1st M: S park guest test today

AndyMagic

Originally posted by mkt
have you seen the vanilla coke commercials? reward your curiosity. something like a mix of that, and when they needed more people, CM's will go out in the nearby area and ask willing guests to "follow them"
I'm a little confused by this response. Apparently I have never seen this commercial. :( So is it a mix of just a random opening of the courtyard and CM's luring guests toward the ride?

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Originally posted by AndyMagic
I'm a little confused by this response. Apparently I have never seen this commercial. :( So is it a mix of just a random opening of the courtyard and CM's luring guests toward the ride?

yeah... a little of both. Basically, enough to keep it at a minimum wait time..

ISTCrew20

Originally posted by mkt
bah...

it's not a soft opening... it's a test... the exact same thing that guests were doing back in february. In that case, you could say that the soft opening began in February.

The cast is still being trained, and they need people to train them on. Also, the centrifuges are still being fine tuned. That's what happening... not a soft opening.

Well, when I got my info about when I will get to ride, I was told it would be later this week, but now that I heard this, I am guessing they just started it earlier. Either way, im going to ride it before this week is over:) :) :) OMG...I cant wait

AndyMagic

Originally posted by mkt
yeah... a little of both. Basically, enough to keep it at a minimum wait time..
Thanks for the clarification Rob. :) And room1313, I wish you the best of luck getting on M:S tomorrow. I anxiously await your review. :cool:

Centrifugeer

Original Poster
This is true. I'll try and not get my hopes up but this certainly seems like good news. Quick question: Was this guest opening one where they pull random guests, or did they just open the courtyard and wait for guests to start coming in?

I'm not sure. I think they opened up the courtyard for a couple of hours and let guests wander in. M: S has been through quite a few cast previews recently, and apparently things have gone well, so it appears that they're taking the next logical step.

It's such a great ride. If I could I'd ride it every day...right after lunch. :D

mkt

Premium Member
I anxiously await your review. :cool:

you read mine? lol... I'm gonna try to get back on tomorrow as well. Mission Space is like a drug... and I want MORE

AndyMagic

Originally posted by mkt
you read mine? lol... I'm gonna try to get back on tomorrow as well. Mission Space is like a drug... and I want MORE
Of course I read yours. I wouldn't be much of a forum regular if I didn't. :D

Epcot is my fav

Originally posted by mkt
it's using guests as guinea pigs... fine tuning the ride itself, and training CM's

a few hours at a time

random amounts

like whats random amounts.....like they take groups of people and put them through...or do you walk up to the ride and they only admit a certain amount and you wait on lines?

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by Epcot is my fav
like whats random amounts.....like they take groups of people and put them through...or do you walk up to the ride and they only admit a certain amount and you wait on lines?

random amounts is just that. A random unselected amount. The rest of your answer, you've answered yourself. They go up and select guests, while curious guests may wander it.

ISTCrew20

hAha...I'll prob. see you again. I cant wait to get some more Mission Space stuff. I really cannot wait. BTW Rob, I dont think my post will come close to yours. You think they'll have a rule against pics? Im going to try to get s many pics as I can for you guys, providing its even open tomorrow. Hey Rob, you know your picture has like 700 views? Thats insane. Anyway, I will keep my eyes peeled for ya. Im going to be at Epcot all day. OMG, they may just be a couple hours between me and my trip on MS. Im going to explode:lol: :lol: :lookaroun

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by DonickCo
where should i go to see if it is open. please let me know how i should go about doing this.

Thanks
-DonickCo

there isn't anywhere you can go.. you just have to go to the attraction itself and pray

ocolectr

Don't plan on going next week (June 15th through the 21st) most of the CM's have either been assigned to train and/or work at other Epcot attractions or are on vacation that week. WDI is using that time to make adjustments to the ride after getting guest feedback this week.

wanabeimagineer

Originally posted by mkt
\ CM's will go out in the nearby area and ask willing guests to "follow them"

With promises of games and candy? :lol: Sorry I had to do it, anyways I can't wait to ride it, but I won't be able to get down there until August so I'd say my chances then are a little greater than say tomorrow.

mkymaus

Account Suspended
FYI FOLKS!
We are down here till the 19th and we spent the entire day at Epcot yesterday and NO Mission for us! I even asked a CM and he almost laughed in my face saying....there wont be any previews till August.
So, it came to me while waiting in line for ice cream tonight at Beaches n Cream that a guest was one of the 3000 guests allowed to go on it!
How upset I was that I was a day late and a dollar short...he also told me after speaking to the CM's after riding it twice that future preshows will be slim to none....so people try not to get your hopes up too much....
:brick:

Well looks as if I will spending the remaining 10 days of my trip camped out in front of MS! LOL:sohappy:

I WILL NOT MISS THIS AGAIN, JUST IN CASE THEY DO DECIDE TO LET MORE TESTERS ON.....

Cheers from rainy/sunny/rainy again Disneyworld!!

PS...there were a few guests coming off a little white in the face....apparently its a little rougher on your body they all would imagine....I heard you become disoriented.

:veryconfu

Actually, test and adjust, the fine tuning of the attraction, training of cast, playing with through-put and cycle times is exactly what a soft opening is and is for. I have participated in quite a few. A few hours a day is exactly what they are, unless there is little to adjust (think Alladin).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom