and Cheddar Poppers! I'd never tried these before but I had heard they were hot! You get 6 so me and Dave shared, I gave up after 2!!!!

I didn't take the camera as the sky was still looking unpredicible and we weren't really doing much anyway, after 'Illuminations' we were going to go back to the resort so this was just a quick outing!

We always watch the fireworks from Canada so we went and got a beer from the cart outside Le Cellier, we stood and drank by the cart for a while, while we decided whether to brave trying to reserve a spot by the lake, as I mentioned earlier I HATE standing around! But with 1/2 an hour to go we went and stood by the railings. As normal annoying people surrounded us but we stuck it out! :rolleyes: So.... 'Illuminations' had started! we had made it! BUT ....... next to us was a man carrying a twin in each arm, I'm guessing they were about 3 years old and as soon as the 1st firework went off both simutaniously and loudly went "Aaaahhhhhh", then the 2nd firework went off....."Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh" 3rd firework ...... "Aaaaaahhhhhhhhh" do you see where I'm going with this? :mad: After roughly the 10th firework and 10th "Aaaaaahhhhhhh" both me and Dave turned to each other and we both got what the other was thinking! So..... off we went to try and find another spot, we didn't go too far before we found a gap only to realise not long after why there was a gap..... a tree was blocking the view of the fireworks! So..... off we went again and found another gap, it wasn't perfect but we stayed as the expectation had gone already! We never really managed to watch it properly and ended up watching it as we walked back towards Future World! It was really meant to be I guess! We didn't attempt it a 3rd time!

Btw, we did have an ADR booked for Teppan Edo for this evening but we decided days before we weren't really fussed, we made the ADR on a whim and we never really settled on it.

That's it for this day, I can't wait to tell you about tomorrow, we go to the MK first thing and end up getting a preview to Enchanted tales with Belle!!!!
Pics to follow! (Hopefully tomorrow!)

dave&di

Original Poster
NEXT DAY!!!! This morning we were going back to the MK, our favourite park!

1422.jpg

We headed off to Frontierland to do our favourite attractions, Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain! After coming off Thunder we headed to Splash only to find it was down :( A CM suggested we get a FP and then return so this we did. We hung around Frontierland so to be ready for the FP time, while waiting we went to......

1423.jpg

The Hall of Presidents! I enjoy this attraction but I'll be honest with you, my mind generally wonders when the film is on! But I adore the animatronic presidents at the end!

We returned to Splash Mountain only to find it was still down, our FP time was nearly up and it was obvious there was a major problem, the CM was still telling visitors to get FP's, this annoys me as it gets your hopes up, I wish they would just be honest and say it's unlikely to be running anytime soon! :mad:

We then went to Fantasyland where we went on IASW, we then went to Philharmagic, this is one of our favourite attractions! Once it finished and as soon as the red curtains went down a CM with a microphone started to talk, he was standing next the exit which luckily is where we were seated, he wasn't very clear and there was lots of hustle and bustle from the visitors getting up and talking BUT luckily I heard the words 'PREVIEW' and 'NEW FANTASY LAND'!!!!! I had read on here at some point that visitors of Philharmagic were getting previews to Belles house so I clicked straight away! :D
I grabbed Dave's arm and made a dash to a female CM who was walking out of Philharmagic, only around 20/30 people followed, I wonder if they purposly make the announcement so subtily so not EVERYONE notices?

1430.jpg

So we headed to the fence directly opposite Philharmagic!!!! I was beside myself, I was even smiling! (I don't have a happy face! :p) The CM opened a door (it's right infront of the man in blue with the stroller) and this is what we saw!

1439.jpg

dave&di

Original Poster
1442.jpg

The inside of Belles House.....

1451.jpg

1453.jpg

Once inside the front room we waited around for about 5 minutes, there was another door at the far end of the room which we presumed would open at some point, once it opened a CM waved us through into Maurice's workshop!!!!!!

1461.jpg

The CM told us about some of the inventions there that Maurice had made, pointing to several items, he also pointed out a lovely mirror!!!

1464.jpg

Lovely isn't it!?!?

The CM asked if we wanted to see how Belle and the Beast met, let's remind ourselves, he said! Then this happened!!!!!........

1465.jpg

OMG!!!! The 'Mirror' lit up! Then .............

1466.jpg

The Mirror became a TV!!!! I'm really impressed with how good these photos turned out, great detail! We watched about 20 seconds of cartoon of Belle and Beast! I remember the CM said something that responded in everyone saying 'YES' ???? Sorry, it got a bit overwhelming so I can't remember what he said, but this happened.........

1467.jpg

The Mirror became a door! o_O As you can see one side opening!!! And then we walked through it......

1469.jpg

We were met by the Wardrobe (the name escapes me!)

1471.jpg

We entered by the door you can see still slightly open. The Wardobe was talking and her eyes and lips were moving, very impressive! I can't remember what she was saying! :oops: There was another CM in this room, he asked for little volunteers to help recreate the story of Belle and The Beasts meeting, apparently Belle was around and this would be a surprise for her1

1478.jpg

So 5 minutes was spent while children came up to collect props!
We then entered another room just to the right of the photo.....

1483.jpg

Then we entered the Library where Lumiere was waiting for us!!! He was talking and moving!!!! Amazing!!!!!

1488.jpg

I can't really remember what he said either!!!! I THINK at one point he said that Belle was about to enter so shout 'Surprise' And then......

1493.jpg

In came a 'surprised' Belle! Lumiere told her we were going to recreate the first meeting blah blah! ......

1510.jpg

Most of the children were actually children not an 18 year old pretending to be a 'tall' 12!!!!

Once the story was complete Belle posed for photos with all the 'small' volunteers, these photos were taken by an official Photopass photographer and then we left the building!

1517.jpg

This was an amazing experience, we felt so lucky getting a preview! We never have luck like this!!!! Plus I was down in the dumps before as Splash was down so this made my day!!!

The 'Enchanted Tales with Belle' was really good, if you have young daughters they will be blown away with the experience! I could have done without having to watch little girls prancing around for 10 minutes but it was still good to see for the 1st time! The detail in the building is unbelievable!!! It was so refreshing to see something that we had no idea how it was turning out!

Definitely the best experience of the trip!!

Just as we had exited the house, I managed to take another 2 photos from the outside and then my camera battery died!!! I could not believe my luck, if that had happened while we were still watching the show I would have erupted!!! :eek: I did have spare batteries but if I had to change them inside I would have missed it all!!!

dave&di

Original Poster
Oops! I've just been looking through my Photobucket photos and I've realised I've left out a section of the last HS trip! I will add it in tomorrow! After uploading the pics I'm not leaving them out now!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom