1st half of 2009 discount rumor

DizneyPryncess

Ok, some updates on my AAA booking.

I had a previous reservation for a week at the boardwalk villas in May 2009. They were able to rebook it for me, same room, for $500 less! I'm so excited! This is an awesome deal. Thanks for the advice on AAA, Belle & everyone who helped. :)

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Thanks Belle....I think I will get all my laundry out and plug in the ol' headset and attempt to reach WDW....like you said you never know....will report back in if I get any discount...:king:. Think I will suggest that my gf call and consider an actual disney resort...I know the others are sort of hybrid...;)

ariels

I am going Jan 2 to 9th, staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I went through AAA so I had my agent call today and try to change my dates from Jan 4th to the 11th instead to get the deal. They said it was not available for Deluxe Resorts. Why is this?:veryconfu

wannabeBelle

I am going Jan 2 to 9th, staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I went through AAA so I had my agent call today and try to change my dates from Jan 4th to the 11th instead to get the deal. They said it was not available for Deluxe Resorts. Why is this?:veryconfu

That is absolutely not true. There may be no availability on the DATES you have selected at the resort you are at, but Deluxes as a rule are NOT excluded from this offer. January 11th is the Marathon I believe, so onsite lodging is tough to get for that particular weekend. Belle

wannabeBelle

Ok, some updates on my AAA booking.

I had a previous reservation for a week at the boardwalk villas in May 2009. They were able to rebook it for me, same room, for $500 less! I'm so excited! This is an awesome deal. Thanks for the advice on AAA, Belle & everyone who helped. :)

You are very welcome!!! Belle

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Well I am on hold on the phone and there are no rooms currently at my deluxe resort available on the concierge level...but she is doing something where she says it will regrade it to a "pkg" and then I will have a code that if something opens up I can have better access to apply it?

I just had a panic question....currently I have a room only booking and if I cancel prior I owe nothing...I wonder if she is getting me into a I owe I owe regardless of whether I go....:lookaroun In this economy one never knows if DH will still be employed next winter.....

wannabeBelle

Well I am on hold on the phone and there are no rooms currently at my deluxe resort available on the concierge level...but she is doing something where she says it will regrade it to a "pkg" and then I will have a code that if something opens up I can have better access to apply it?

I just had a panic question....currently I have a room only booking and if I cancel prior I owe nothing...I wonder if she is getting me into a I owe I owe regardless of whether I go....:lookaroun In this economy one never knows if DH will still be employed next winter.....

I am not sure what is being done. Did you have a room only reservation?? If so be aware changing to a package involves different payment schedules and cancellation policies. Belle

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Well I went ahead and changed it to a "package" but at this point it is just for the room...and I get some discount coupons I guess...yes my balance is due in 45 days but as I put it on my disney card I am told I will get 6 months at 0% interest....sure hope that is still valid....I was told cancellation before then would forfeit my $200 deposit. So at worst I am out that.....although I have been told by another that one can move their reservation to for example, next Christmas and cancel before then at no loss....not sure exactly how that works but something with the room rate has to not be less....which that NEVER has happened at a deluxe resort from year to year in my knowledge esp. on the club level....

The supposed advantage I have is I can call as much as I want and see if a room opens up on the club level to apply to my package for the free night/$200 card benefits. I would have to minimally get a one day park pass for my family to complete my package fufillment...but LOL two nights free(of my 6) and the card $200 alone would more than benefit that and yes I can hang onto those free days forever....now I wonder for a future trip how if adding days to a one day pass would benefit me at all.....hmmmm so much to think about....

Can someone here confirm they booked a room package on their Disney Visa and had it show up on bill at 0% for 6 months?!!! THANKS!:king:

texasmom

I am so excited!!!!:sohappy: Just called and asked about getting the discount. Since I had reserved 6 nights in March, I received 2 nights free. We're staying at the Coronado Springs resort and I saved over $500!!!!! I will also get the Disney Gift Card for $200 at check in!!! Woooohoooo!!!!

gjpjtj

I already had a reservation with a AAA discount for January 8-17 @ POR. After applying this code I saved an additional $250 off of the already discounted price, and also get the $200 gift card. (And i get to keep the AAA package benefits, such as parking pass, character story telling, etc.)

So, I saved $450 on my previous reservation!!!:sohappy:

Carebee21

I also had a package in Jan booked through AAA. After lots of hassles, they finally changed it.

First when I called yesterday, she told me she didn't think she could rebook it for a lesser price. I told her to just find out. So she called. She told me they had her on hold for longer than 30 minutes and she can't sit on hold that long, so she'll have to call later. So she calls later and tells me my price for the package would be $180 more than the price it's telling me online. So I tell her to look online and look at the price. She looks at the price and tells me Disneyworld is now closed so she'll have to call on Wed. (she's going to be gone for a long weekend). I tell her that's not acceptable and I want someone else to help me. She tells me she'll transfer the info to someone else who will call me first thing in the morning.

So by noon today, no one had called me. I call in and speak to someone and she said, Oh no, we can't cancel and rebook packages. Our supervisors are telling us no. We're aware of the deal but it's only for new packages. So I tell her to just cancel my package then, because I'm still over 45+ days out, so I have no cancellation fee. I tell her I'll just go book it online myself then if they're unwilling to help me.
She then says she'll call WDW, but she knows they can't help me. So an hour later, she calls me and says she has WDW on the phone and they can change the reservation. It saved me $230 over the AAA discount price plus I'll get the $200 giftcard at check in.

So, if you talk to someone at AAA who says they can't help you, firmly tell them they can and make them call for you!!!

imamouse

^^Or use another TA, like Kingdom Konsultant from this site :D. I used AAA one time and it was such a mess. I've been using KK for several years now and they wow me everytime.

I'm glad you got things straighted out. Have a great trip!

wannabeBelle

Keep in mind that especially for a deal like this, they can only apply ONE discount, either the AAA Package discount OR whichever package promotion is going on ( Such as this offer, Free Dining, etc) so we would be able to match AAA on the booking prices of any of these discounted packages. I have heard stories, both good and bad of AAA agents. I think that it would depend on the knowledge level and commitment to the client level of the agent you are dealing with. Belle

Figments Friend

Yippie Skippy..it's a Zip-aDee-Do-Da DAY!!!

Yippie!!

Just booked my January excursion and i'm elated at the deal i was able to score. I was thinking about hitting the World again in January, but was waiting to see what the airline rates would be and if there would be any offers from The Mouse. I'm thrilled like many here already at the great prices that are out there now for a Disney Vacation.

Airfares are more reasonable now then a month or so ago, so if you are thinking about taking advantage of this offer i would definately look into it.

The $200 GC if a nice plus. My assumption is you cannot use this towards purchasing food in the parks ( as in the resturants)...yes? I am guessing it is good only for merchandise...but if one COULD use it to purchase meals that would be a nice surprise.

Can anyone confirm this? IS the Disney Gift Card only good for use in purchasing merch and cannot be used to pay for meals at the Parks?

Thanks in advance.

I'm so exicted to be going back again so soon!!!!!

:sohappy:

mas

Feburary dates

This is a GREAT offer and we want to go again in February - wonder if there are any rooms open around the 14th? We've gone for Valentine's the past two years since we spent our honeymoon at the Contemporary this is a very nice renewal of our love.

Mary Ann

pajammies

Yippie!!

Just booked my January excursion and i'm elated at the deal i was able to score. I was thinking about hitting the World again in January, but was waiting to see what the airline rates would be and if there would be any offers from The Mouse. I'm thrilled like many here already at the great prices that are out there now for a Disney Vacation.

Airfares are more reasonable now then a month or so ago, so if you are thinking about taking advantage of this offer i would definately look into it.

The $200 GC if a nice plus. My assumption is you cannot use this towards purchasing food in the parks ( as in the resturants)...yes? I am guessing it is good only for merchandise...but if one COULD use it to purchase meals that would be a nice surprise.

Can anyone confirm this? IS the Disney Gift Card only good for use in purchasing merch and cannot be used to pay for meals at the Parks?

Thanks in advance.

I'm so exicted to be going back again so soon!!!!!

:sohappy:

Can someone confirm if this is true or not I would like to know also. I actually thought it was good for almost everything, thought I just read that in the past couple days on here, but not positive.

disney4life2008

Can someone confirm if this is true or not I would like to know also. I actually thought it was good for almost everything, thought I just read that in the past couple days on here, but not positive.

According to Mouse Savers

Travel between January 4 and March 29 with this "free nights" package and you will also get a $200 Disney Gift Card, redeemable for dining, souvenirs and more at Walt Disney World! (Travel after March 29 does not include the Gift Card.)

gjpjtj

Keep in mind that especially for a deal like this, they can only apply ONE discount, either the AAA Package discount OR whichever package promotion is going on ( Such as this offer, Free Dining, etc) so we would be able to match AAA on the booking prices of any of these discounted packages. I have heard stories, both good and bad of AAA agents. I think that it would depend on the knowledge level and commitment to the client level of the agent you are dealing with. Belle

I agree about the ONE discount part, I had to relinquish my AAA discount to get the new discount. However to my surprise I was still able to get the add on AAA stuff such as diamond parking.
If you are not interested in the AAA perks, I too would agree to go with Kingdom Konsultants. They have been most helpful on these boards over the years, and I'm sure they would do a great job with your ressie.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom