2 Londoners at WDW Trip Report!

Hi Guys!

I did a PTR a few months ago and had TERRIBLE trouble learning how to add images but got there eventually after amazing help from @unkadug! Several months have past since then and I've forgotten what to do!:mad: BUT I am able to add images just thumbnail ones! That will do until I grow a brain!!!!!

So ...............Our Trip: 3rd - 12th September 2012, Wilderness Lodge
Cast: Me, Diane, 35 years old, this will be my 3rd trip to Paradise!
David (Dave) 42 years old, my OH, he had been twice in the 90's before our 3 trips together.

Travel Day - 3rd Sept

We woke at 5am :eek: as my parents were taking us to the Airport at 6am, we arrived around 8am and checked in, I get a bit claustophobic and always request bulkhead seats which luckily we got!!
After walking around the departure lounge for 2 hours zzzzzzzzz we entered the V-Room (lounge for Virgin Holidays passengers) the lounge is lovely, there is a glass section so you can see the runway! Plus you get free food!
Our flight was delayed by 2 and a half hours so we flew at 2.30pm, already we had been awake for 9 and a half hours!

Nine hours later we landed at MCO!!!! At this point I am already really grumpy and all I want to do is shower and sleep! We then queue for 1/2 hour to get through Immigtation, then wait for the cases. We also had to find the Virgin Desk to collect $300 free Disney Dollars BUT we can't find it, 15 minutes after pulling around 4 cases I refuse to move any more and proceed to sit on the floor! Dave thought it best to leave me there! He returned 10 minutes later with the goods! Time to get a cab to Wilderness Lodge!!!!!

1/2 hour later (its now probably around 7.30/8pm) we have been awake for 18 hours now! :eek: we check in at the WL!!!!! It all goes well until we ask to exchange our Theme Park Ticket voucher for ACTUAL tickets which our voucher says we can do at the resort, the CM had never heard of this and said it has to be done at the parks! Now its not the end of the world but after a loooonnnnngggggg day its slightly annoying! ;) We hoped to have the tickets BEFORE we got to a park just so we knew all was well, never mind!

Our room was lovely, the view amazing (pics will follow at some point, honest!) We had the 5th floor and the very end room so we had a great view of the Bay, we were above the pool and next to the Geyser!

After a shower we went to The Roaring Forks as we were starving, I had the Pulled Pork Sandwich, which was lovely but for some reason after a few mouthfuls my stomach turned and I could eat no more! I think a mixture of hunger, tiredness and excitement was too much and I felt too nauseous.

Once Dave had eaten everything he ordered (I have no memory of what it was!) I finally went to bed while Dave went to the Bar!

Roll on tomorrow!!!

dave&di

Original Poster
Loving this trip report! The ocassional "I'm british you know!" makes me laugh! I'm british, but I have every intention of making the animal noises. (But then I'm still 5 years old in my head. XD) My boyfriend has accepted that I'm a nutter. XD Oh and BTW, sitting down in the middle of the airport is totally something I would do as well.
Hi Emma, I'm just playing up to the stereotype that we Brits are stuffy and emotionless! ;) In my head I'm a mature 10 year old who doesn't like to embarrass themselves!!!

Thanks for reading! :D

EmmabaRose

Hey! Oh of course we all are, that wink face is far too outrageous! Lol I never had that stage, I'm a performer so I think I'm missing the part of part of my brain that worries about looking stupid. XD

Its a really awesome read, very witty! I'm heading over to Orlando in May to visit the boyf, so its really helpful. Your TR has made up my mind that I have to have a cupcake while I'm there!

dave&di

Original Poster
Hey! Oh of course we all are, that wink face is far too outrageous! Lol I never had that stage, I'm a performer so I think I'm missing the part of part of my brain that worries about looking stupid. XD

Its a really awesome read, very witty! I'm heading over to Orlando in May to visit the boyf, so its really helpful. Your TR has made up my mind that I have to have a cupcake while I'm there!
Don't have A cupcake, have MANY cupcakes!

Have a great trip and welcome to the boards! :D

Uncle Lupe

A rainy day at Disney World is still a day at Disney World. Glad to know that men's stubbornness/stupidity/machoness is a multinational problem.

dave&di

Original Poster
A rainy day at Disney World is still a day at Disney World. Glad to know that men's stubbornness/stupidity/machoness is a multinational problem.
Oh I agree, I would take a rainy day in WDW over a sunny day in London anytime! And yes, men's STUPIDITY is a worldwide problem! ;)

Thanks for sticking with my TR Uncle Lupe!

sam&mia

brilliant trip report, lots of laughs
we were there same time as you and the rain was terrible
looking forward to reading more

dave&di

Original Poster
brilliant trip report, lots of laughs
we were there same time as you and the rain was terrible
looking forward to reading more
We've been lucky on our previous trips and never suffered with much rain, this year was the worst but we were still lucky, most days were mostly dry!!!

Thanks for reading!!

dave&di

Original Poster
UPDATE!!!!

I was just going through my 'paper bits' from the trip, to stick in a souvenir book, you know things like receipts and leaflets and stuff and I found the missing memory card tucked in the WDW envelope you get your room key cards in!!!!! :D :D :D I've just phoned Dave to tell him and he said he told me months ago he may have put it in there! :mad: firstly I don't remember that and secondly if he thought that was an option then why didn't he look!!!! Liar liar pants on fire!

So tonight we will see the pics for the first time!!!!!! That means I will continue with the TR next week! whoop whoop!

EDIT: The card seems to have the same photos on I already have!?!!?? Doesn't make sense, oh well! :(

Bama14

Ok, my photos are back on Photobucket so here goes!

Day Three

This morning we were going to Epcot, no particular plans here, just taking it easy! I still had a bad headache from the day before so Dave took control of the camera (this would explain why a memory card went missing on this occassion! :mad:) There are not many photos of this event because, have I mentioned DAVE lost a memory card!

th_621.jpg
Is it just me or are these photos getting even smaller! :eek: Somewhere up there the 'technology' God is laughing at me!

th_627.jpg
th_347.jpg

As we were going round the World Showcase we noticed a subtle area where there were loads of characters, Bolt, Winnie the Pooh, Eeyore, Chip 'n' dale plus others I can't name! There were no queues and no photopass photographers, just CM's making notes as the characters interacted with guests, we can only presume the CM's inside the costumes were trainees. We didn't go and mingle, we're British you know! We don't let ourselves go!;)

th_352.jpg
If you have amazing eyesight you will see some of them here! :rolleyes:

We had planned to have lunch at the ESPN Club, we had never been to the Boardwalk so we were excited to have a gander! So once we visited France we exited through the International Gateway. The walk to the Boardwalk is lovely, it's a really pleasant walk.

398.jpg

OOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! What's just happened! Are you kidding me!:eek: This TR is a complete mind f#ck! So ladies and Gentlemen I give you the TR of different size photos, we start with 'small' pictures which will lead to 'even smaller' pictures, just when you get used to squinting we bring 'MAHOOSIVE PICTURES'. I am actually laughing hysterically! I'm swear I'm being filmed for punk'd!

Quick question....... Too big! Shall I continue with this size or go back to the 'can't see what I'm looking at' size!?!?

I'll leave it here untill I get some feedback on the photo size! Apologises for the erratic TR! You should try being me, it's quite annoying! :p
Wow! I'm just seeing this TR, and it is one of my favorite ones yet! My boyfriend is trying to ignore my random outbursts of laughter. I haven't done a TR before, but am planning on it after my May trip. Pretty sure this picture thing is going to do me in! :)

dave&di

Original Poster
Wow! I'm just seeing this TR, and it is one of my favorite ones yet! My boyfriend is trying to ignore my random outbursts of laughter. I haven't done a TR before, but am planning on it after my May trip. Pretty sure this picture thing is going to do me in! :)
Thanks! Once you get the hang of uploading pictures its ok, I have a feeling by the time I get round to my next TR after my next trip in Sept I'll have forgotten how to do it again!
What a great trip report you have a wonderful way of writing it. Pictures are awesome.
Thanks! Much appreciated!

dave&di

Original Poster
UPDATE on the fricking memory card!

Sooooo, it would turn out that when Dave remembers putting a memory card in the KTTW envelope, it was after he uploaded it to our computer, not during the trip, that's why I already have the pics! I thought I had found my missing photos!!!! :(

There are about 3 more days to go on the TR, but my photos are all scrambled in different days (just to be helpful!) I have a few pics of the MNSSHP and also of the day we went back to the AK after being rained off.

I will attempt to do this later into next week!

dave&di

Original Poster
I'm back! Anyone there! ;)

I still have another 2 days to report, plus a return journey to the AK that took place a week later during our Universal/Seaworld week, I don't seem to have my photos in order so I'm struggling a bit!

I believe my last post was the wet AK trip, it just stopped raining as we were leaving the park, we then went to DTD, I have no real memory of any specific incidents here! :oops: Except we ate at EoS (where else!) we both had the Full Montugue as always! I remember I 'got the hump' as there were no peanut butter brownies which I love! I had to settle for a chocolate mousse! :(

We then returned to the WL for a rest! That evening we went to the MK, once again I have no memory of anything specific happening here! As my photos are confusing me a bit I'm not bothering searching for a photo of the MK, we all know what it looks like!!!!!

Day 7

We started the day with an ADR at the Whispering Canyon!!!! I'm not bright eyed or bushey tailed first thing in the morning plus I don't go in for all this theatrical stuff when eating, I like to be left alone to eat in peace, I hear the WC is a good place to read a book and relax!!! o_O We were the only customers there to begin with but by the time we left there were another 3 tables so luckily the 'entertainment' was mild! I can't remember the name of our server but she was lovely, very funny and friendly! We both had the breakfast skillet, which was amazing, loved the Mickey waffles! I didn't take photos, but then I don't have the patience at the moment to upload them if I did!!!

Wh then got the bus to Typhoon Lagoon, we always do this park once during our trip, I'm not a confident swimmer so I don't do much here (I'm a barrel of laughs aren't I!) I enjoy the wave pool.... well I enjoy standing a few feet in the water! I don't go in too deep, knee length is fine! Dave goes pretty much to the deep end! :eek: I adore the lazy river, Dave not so much, he has major issues getting into the inflatable ring, it's hilarious, in fact it's probably the reason I enjoy the river so much! Plus every time we go to get out and he jumps out the ring his shorts end up half way down his butt!!!! He has yet to learn to tie them tighter!!!!! We also do Crush 'n' Gusher which is quite a biggie for me, but I manage it! We also do Gang Plank Falls and Keelhaul Falls (I think!) If they are mild they're for me! Dave does a few of the wilder ones!

Once we left there , probably after 3 hours we returned to DTD again as it's just round the corner, no pics! That evening we went to HS, once again I have no particular stories or memories of this!

Day 8

This is our last day, we went to Epcot in the morning with an ADR for Le Cellier at Lunch, we loved it, Dave had the Beef Mignon, which he loved, I had the House burger, the best burger I've ever had! Which they now no longer do! :mad: We both had the creme brele to finish, as much as we enjoyed Le Cellier we only did it due to the Free Dining, on our next trip this Sept we are only on the Counter Service plan so we're not doing it, plus now the burger has gone I'm not interested!

Our last evening was spent at MNSSHP! Ididn't take many photos but I know I have some, so my plan is to find these pics and upload them. I also intend to upload general photos of the Wilderness Lodge just to show its beauty! I also will upload the secong AK pics!

Sorry for rushing through the final days but I really need to get to the days with photos to share!

dave&di

Original Poster
Me again!

I've uploaded the AK day and some WL pics, I can't find the Mnsshp pics so I'll ask Dave to have a look once he's home from work. So hopefully I'll get some on here tomorrow but as Mnsshp is the next day I need those pics first!

It feels good to be finally finishing this thing off! Isn't it annoying how everyday stressful, annoying, dull life gets in the way of important things like this! ;)

Btw, why is Photobucket so slow, I've spent 2 hours uploading 12-15 photos! sheesh!

dave&di

Original Poster
Ok, so here we go......

Last Day Cont:

Here's a pic of our view from our table at Le Cellier, we were seating on a table for 2 just near the entrance, many would probably find it annoying being on the edge of the action but we actually liked it!

1955.jpg

That evening we attended MNSSHP, we love this event, this was our 3rd time and my first dressing up! Well.... when I say dressing up I wore devil horns, the official MNSSHP tee and a tutu! This for me is a big deal, I don't like attention and like to blend into the background! I know I hardly stand out but to me I look ridiculous! Dave dressed as an English tourist! ;)

2007.jpg

I have my Treat or Treat bag which was an effort to get! When we entered the park the CM's who were handing out the bags were standing there with empty drums, we were told to go to Town Hall (is that what it's called!?) we were told to keep looking around the park for other CM's handing them out, we eventually found some in Tomorrowland. I was annoyed at the lack of bags at the entrance! :mad:

For some reason we don't really ride many attractions on MNSSHP nights, we tend to just soak up the atmosphere and queue for Candy! The past parties Dave hasn't queued for Candy but this time I made him! More for me!!!!! We did manage to ride The Great Goofini for the first time.

We watched the Boo to You Parade from Frontierland as always! All my photos turned out blurry which I guess adds to the spooky effect!

2037.jpg

I loved the skull lighting effect on Splash Mountain!

2093.jpg

We then searched for a spot to watch HalloWishes, as I mentioned I hate standing in crowds and was not going to squeeze into the Hub! We ended up on the Tomorrowland Bridge, although there were a few trees in the way, there was no crowds and no one standing in front of us. Brilliant!

2096.jpg

2121.jpg

2129.jpg

I loved the perimeter fireworks, a great way to finish the show!

2146.jpg

2155.jpg

We left the MK for the last time once HalloWishes ended. :( I always shed a tear at this point! As soon as we got back to the resort I started to make my way through this lot!

001-1.jpg

This is mostly Candy we don't get here in the UK so I really enjoy the selection!

dave&di

Original Poster
So the next day we transfered to The Portofino Bay @ Universal for 8 nights, during our stay we returned to the AK to get back the day we lost the week before! We were a bit nervous about doing this because we do our holidays in a specific way, we stay at WDW for the first part and then move on to Universal/Seaworld, we don't ever mix the two, once we've left WDW we don't go back! So we were anxious that by going back to a WDW park during that week would make us sad!

We got a cab from the Portofino to the AK, I loved entered WDW property again! Luckily it was a dry sunny day! Whoooo!

635.jpg

Some kind of deer I'm guessing! :oops:

639.jpg

I know this one, this is a ...... Tiger!!! :cool:

632.jpg

I LOVE the theming of AK, I think the surroundings are amazing! How good is this painting!

662.jpg

Another example of brilliant theming!

PHOTOBUCKET FREEZING! I'M GIVING UP FOR NOW, REALLY ANNOYING!

dave&di

Original Poster
I'm trying again1

AK Cont:

592.jpg

Dave wearing his Wilderness Lodge tee he bought the week before.

595.jpg

I was desperate to see the 'Flights of Wonder' show, I've never seen it for some reason. Dave is scared of birds (who'd have thought it!), he drops to the floor if a pigeon flies over his head! so he said he would meet me after. I work with British wildlife including wild birds so this is my type of thing!

685.jpg

696.jpg

This parrot was amazing, it's sings, but it actually says the words not just whistling! It sang 'how much is that doggy in the window'! It's worth googling!

702.jpg

This is a 'tour guide' who assists the main man, he is hilarious, absolutely bloody brilliant, I've never laughed so much in my life, and Dave missed it! :D

720.jpg

This is near the end, at the beginning the crow (?) It looks similar to UK crows! takes his flag, here it is returning it! This show was actually one of the highlights of the trip, I found it REALLY funny and interesting as well.

677.jpg

At some point we passed the tree woman (sorry, forgot her name!) I've heard of her but this was our first ever sighting, it was amusing watching her scare people but we were both irked that she is positioned on a main path, the whole area was blocked by a big crowd and trying to walk through it was nearly impossible!

On our rained out trip we wanted to eat at the Flame Tree Barbeque as this was where we ate the time before but the rain made it impossible, so this time we managed it, we both had the Pork Sandwich, which we both enjoyed!

We then made a final visit to a souvenier shop as I never got any the week before!

729.jpg

If I had enough room in my suitcase I would have got that cushion!

So we finally got our AK visit! It went brilliantly, although we never managed to do EE again as the line was 30 mins which is a long wait for us! We didn't want to get a cab all the way back to Universal due to the cost so we got a bus to Saratoga and got a cab from there! Bye WDW!!! I enjoyed re-visiting WDW during our Universal week but I must admit when we were on the bus heading to Saratoga I did have a little cry!

So that was the end of our WDW trip, I will put some WL pics up and then I'm done!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom