2 Londoners at WDW Trip Report!

Hi Guys!

I did a PTR a few months ago and had TERRIBLE trouble learning how to add images but got there eventually after amazing help from @unkadug! Several months have past since then and I've forgotten what to do!:mad: BUT I am able to add images just thumbnail ones! That will do until I grow a brain!!!!!

So ...............Our Trip: 3rd - 12th September 2012, Wilderness Lodge
Cast: Me, Diane, 35 years old, this will be my 3rd trip to Paradise!
David (Dave) 42 years old, my OH, he had been twice in the 90's before our 3 trips together.

Travel Day - 3rd Sept

We woke at 5am :eek: as my parents were taking us to the Airport at 6am, we arrived around 8am and checked in, I get a bit claustophobic and always request bulkhead seats which luckily we got!!
After walking around the departure lounge for 2 hours zzzzzzzzz we entered the V-Room (lounge for Virgin Holidays passengers) the lounge is lovely, there is a glass section so you can see the runway! Plus you get free food!
Our flight was delayed by 2 and a half hours so we flew at 2.30pm, already we had been awake for 9 and a half hours!

Nine hours later we landed at MCO!!!! At this point I am already really grumpy and all I want to do is shower and sleep! We then queue for 1/2 hour to get through Immigtation, then wait for the cases. We also had to find the Virgin Desk to collect $300 free Disney Dollars BUT we can't find it, 15 minutes after pulling around 4 cases I refuse to move any more and proceed to sit on the floor! Dave thought it best to leave me there! He returned 10 minutes later with the goods! Time to get a cab to Wilderness Lodge!!!!!

1/2 hour later (its now probably around 7.30/8pm) we have been awake for 18 hours now! :eek: we check in at the WL!!!!! It all goes well until we ask to exchange our Theme Park Ticket voucher for ACTUAL tickets which our voucher says we can do at the resort, the CM had never heard of this and said it has to be done at the parks! Now its not the end of the world but after a loooonnnnngggggg day its slightly annoying! ;) We hoped to have the tickets BEFORE we got to a park just so we knew all was well, never mind!

Our room was lovely, the view amazing (pics will follow at some point, honest!) We had the 5th floor and the very end room so we had a great view of the Bay, we were above the pool and next to the Geyser!

After a shower we went to The Roaring Forks as we were starving, I had the Pulled Pork Sandwich, which was lovely but for some reason after a few mouthfuls my stomach turned and I could eat no more! I think a mixture of hunger, tiredness and excitement was too much and I felt too nauseous.

Once Dave had eaten everything he ordered (I have no memory of what it was!) I finally went to bed while Dave went to the Bar!

Roll on tomorrow!!!

dave&di

Original Poster
Day Two
Morning - HS

This morning we had an ADR for Chef Mickeys! We have never done a character meal before so we were a bit nervous! We had a 7:15am ADR so we got the first (6:45am) boat from the WL to the Contemporary!

bth_395_zps1f413c13.jpg

I can't believe the vast selection of food available! Here are before and after shots of my breakfast!

bth_412_zpsb7d5ecfd.jpg
bth_428_zps13d84697.jpg

This was alot of food for me! I never eat cooked breakfasts normally but I enjoyed what I ate! I'm not one of these people that then go and get a bowl of fruit and pastries aswell! We got this on the DDP so it wasn't a waste of money!

Obviously we got our photos taken with all the characters, here's our pics with Mickey, I can't be bothered to upload the rest! :oops:

bth_418_zps4ea68ca4.jpg
bth_421_zps559acdb6.jpg

Have you noticed the photo I took of Dave is better than the one he took of me (and all the other diners!)

We enjoyed the experience but we did have an annoying situation that ruined it slightly. Obviously we posed for the photo with the plate thingy before being seated, we had already decided we were going to purchase the prints BUT the lady with the photo package approached our table just before Minnie was getting to our table, the lady handed me the prints and started reeling off the details when I saw Minnie approach, as Minnie stood there Dave and I said do you mind if we just have our photo with Minnie first, to which the lady snatched the package back off me! Minnie Mouse was trying to signal an apologetic gesture at her to which the lady scowled at Minnie saying "It's ok, it's ok, I'll come back later" she wasn't happy! She never came back so we didn't get the photos :( I suppose it saved us money and it was only pictures of a Mickey statue and plate!

Next we got the bus to The Hollywood Studios where we have an ADR for The Sci-Fi Dine-In at 1:30pm.

bth_458_zpsbf532252.jpg

Where are the crowds?!?!?

I had planned to try as many cupcakes from Starring Rolls as possible, so even though I had only just had a big breakfast I had this!!!

bth_454_zpsd4f0ceaf.jpg

A Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake! In hindsight I could have moved it 2 inches towards me out of the shade to get a better picture! This is why I never took many food pics, I just want to eat the damn thing!!! Dave had this:

bth_089_zps1217c05b.jpg

He took the picture on a small video recorder which was smaller than a cellphone! I have no idea what he ate! :oops:

bth_459_zpsd224f4a9.jpg

I have a double chin thing happening here as I tend to hold the camera lower rather than above and looking up! :rolleyes: BUT the camera is heavy!

We spent several hours riding attractions, at some point I developed a MAJOR headache plus it was SOOOOOO hot I was feeling really ill. I knew I couldn't hold out for our ADR, the time was around 12:30 so we thought we would try our luck and see if they could squeeze us in earlier, I was desperate to try the Picnic Burger so I didn't want to give it up. There were spaces available but we would have to have a table and not a car, we werent fussed as long as we got in! We waited 15 minutes to be seated AND were led to a Car!!!!! We loved it here, the food was tasty, I can't tell you what it looked like 'cos it was too dark to see it!!!! The atmosphere was very mellow, the movie clips were interesting and it was surprisingly quiet in there, for some reason I thought it would be loud and noisy but it wasn't, yes it was dark but luckily eating burger and fries didn't need much light! This is the only place we will make an ADR for next year! We will only be on the CSDP so we aren't fussed about sit down meals but this will be a must for us!

bth_109_zps4c240780.jpg

There was no point taking many pics due to the lighting!

dave&di

Original Poster
I realised during the meal that my head was clearing a bit which was good! We returned to the WL after this. I then attempted a nap (notice a routine starting here!) The skies turned nasty, I can't remember if it actually rained!

bth_536_zps1663b07e.jpg

Evening - MK

This evening we were going to see Wishes,I still had a bad headache and after being in the MK for less than an hour I decided I needed to go back to the resort, I felt so bad for Dave 'cos I didn't want to ruin his night, I insisted I could take the boat back on my own as I wanted him to continue his night, after much discussion I went! Look what I managed so see from our room!!!!!!

bth_564_zpsb20f8ec4.jpg
bth_565_zps608278c1.jpg

Wowsers!!!! I couldn't believe it, what an excellent view of Wishes!!! It kinda made me sad that I wasn't actually there watching it!:( Not long after Dave returned, he said he couldn't enjoy it without me! I felt so guilty! He then proceeded to leave me to go to the bar! o_O

End of Day Two!!

dave&di

Original Poster
I have misplaced a load of my photos, I may have a memory card missing :( so the TR is not going very well! Our photopass pics have turned up today (we waited 5 weeks for these!) so here are the ones from the 1st two days.

bth_mk12.jpg
Something appears to have happened to the pic! :mad: I give up really!

bth_castle12-1.jpg
Nope, something else going wrong, Photobucket only seems to have the top halves of the pictures.

I think I will leave this TR at this point, it's not going right and no-one seems interested anyway! Thanks to those who made the effort, much appreciated. :)

You can't quit now! I just started reading it! You really have an awesome sense of humor (I guess because you're British.) I love reading trip reports, but I often wait until it's all written so I can read it all at once. One of the reasons I didn't write a report after our August trip was that our pictures were so crappy. Yours are great. You two seem like such a fun couple!

HouCuseChickie

Awwww- you can't stop now!

We have similar photo issues in our family. DH's pics either need serious cropping or major adjustments b/c he's too close.

Jealous that you got early morning boats from WL. Maybe it was the cold weather, but we couldn't get any boats before 8am when we stayed there back in 2010.

Please post more! :)

dave&di

Original Poster
Awwww- you can't stop now!

We have similar photo issues in our family. DH's pics either need serious cropping or major adjustments b/c he's too close.

Jealous that you got early morning boats from WL. Maybe it was the cold weather, but we couldn't get any boats before 8am when we stayed there back in 2010.

Please post more! :)
Hi! I'm a bit annoyed that I seem to have misplaced some photos, once Im more organised I may continue!

The boat was there on time at 6.45am, we had it all to ourselves! I guess the weather must play an important part. :(

dave&di

Original Poster
You can't quit now! I just started reading it! You really have an awesome sense of humor (I guess because you're British.) I love reading trip reports, but I often wait until it's all written so I can read it all at once. One of the reasons I didn't write a report after our August trip was that our pictures were so crappy. Yours are great. You two seem like such a fun couple!
I probably will continue when I organise my photos, I have no patience for technology at all!!!

You have to have an awesome sense of humour to be British! ;)

I'm reasonably fun but Dave not so much!!!! :D

coachwnh

lost pics turn up yet? i hope so. if not, good luck!!! i know i love looking at the pictures after each trip. id be really ticked too :mad:

Uncle Lupe

Yes you must continue. Stiff upper lip and all that, chap. Carry on.

I used Flickr so maybe try a different photo site. I only had trouble uploading but when it came to choosing size and putting them in the TR it was fairly simple.

dave&di

Original Poster
lost pics turn up yet? i hope so. if not, good luck!!! i know i love looking at the pictures after each trip. id be really ticked too :mad:
No luck yet :( I will have to have a serious search on my next day off on Thursday :eek:
Yes you must continue. Stiff upper lip and all that, chap. Carry on.

I used Flickr so maybe try a different photo site. I only had trouble uploading but when it came to choosing size and putting them in the TR it was fairly simple.
Uncle Lupe your stereo typical quotes are always hilarious! ;)

I did have a Flickr account but couldn't make sense of it, I will continue to struggle through!

Thanks for 'aving a butchers' at my TR, I'm off for a cup of 'Rosie Lea'! ;)

disney magic 06

This is the first trip report I have ever read - and then you give up! I was really enjoying it too. Soi lovely to see your WL pics, seems like it was a good move to stay there!

Hope you manage to do some more :) but if not, thanks for the trouble you've taken to get this far.

Uncle Lupe

No luck yet :( I will have to have a serious search on my next day off on Thursday :eek:

Uncle Lupe your stereo typical quotes are always hilarious! ;)

I did have a Flickr account but couldn't make sense of it, I will continue to struggle through!

Thanks for 'aving a butchers' at my TR, I'm off for a cup of 'Rosie Lea'! ;)

I had to Google that craziness!

dave&di

Original Poster
This is the first trip report I have ever read - and then you give up! I was really enjoying it too. Soi lovely to see your WL pics, seems like it was a good move to stay there!

Hope you manage to do some more :) but if not, thanks for the trouble you've taken to get this far.
Hi! Glad you were enjoying it, I will have to search for the remaining photos and continue!!! The WL was amazing, I took loads of pics of it there, I will try to add some, it's the best resort I've stayed at!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom