1st M: S park guest test today

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Originally posted by imagineersrock
wow thanks for the pics rob- i hadn't seen those yet.... looks great!:cool:

thanks.. those are actually Screenshots from one of DonickCo's videos.

Originally posted by imagineersrock
PS- any word on WHEN the construction on the 2 remaining centrifuges should be completed? -do you think they'll be open by the Aug 15th soft opening date, let alone the official opening on october 9th?

they HAVE to be open by Aug 15. That's the goal, to have them up and running by then. I'm guesstimating that they'll be open in time to give at least 2-3 weeks of testing each. Maybe mid-late July. Then any last remaining touch ups will take place... like a little more fine tuning, more details.. the usuals.

mkt

Premium Member
eh.. i'm just am careful about what I choose to believe.

ToTBellHop

actually, I tend to think the four bays need to be in full working condition by August 1st, when AP previews start--there are a lot of AP holders, so they will want to be at full capacity. And, with all CMs set to be on site by July 4th, that probably corresponds to when Disney feels all four bays will be ready to start testing.

ISTCrew20

Actually the queue is very small for such a big attraction.Just one of two straitaways, and like 6 switchbacks (or w/e there called)..but with all 4 fuges running..you have people in the queue. 160 people in the first preshow. 160 people in the 2nd preshow, and 160 people on the ride every 10 mins or so. So, yea, I dont think capacity will be a very big factor

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by room1313@TTZTOT
Actually the queue is very small for such a big attraction.Just one of two straitaways, and like 6 switchbacks (or w/e there called)..but with all 4 fuges running..you have people in the queue. 160 people in the first preshow. 160 people in the 2nd preshow, and 160 people on the ride every 10 mins or so. So, yea, I dont think capacity will be a very big factor

Well, you are looking at a full capacity between 1800 and 2000 guests per hour. If there is a two hour line (certainly not out of the question), you would be talking 4000 guests. Fastpass, of course, keeps many of them out of the queue, but the overall set up should be that the stand-by line will be mostly outdoors, and I would imagine they will mix Fastpass and Stand-By right in the first main room of the queue, leaving only those few switchbacks in that room as the indoor portion of the stand-by line--all other guests in Stand-by will be outside, which is clearly what Disney has been doing for a while w/ Fastpass attractions--move the Stand-by guests outside. But, once they get the ride cycle down to 5 to 6 minutes (under two minutes to load), the line will move very quickly.

mkymaus

Account Suspended
MKT...b-e-a-utiful.....I understand 3 and 4 are under construction....we were allowed on today and it is STILL open as we speak now...700pm Orlando time...it will remain open till 9pm...went on it 5 times....and I have plenty of pics in the "queue line" etc....as for the preshow and as for the actual simulator...
so just goes to show you....MKT others know too....and I thought you said that people are not allowed in the queues...when in fact they have been allowed since 4pm today...and yes, 3 and 4 are still under construction and I was told by CM on MS that they will be up and running by August.
Spoke to many CM there today as we waited and after wards...so please, do not be condicending to us...as we might, just might know sometimes more than thou.

:)

Thank you

PS....the ride is FAN-FRICKEN-TASTIC!!!!!

mkt

Premium Member
alright Mia. I was there at 4pm today, and rode it. DonickCo was with me. I meant to say, they are not letting guests wander around the queue when the attraction was not in operation. Your posts made it seem like it was all day.

unlike most of the people on the boards, I am there every friggin day of the year, I see how things happen on a day by day basis, and most of the time when I say something, it's because I speak from experience. Not to make myself sound big.

Originally posted by mkymaus
we were allowed on today and it is STILL open as we speak now...700pm Orlando time...it will remain open till 9pm...went on it 5 times....and I have plenty of pics in the "queue line" etc....as for the preshow and as for the actual simulator...

I rode too.... this was my 11th time.

1 time in Feb
1 time WDI preview
4 times June 3
2 times June 4
1 time June 5
1 time June 6
1 time June 11

I also have pics too.... however, with the multitude of posters across the net, I'll just look at your and others pics, and experience M:S in person as often as permissibe

MKT others know too....and I thought you said that people are not allowed in the queues...when in fact they have been allowed since 4pm today...

I replied to your posts which indicated all day. They aren't allowed in the queue UNLESS THE ATTRACTION IS OPERATIONAL. In fact, prior to 4PM, the shop was roped off, so guests couldn't sneak on.

and I was told by CM on MS that they will be up and running by August.

don't you know that the CM's working the attracion itself generally don't know more about the attraction than these sites do (other than operating it)

Spoke to many CM there today as we waited and after wards...so please, do not be condicending to us...as we might, just might know sometimes more than thou.

I speak to these same people, as well as a few WDI CM's working on M:S and other sources involved with this attraction on a regular basis. I generally don't post anything unless I'm sure. And not to sound like an arrogant prick (there's really no way around this)... but... my sources are seldom wrong... meaning, I'm seldom wrong.

:)

Thank you

PS....the ride is FAN-FRICKEN-TASTIC!!!!!

:fork:

you're welcome...

I have finally found something I agree with you about... that ride is FANTASTIC

edited to make my point shine through

Mr. Toad

OK, this is what I get for not reading the news on the front page -DOH! I could have tried for Mission:Space today and didn't even know it was open! I am such a loser sometimes!

So, any suggestions on what would give us the best chance of getting in on Thursday (our last day down here)? My dad, wife, and I are thinking about heading over around 2:30 - 3:00 to see what is going on at M:S. We agreed that we would wait 5 hours if we have to for a ride. I'm sure my mom will not be going on it. Any suggestions on what we can do to improve our chances would be very appreciated.

For anyone that is going to be there tomorrow I will be wearing an EPCOT Seas Aqua Tour shirt and a NY Mets hat (and will have my fingers crossed).

Mr. Toad

...So, it came to me while waiting in line for ice cream tonight at Beaches n Cream that a guest was one of the 3000 guests allowed to go on it!...
Umm, OK if this was around 10:00PM - 11:00PM then I was probably standing right behind you. I was waiting for some shakes and food and I heard someone at a table on the other side of the small half wall that separates the To-Go line from the rest of the place telling someone in line about riding M:S. I figured they were a cast member. :brick:

ISTCrew20

Originally posted by Mr. Toad
OK, this is what I get for not reading the news on the front page -DOH! I could have tried for Mission:Space today and didn't even know it was open! I am such a loser sometimes!

So, any suggestions on what would give us the best chance of getting in on Thursday (our last day down here)? My dad, wife, and I are thinking about heading over around 2:30 - 3:00 to see what is going on at M:S. We agreed that we would wait 5 hours if we have to for a ride. I'm sure my mom will not be going on it. Any suggestions on what we can do to improve our chances would be very appreciated.

For anyone that is going to be there tomorrow I will be wearing an EPCOT Seas Aqua Tour shirt and a NY Mets hat (and will have my fingers crossed).

Hey look for me, I'll be there too. I'll be wearing a navy shirt and tan pants (like always, I swear there not the same clothes):lol: . Oh yea, and my Mission:Space Hat. I'll be at the entrance starting at 2 pm, if not earlier, so come by. Trust me, the ride is WAY worth waiting for.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by mkt

I speak to these same people, as well as a few WDI CM's working on M:S and other sources involved with this attraction on a regular basis. I generally don't post anything unless I'm sure. And not to sound like an arrogant prick (there's really no way around this)... but... my sources are seldom wrong... meaning, I'm seldom wrong.
edited to make my point shine through

In Mia's defense...guests are riding SPACE well before August 15th, the planters and the CM telling guests to leave SPACE left and the wall went back up, the costumes aren't very dark. Seldom wrong? Maybe. But, you didn't get everything right with this particular attraction...or your sources didn't.

Mr. Toad

Originally posted by room1313@TTZTOT

Hey look for me, I'll be there too. I'll be wearing a navy shirt and tan pants (like always, I swear there not the same clothes):lol: . Oh yea, and my Mission:Space Hat. I'll be at the entrance starting at 2 pm, if not earlier, so come by. Trust me, the ride is WAY worth waiting for.
I should be there by 3:30 at the latest. Went by there around noon and no one was there but someone sweeping. They said sometimes around 4:00 they might decided to run a few tests.

I also asked at guest relations but they said the ride wasn't open and they did not know of any plans for guests to ride, just CMs (which was what I figured they would say).

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by DogsRule!
the costumes aren't very dark. Seldom wrong? Maybe. But, you didn't get everything right with this particular attraction

I know what I saw. perhaps it's their winterwear, or a costume design that wasn't approved. But I saw a Black tunic with an ISTC patch on it and nametag area in Epcot costuming.

Mr. Toad

It would be cool if the CMs had different colored uniforms for different ranks/functional areas (like loading, post-show, etc.) like in Star Trek.

mkt

Premium Member
that would be cool, but it would involve all of the affected CM's to change their clothes every time a rotational bump went through

orlpassholder

Originally posted by mkt
that would be cool, but it would involve all of the affected CM's to change their clothes every time a rotational bump went through

ya that would make it tough. Cant wait going back tonight

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom