2/16 Spaceship Earth Update

peter11435

Original Poster
SirNim said:
In regards to the new SE sign, it seems with the two pics I've seen of it that the words "SPACESHIP EARTH" are merely "painted" on the sign, unlike their former incarnation in which they were 3-dimensional and backlit at night. Can anybody confirm the new sign is still 3-dimensional and lights up at night?
It looked to me like the letters were no longer three dimensional. I didn't see it lit up at night. Although I am starting to think this sign may only be temporary, while the old ones have the siemens logo properly added.

SirNim

peter11435 said:
It looked to me like the letters were no longer three dimensional. I didn't see it lit up at night. Although I am starting to think this sign may only be temporary, while the old ones have the siemens logo properly added.
I'm thinking it may be temporary too...

ballewclan

Looks like great things may come to Spaceship Earth soon.

Looking forward to a brighter future...with less clanking noises. :animwink:

donaldfan

SSE and Epcot in general getting TLC AND the return of the InfernoBarge? I can't wait to go back in May.

Thanks for the good news!! :wave:

Austin1

Sorry if this is off topic, but what other changes are supposed to take place from now untill May? Are the going to keep fixing up SSE? I hope so!

brkgnews

Austin1 said:
Sorry if this is off topic, but what other changes are supposed to take place from now untill May? Are the going to keep fixing up SSE? I hope so!
No official word, but the general belief here is: maybe some minor changes to a couple of show scenes, a general sprucing up, and a new post show.

Expo_Seeker40

More inspiring than a wall? A new Earth Station with new touch screens and an interactice Siemens exhibit at both Earth Station and Innoventions. :slurp: :lol:

brkgnews

beez said:
A new post show? Who doesn't like it the way it is now? :veryconfu
Just to clarify Beez, we're not talking about the part where all the fiber optics and such swoop over you while you ride backward past the city on the river. We're referring to that cavernous empty room at the end (after you get out of the vehicle and off the revolving turntable) just before you walk back outside. It used to be full of all kinds of interactive goodies (and hopefully will be again!) As for right now, it's nothing but a big plywood wall.

By the way -- Welcome to the boards!

OmegaKnight

w00t, this is great news for Spaceship Earth. I am so happy to see one of my favorite Disney rides getting the TLC it needs and most definitely deserves.

rdour@techminds

I was at EPCOT almost every day this past week. I am so happy that I was able to see some small noticable updates. My girlfriend pointed out the new sign for the post show yesterday right before we left. It was the last thing we did before returning to Pop to catch our Magical Express.

However, I'm really sad about the attention guests give to the attraction. I didn't even have to wait for a short line. It was like they were waiting for me to get on the ride, no one else around. I think they would be better off running some promos for this and other attractions on their internal TV along with the high demand attractions. I onestly think a lot of people just skip SE because they don't know what they're in for.

On a different note, the same was happening for Journey Into Imagination with Figment. Totally dead. I had to stop and explore the queue area and enjoy it slowly because there was no one present to make me wait in the line. It was so sad. I'm afraid they'll close that area if people don't show an interest in it. It isn't enough for us Disney fans to ride, a general audience is necessary. I bought a Figment puppet, because I'm afraid that when I return, maybe it won't be there.

Please just drag people on these attractions if you have to, recruit total strangers to get on and enjoy them. Seriously, what else is going to do it?

CaptainMichael

rdour@techminds said:
I I onestly think a lot of people just skip SE because they don't know what they're in for.
Well, that and they are running to The Land for a Soarin' Fastpass.:lol:

I too feel that it should be promoted. That is the problem with these older rides. CoP suffers from this also. If it isn't a high profile ride, people seem to forget about it. I think we'll see a return of SSE to the guidemap cover for Epcot's 25th.

basas

rdour@techminds said:
I was at EPCOT almost every day this past week. I am so happy that I was able to see some small noticable updates. My girlfriend pointed out the new sign for the post show yesterday right before we left. It was the last thing we did before returning to Pop to catch our Magical Express.

However, I'm really sad about the attention guests give to the attraction. I didn't even have to wait for a short line. It was like they were waiting for me to get on the ride, no one else around. I think they would be better off running some promos for this and other attractions on their internal TV along with the high demand attractions. I onestly think a lot of people just skip SE because they don't know what they're in for.

On a different note, the same was happening for Journey Into Imagination with Figment. Totally dead. I had to stop and explore the queue area and enjoy it slowly because there was no one present to make me wait in the line. It was so sad. I'm afraid they'll close that area if people don't show an interest in it. It isn't enough for us Disney fans to ride, a general audience is necessary. I bought a Figment puppet, because I'm afraid that when I return, maybe it won't be there.

Please just drag people on these attractions if you have to, recruit total strangers to get on and enjoy them. Seriously, what else is going to do it?

For Journey Into your Imagination...yes, there is a problem. But I think SSE gets large guest counts (especially early in the morning...). Doesn't it have one of the highest daily guest-counts at WDW?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom