1st M: S park guest test today

Donaldistheduck

I know this has already been touched upon.......but doesnt it make sense that one of the busiest days there, 4th of July, SPACE could open for a full day for one day only????

Maybe its just wishfull thinking since I will be there june 30th-July8

DonickCo

Well I'll be going over to MS in a few minutes. If you see me say hi, I'll be wearing a Disneyland True Vintage Characters hat and a Mickey dragon shirt. wish me luck :animwink:
-DonickCo

Coasterbp

Well, I just got back from Epcot, and got a ride in on MS.

There were several people waiting around the wall in front of MS, anxiously awaiting anything. I presume that most of these people were from this or other boards. I stayed away from the crowd, where the shade was, while everyone else baked in the sun...:lol:

Right at 4pm, a couple managers and some MS cast came out to the wall, opened up the doors and walked everyone in. I stayed back a bit, not wanting to rush through it all.

I really don't need to go into all the details as it has been done numerous times before. The queue is cool, the loading procedures are intricate. Those that don't speak english are gonna have fun in there. Good luck CMs.....:veryconfu

As for what I thought of it...Well, it was intense. About 3/4 of the way through the lift off, I started to get a little queasy. Luckily, it didn't last long. Then the slingshot around the moon. Oofah. More g's. I didn't look sideways or around. I stayed glued to that screen. After the slingshot, I had to engage the hypersleep as I was the engineer. The weightlessness section wasn't as impressive as I hoped it would be. It was a welcome relief from the spinning though. The g's didn't bother me, as I'm an enormous coaster freak (check the name) but the spinning did bother me, which is also odd, because I can spin the crap outta those teacups and not even blink twice. Thank GOD they have the cold air blowing on you, or else I was gonna be toast. Afterwards, I was glad it was over. It was a neat ride, not the most incredible thing I've ever been on, but very cool. It's going to ruin a lot of peoples days because when it's hot out there, these guests never drink as much water as they are supposed to and I think that people are going to drop like flies after this thing.

After I got off, I looked around a bit, then didn't feel so hot, so I got some water and sat down. Then felt worse, so I went to the bathroom. Close call, but everything stayed down. (I had lunch several hours earlier also...gave myself plenty of time to digest.) I really wanted to try it again, but my stomach said no way, so I went home.

Good luck to everyone that rides. Hope you keep your lunches with you.

:hurl:

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I'm going to try on thursday for another ride... payday!!!

ocolectr

I found out there is going to be a party for the construction workers and their families on Friday. No park guest previews that day. :(

mkymaus

Account Suspended
%&*# it to hell!! I missed it AGAIN today!!!!!
We went to Epcot around 515pm today and the security guard said...."Mission Space is open!!"....we hauled Mickey butt in 90 degree heat all the way to Mission Space and vioa-la!! We were too late!! UGH!!
We will try again tomorrow....I was soooooooo miffed! I couldnt enjoy my meal I was so upset! We were only minutes late too!! I blame my kids...LOL....my daughter had to do cartwheels at the entrance and I blame her!! LOL:slurp:

oh PS...Our meal at Le Cellier tonight was AWFUL!! Worst meal yet here at Disney!! I couldnt belive the tasteless food we had..never again....(and I didnt think it had anything to do with the above issue either):hurl:

eclipseSD

Frankly, I don't care what you call it. "Soft opening" "Unofficial Soft Opening" "Unofficial Guest Testiing" "Guest Testing" All that matters is one simple fact: Mission Space will be open to the public (without special selection) on and off from now to August 15.

This is particularly important to me since I am staying a week at an Epcot area resort in late-July. By then, many of the kinks will be most likely have been worked out. So, it should be operating almost daily and for a fairly long amount of time. While it won't be a soft opening in technical terms, it comes pretty damn close. I figure 2-3 visits a day to the MS area, for a week, will mean pretty good odds of catching it open at least once.

mkt

Premium Member
not really. only 2 ride chambers are even rideable. The other 2 haven't even completed construction. They need to be done by Aug 15... so the few hours they're running the attractions are probabaly when the construction staff leaves. They don't need nosy guests wandering through a construction site

ISTCrew20

Originally posted by Coasterbp
Well, I just got back from Epcot, and got a ride in on MS.

There were several people waiting around the wall in front of MS, anxiously awaiting anything. I presume that most of these people were from this or other boards. I stayed away from the crowd, where the shade was, while everyone else baked in the sun...:lol:

Right at 4pm, a couple managers and some MS cast came out to the wall, opened up the doors and walked everyone in. I stayed back a bit, not wanting to rush through it all.

I really don't need to go into all the details as it has been done numerous times before. The queue is cool, the loading procedures are intricate. Those that don't speak english are gonna have fun in there. Good luck CMs.....:veryconfu

As for what I thought of it...Well, it was intense. About 3/4 of the way through the lift off, I started to get a little queasy. Luckily, it didn't last long. Then the slingshot around the moon. Oofah. More g's. I didn't look sideways or around. I stayed glued to that screen. After the slingshot, I had to engage the hypersleep as I was the engineer. The weightlessness section wasn't as impressive as I hoped it would be. It was a welcome relief from the spinning though. The g's didn't bother me, as I'm an enormous coaster freak (check the name) but the spinning did bother me, which is also odd, because I can spin the crap outta those teacups and not even blink twice. Thank GOD they have the cold air blowing on you, or else I was gonna be toast. Afterwards, I was glad it was over. It was a neat ride, not the most incredible thing I've ever been on, but very cool. It's going to ruin a lot of peoples days because when it's hot out there, these guests never drink as much water as they are supposed to and I think that people are going to drop like flies after this thing.

After I got off, I looked around a bit, then didn't feel so hot, so I got some water and sat down. Then felt worse, so I went to the bathroom. Close call, but everything stayed down. (I had lunch several hours earlier also...gave myself plenty of time to digest.) I really wanted to try it again, but my stomach said no way, so I went home.

Good luck to everyone that rides. Hope you keep your lunches with you.

:hurl:

Do douht you saw me..left side...i was with "The original 3"

mkymaus

Account Suspended
Originally posted by mkt
not really. only 2 ride chambers are even rideable. The other 2 haven't even completed construction. They need to be done by Aug 15... so the few hours they're running the attractions are probabaly when the construction staff leaves. They don't need nosy guests wandering through a construction site

MKT....um....(putting this as kindly as possible)....do you know what your talking about? The MS preshow area has been open now 2 days in a row even when they are not allowing guests to ride the ride....also the gift shop has been open....they are encouraging people to go in and enjoy all the fun of the pre or post show area.....I think they are encouraging guests...and if there are any areas with construction, guests are never allowed there!

Just a little FYI from someone who has been there and almost done that...we did go through the pre/post show area and its quit cool, I might add.

Have a good day.....I will attempt launch yet again today....I will report back later...now off to AK.:sohappy:

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by mkymaus
MKT....um....(putting this as kindly as possible)....do you know what your talking about?

yes I do. When you go through throught the turnstile area (albeit there are no actual turnstiles) while indoors, there are 4 doors in the room room just before the preshow. 2 on the left, 2 on the right. Each of the doors leads to a different centrifuge. Only the 2 on the left are operational, the 2 on the right are still in construction. And out of the 2 on the left, Blue and Yellow (Yellow is the front, Blue is the back), Blue is the less reliable one of the 2, being the one that's breaking down more often.

As for the construction comment, I meant guests the indoor queues, which all of my sources have told me they are off limits until they allow guests on. Also, several trip reports, as well as pictures, will vouch for what I just said about not letting guests in the indoor queue.

This is an FYI from someone who has been there... and done that... 10 times.

edited to overemphasize my point even more

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by mkt
yes I do. When you go through throught the turnstile area (albeit there are no actual turnstiles) while indoors, there are 4 doors in the room room just before the preshow. 2 on the left, 2 on the right. Each of the doors leads to a different centrifuge. Only the 2 on the left are operational, the 2 on the right are still in construction. And out of the 2 on the left, Blue and Yellow (Yellow is the front, Blue is the back), Blue is the less reliable one of the 2, being the one that's breaking down more often.

As for the construction comment, I meant guests the indoor queues, which all of my sources have told me they are off limits until they allow guests on.

This is an FYI from someone who has been there... and done that... 10 times.

^
|
|
|
Knows what he's talking about

mkt

Premium Member
here's the area i'm talking about. On the left you'll see a blue lit #2... that's one of the 4 chambers. In front of it (not visible) is a yellow one. On the right corner, you'll see a red light (slightly visible), in front of it there's another one (can't recall the colour right now.. I think green). The ones on the right are still being built.. they're not even rideable right now.

Pdvd_012.jpg

Pdvd_013.jpg

Pdvd_014.jpg

Pdvd_015.jpg

screenshots courtesy of DonickCo...

imagineersrock

wow thanks for the pics rob- i hadn't seen those yet.... looks great!:cool:

PS- any word on WHEN the construction on the 2 remaining centrifuges should be completed? -do you think they'll be open by the Aug 15th soft opening date, let alone the official opening on october 9th?

thanks
-Alex

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom