2/16 Spaceship Earth Update

brkgnews

If my memory serves, they went away sometime between Jaunary '05 and April '05. Luckily I snapped a photo prior to their disappearance...
12479EP-SSE-poster.jpg

AndrewBradt

Those posters are fantastic! I don't think they seem too dated--if anything they are retro-cool. I wish they would bring them back--or at least sell replicas!

(But, I think they should bring back the pylons and all the icons as well:))

EpcotMark

AndrewBradt said:
Those posters are fantastic! I don't think they seem too dated--if anything they are retro-cool. I wish they would bring them back--or at least sell replicas!

Get a Pulse

maxime29

Premium Member
Random question, but does anyone have a photo of Siemens being reflected on SSE at night? I found one from MiceAge but it's a small image. Here is what it looks like:
dsc06259small7cc.jpg

peter11435

Original Poster
maxime29 said:
Random question, but does anyone have a photo of Siemens being reflected on SSE at night? I found one from MiceAge but it's a small image. Here is what it looks like:
I plan on going to Epcot for Illuminations tonight. I will try to get some photos.

polarboi

peter11435 said:
The ride still has the traditional SSE roughness to it, but the sound in my car was much louder and clearer than I have heard it in a long time.

Speaking of which, has SSE always been as jerky as it is now? Or is that a result of years of wear and tear?

To me, it's such a shame the way the jerkiness and poor sound quality can detract from an otherwise spectacular ride.

-p.b.

ToTBellHop

polarboi said:
Speaking of which, has SSE always been as jerky as it is now? Or is that a result of years of wear and tear?

To me, it's such a shame the way the jerkiness and poor sound quality can detract from an otherwise spectacular ride.

-p.b.
It is the result of a lack of refurbishments. It used to be quietER, though I am too young, I think, to remember it ever being "quiet." The sound didn't cut out and you could hear it the whole time, though.

jeffb

AndrewBradt said:

I second the motion to bring back of the icons as well!

peter11435

Original Poster
Well, I went to Epcot for Illuminations tonight. I am sorry to report that they did not do any lasers on SSE after the show. So I was unable to get the photos I said I would.

SirNim

peter11435 said:
Well, I went to Epcot for Illuminations tonight. I am sorry to report that they did not do any lasers on SSE after the show. So I was unable to get the photos I said I would.
Oh no!

They must have been testing out the system... It couldn't have been a one-time occurrence, programming the Siemens logo into the laser system for just one night...

CaptainMichael

jeffb said:
I second the motion to bring back of the icons as well!
The icons could work in today's Epcot. A few modications need to be made, but they could still be relevant. Who knows what next year will bring for Epcot?

DDPGambit

AndrewBradt said:

At one point Disney did sell copies of these. I saw one on ebay about a year ago, but have not since. :(

yensidtlaw1969

STR8FAN2005 said:
The icons could work in today's Epcot. A few modications need to be made, but they could still be relevant. Who knows what next year will bring for Epcot?
Does anyone have a guide or something that tells which icons stand for which pavilion? That's always confused me.

Thanks!
Yensid"I know Horizons, SSE, WOM, WOL and JII, but what are the others?" tlaw1969

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Let's see.. icons..

Energy is the Sun/radiant, consecutive orange/red circles.

uoe_logo.jpg

The Land is a leaf ontop of the globe in green.

ec_land_logo.jpg

The Living Seas is the crashing wave in blue.

lsgropbutton.jpg

Old Communicore:

18a605d0.png

Epcot82Guy

I just saw your name addition there Yensid, so sorry for the unnecessary answers. But, for anyone else -

Each was meant to be an abstract emblem.

Imagination was a four-piece vortex in pink. It showed the constant movement of the mind.

Land, Seas - obvious as MouserMerf pointed out.

Energy - again, above.

Motion had a small ball heading through what would be vertical lines showing movement like transportation.

SSE had a similar concept except it was the globe in orange.

Horizons had the graduated lines on the bottom with a wedge to appear as a roadway going off in the distance toward the horizon.

I also agree that I would love logos. I actually knocked together a set of new ones relevant to the pavilions today. It was pretty easy, so Disney could do a bangup job. That would be a neat way to bring the pavilions into the old and new. I would love to see a large broze outline of each in front of each pavilion. It could change out when the pavilion itself changed.

PJLukasik

At http://members.aol.com/disneyfonts/ptmain.html you can find a couple of fonts including two, Prototype Community and Prototype Pavillion, that include the original set of icons, along with many others.

brkgnews said:
If my memory serves, they went away sometime between Jaunary '05 and April '05. Luckily I snapped a photo prior to their disappearance...
12479EP-SSE-poster.jpg

I have a shirt with that same picture on it! Everyone loves it when I wear it, and they want to know where to get it. They should be asking when as it's from like 1983 or something.

Pirate Jeff °o°

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom