2/16 Spaceship Earth Update

yensidtlaw1969

STR8FAN2005 said:
Yes, and the reason for little or no lines can be attributed to the high capacity of SSE. It is perpetually moving.
Exactly. people need to learn not to judge an attraction by it's line :D .

Yensid "That's the story of our CORPSE BRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE" tlaw1969

CaptainMichael

yensidtlaw1969 said:
Exactly. people need to learn not to judge an attraction by it's line :D .

Yensid "That's the story of our CORPSE BRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE" tlaw1969
You can tell when the ride stops moving because the line forms quickly. Hmmm..wonder why that is.

STR8 "Logic is fun" FAN2005

brkgnews

Another page on this site says Theoretical Hourly Capacity for SSE is 2400 guests. (I've seen other numbers that push this even closer to 2900). At any given time, there can theoretically be 616 people on the ride (according to figures from another site showing 154 cars @ four seats each).

This makes you truly appreciate how many people are in the parks when the queue area is backed up (remember hearing about three and four hour waits when the park first opened? That would be something like 2400 on the ride at any given time, plus three times more out in queue = 9600 people. Yikes!). A friend of mine absolutely swears that sometime around opening day, the queue filled all the switchbacks and stretched all the way back to the Canada pavilion.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
STR8FAN2005 said:
You can tell when the ride stops moving because the line forms quickly. Hmmm..wonder why that is.

STR8 "Logic is fun" FAN2005

Yeah... so much for the perpetually moving theory :lol: :p

DMC "was stuck on SSE for an hour this past DEC. NOT FUN!" -12 :lookaroun

yensidtlaw1969

brkgnews said:
A friend of mine absolutely swears that sometime around opening day, the queue filled all the switchbacks and stretched all the way back to the Canada pavilion.
I believe I heard that at either Christmas or New Years the line stretched back to the Fountain of Nations, which is rare these days.

Yensid "I think I heard that on this site" tlaw1969

tirian

Around New Year's, SSE used both sides of the queues, and each side reached all the way to the back of the post-show building. I had to run into Future World to pick something up and specifically looked at SSE's queue to check out its length. (I love that ride and enjoy its success. Yes, I know that's cheesy.)

I can see how SSE's wait could have stretched well into Future World at Epcot's opening: SSE is the very first attraction Guests encountered, the park was new, and there was a post-show plus Guest Relations (and dining reservations!) to slow folks down.

Mecha Figment

i would also like to add that on the decent before you see the city where you see families and scientiest talkign to one another. a fiberoptic lighting effect simulates the data being transfered. never seen that before.

peter11435

Original Poster
Mecha Figment said:
i would also like to add that on the decent before you see the city where you see families and scientiest talkign to one another. a fiberoptic lighting effect simulates the data being transfered. never seen that before.
Thats been there for years. I believe it was installed in the 1994 rehab. Since then I have seen it every time.

Skippy

It's amazing to see how varied the line length for SEE can be. one hour it would be a walk on, another it would have a huge line. I bet a needed rehab would make the line a little more common.

rdour@techminds said:
On a different note, the same was happening for Journey Into Imagination with Figment. Totally dead.
In my opinion, the version deserves it.

magicstar01

Ive been a few times in the summer when the queues have wrapped all the way around it was mad! Don't mind q'ing its just something you have to live with!:king:

peter11435

Original Poster
Mecha Figment said:
well it hasn't been working for months then. becasue i've riden it a dozen times since january and last week was the first time i noticed it.
You know come to think of it I think they have been missing for the last few months.

Epcot82Guy

I remember that effect from the VERY early times when SSE reopened. But, it has been gone for some time. I am really anticipating changes coming to this great attraction. Hopefully an announcement will come soon (although think the end of HCOE will likely be the timing).

lnsemsf

brkgnews said:
A friend of mine absolutely swears that sometime around opening day, the queue filled all the switchbacks and stretched all the way back to the Canada pavilion.
I was there on opening day and we waited about an hour in line, went through all the switchbacks including some rope switchbacks which were put in to deal with the line, but it never went to World Showcase. Worst part about it was right as we got to the front of the line with about 5 people in front of us the ride broke down and it was down the rest of the day. We wen't back the next day and walked on. It's one of the few vivid memories I have of the day as I was only 5 at the time.

brkgnews

Yeha. This may not have been opening day (maybe several days later after the fears of huge crowds went away, and thus huge crowds actually showed up). Or my friend could just be full of horsepoop. :D

peter11435

Original Poster
ImagineerMMC said:
Is anyone else upset that they removed the classic Spaceship Earth posters out front a few months ago?
I never noticed they were gone. But now that you say that, it is a bit disappointing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom