2 Londoners at WDW Trip Report!

Hi Guys!

I did a PTR a few months ago and had TERRIBLE trouble learning how to add images but got there eventually after amazing help from @unkadug! Several months have past since then and I've forgotten what to do!:mad: BUT I am able to add images just thumbnail ones! That will do until I grow a brain!!!!!

So ...............Our Trip: 3rd - 12th September 2012, Wilderness Lodge
Cast: Me, Diane, 35 years old, this will be my 3rd trip to Paradise!
David (Dave) 42 years old, my OH, he had been twice in the 90's before our 3 trips together.

Travel Day - 3rd Sept

We woke at 5am :eek: as my parents were taking us to the Airport at 6am, we arrived around 8am and checked in, I get a bit claustophobic and always request bulkhead seats which luckily we got!!
After walking around the departure lounge for 2 hours zzzzzzzzz we entered the V-Room (lounge for Virgin Holidays passengers) the lounge is lovely, there is a glass section so you can see the runway! Plus you get free food!
Our flight was delayed by 2 and a half hours so we flew at 2.30pm, already we had been awake for 9 and a half hours!

Nine hours later we landed at MCO!!!! At this point I am already really grumpy and all I want to do is shower and sleep! We then queue for 1/2 hour to get through Immigtation, then wait for the cases. We also had to find the Virgin Desk to collect $300 free Disney Dollars BUT we can't find it, 15 minutes after pulling around 4 cases I refuse to move any more and proceed to sit on the floor! Dave thought it best to leave me there! He returned 10 minutes later with the goods! Time to get a cab to Wilderness Lodge!!!!!

1/2 hour later (its now probably around 7.30/8pm) we have been awake for 18 hours now! :eek: we check in at the WL!!!!! It all goes well until we ask to exchange our Theme Park Ticket voucher for ACTUAL tickets which our voucher says we can do at the resort, the CM had never heard of this and said it has to be done at the parks! Now its not the end of the world but after a loooonnnnngggggg day its slightly annoying! ;) We hoped to have the tickets BEFORE we got to a park just so we knew all was well, never mind!

Our room was lovely, the view amazing (pics will follow at some point, honest!) We had the 5th floor and the very end room so we had a great view of the Bay, we were above the pool and next to the Geyser!

After a shower we went to The Roaring Forks as we were starving, I had the Pulled Pork Sandwich, which was lovely but for some reason after a few mouthfuls my stomach turned and I could eat no more! I think a mixture of hunger, tiredness and excitement was too much and I felt too nauseous.

Once Dave had eaten everything he ordered (I have no memory of what it was!) I finally went to bed while Dave went to the Bar!

Roll on tomorrow!!!

dave&di

Original Poster
So I'm just going to big up the Wilderness Lodge, here's some pics!

050.jpg

The details are amazing, great theming!

045.jpg

040.jpg

043.jpg

064.jpg

038.jpg

We bought a smaller version of the Totem Pole, you can just see them on sale on the table in the doorway, I have actually only just noticed that it is a bigger version of this!!!! I like it even more now!

031.jpg

029.jpg

026.jpg

019.jpg

Dave took alot of the interior shots, he obviously felt it essential to take one of the vending machine! :rolleyes:
065.jpg

So that's me done! We are going back to WDW this Sept @ POFQ, we normally leave a gap of 2 years and save to stay at a Deluxe but we decided to get back as quickly as possible so we're opting to go cheaper. I get a feeling I'll miss the WL so much we may decide to go back to going every 2 years and returning to the WL!!! We won't know how we feel till after our Sept trip really!

Thank you to those who took the time to read this mess of a TR! An extra thank you to those who posted their encouragement! I've enjoyed sharing my memories with you! I might be mad enough to try another after our next trip! o_O xoxoxoxo

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Di - Glad you finally wrapped this b*tch up! Sorry your lost pics never turned up.
You did however muscle through and provide a very entertaining TR - I give it an A+!;)

Good work!

dave&di

Original Poster
Di - Glad you finally wrapped this b*tch up! Sorry your lost pics never turned up.
You did however muscle through and provide a very entertaining TR - I give it an A+!;)

Good work!
Ha ha! It did end up feeling like a school project! I loved writing about it, it was just the tiresome uploading that bugged me!

Thanks for sticking with it! :D

Uncle Lupe

Somehow I missed these last update but glad that you stuck it out and finished. Diggin' the Halloween outfit and the Wilderness Lodge pics. Dave's vending machine pic makes our work machine look like a steal.

Hip hip hazaa, hip hip hazza, hip hip hazaa!!

dave&di

Original Poster
Somehow I missed these last update but glad that you stuck it out and finished. Diggin' the Halloween outfit and the Wilderness Lodge pics. Dave's vending machine pic makes our work machine look like a steal.

Hip hip hazaa, hip hip hazza, hip hip hazaa!!
Hi Uncle Lupe! Yes all completed! Thanks for sticking with it! Really grateful for the support! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom