1986 - The House of the Future: Week 9

Outbound

I will admit... the park is blue sky. I really don't see the need to include IP at all because realism doesn't matter, BUT, if the team wants it, I'm down. I know some of ya really enjoy including IPs into parks and that's cool. I'll probably focus on the original storyline attractions but I understand the need to appeal to both sides.

NigelChanning

Even I know when some IP is a little too much...

Here’s this: If an IP fits perfectly somewhere in the park and has the ability to add on to the guest experience, we can do it. If it doesn’t, we don’t. Simple as that. We don’t want to go in with a certain number of IP’s allowed. We’ll play around with what we have and see what does and doesn’t work.

DashHaber

So, just to give my two-cents without stirring up too much, I'm generally one more for a park having a broader theme or focus instead of super-focusing on a single IP or setting.

In any case, factoring in that central lagoon, I'd like to give a rough re-pitch of the "imagination" idea as... Disney's Ports of Imagination.

Imagine if you will, a collection of islands out on an ocean. This is no ordinary ocean, however. This is the Creativi-Sea, a swirling oceans of thoughts and ideas. It is a place just waiting for the right person to ride its currents, and find the path to their passions and imaginative spirit. Various islands are around the Creativi-Sea. For instance, there is the Art-chipelago, a lush island of painterly hills and hand-crafted wonders. Another is Melody Bay, a symphonic city by the sea with buildings inspired by instruments.

Where do our guests begin? They start at Creation Cove. This is a place more grounded, more familiar compared to the surreal landscapes of the other islands. However, it is also a place of makers and dreamers, a harbor where folks set out in pursuit of their one little spark or return with a blaze of new ideas in their mind.

PerGron

Alright, so entry-lands.

I had a couple pitches to throw out there.

1. A base camp for explorers. Our whole park could be themed around an explorers’s map as we discover uncharted worlds. The entrance could be their base camp where they set up with the shops and restaurants serving as surplus, gear, a mess hall, etc.

2. Theme the entryway to Shangri-La. This would allow us to use an Asian aesthetic, something we haven’t touched at all yet in this game, though I feel Shangri-La would fit a hell of a lot better as its own land.

3. An arctic-themed entryway. I think the arctic would be super cool, but maybe not enough to be considered a tried and true “lost world”. However, the story could go that an arctic expedition set sail back to England (or wherever, depending when the park takes place) but was washed away at sea, disappearing without a trace. It could be implied that the explorers ended up discovering tons of lost worlds on their travels to get back home. It’d be a good “first act” entryway, plus Disney really has never done the arctic aesthetic besides Club Cool

DashHaber

Alright, so entry-lands.

I had a couple pitches to throw out there.

1. A base camp for explorers. Our whole park could be themed around an explorers’s map as we discover uncharted worlds. The entrance could be their base camp where they set up with the shops and restaurants serving as surplus, gear, a mess hall, etc.

2. Theme the entryway to Shangri-La. This would allow us to use an Asian aesthetic, something we haven’t touched at all yet in this game, though I feel Shangri-La would fit a hell of a lot better as its own land.

3. An arctic-themed entryway. I think the arctic would be super cool, but maybe not enough to be considered a tried and true “lost world”. However, the story could go that an arctic expedition set sail back to England (or wherever, depending when the park takes place) but was washed away at sea, disappearing without a trace. It could be implied that the explorers ended up discovering tons of lost worlds on their travels to get back home. It’d be a good “first act” entryway, plus Disney really has never done the arctic aesthetic besides Club Cool
We're going ahead with Lost Worlds? Alright.

Personally, for the entry land, I suggest a combination of the first and third pitches. Imagine a frozen landscape with an explorer's settlement there. We start with this frigid and constrained environment, before opening up into the fantastic lost worlds that would be the other lands.

AceAstro

It can be an Arctic Base! It’s home to many scientists and explorers in Antarctica to find all the different lost worlds. The main shop (or dining) can have different rooms with large maps and everything giving guests hints of what’s coming ahead

PerGron

We're going ahead with Lost Worlds? Alright.

Personally, for the entry land, I suggest a combination of the first and third pitches. Imagine a frozen landscape with an explorer's settlement there. We start with this frigid and constrained environment, before opening up into the fantastic lost worlds that would be the other lands.
It can be an Arctic Base! It’s home to many scientists and explorers in Antarctica to find all the different lost worlds. The main shop (or dining) can have different rooms with large maps and everything giving guests hints of what’s coming ahead
How did I not piece this together myself 😂😂

Mickeynerd17

sigh, I just kissed HoH goodbye.

I'm a fat idiot. I should have controlled my temper better. I didn't even have a solid argument anyway I was just being a frickin child.

My attempt at being a Space in regards to directing group thinking was a hot failure, and my posts now are a drag to everyone.

I just need to shut up for like 6 hours. I've got an event to run, but I'm cool with lost worlds.

I had the mentality that my opinion was being shut down by a senior member of the group and everyone was blindly following along, which was ticking me off, but I was wrong.

Sorry for the crap, I'll be back in like 6 hours after calming down.

Outbound

For the Arctic Base, what if we had a "Pirates" like water ride within the Arctic? I think that'd be a cool aesthetic and could give a family-friendly "e-ticket" for the land (of course, we should keep it mostly shops and dining, but I think with only four lands some attractions are bound to pop up in the entrance).

GettyImages_498047592.0.jpg

PerGron

For the Arctic Base, what if we had a "Pirates" like water ride within the Arctic? I think that'd be a cool aesthetic and could give a family-friendly "e-ticket" for the land (of course, we should keep it mostly shops and dining, but I think with only four lands some attractions are bound to pop up in the entrance).

I love it!

Another pitch I have is a walkthrough attraction themed to different Arctic Expeditions. There have been tons of historical expeditions to the arctic and it may be neat to have a sort of museum dedicated to them.

We could also create fictional characters and their exploits if we don’t want to go with the real people

Outbound

I love it!

Another pitch I have is a walkthrough attraction themed to different Arctic Expeditions. There have been tons of historical expeditions to the arctic and it may be neat to have a sort of museum dedicated to them.

We could also create fictional characters and their exploits if we don’t want to go with the real people
I'm down for fictional characters, but I'd be very careful to avoid SEA given the park's similarities. But a museum dedicated to the prior arctic expeditions is an excellent way to combine education with entertainment!

Overall, while I was less excited by the "lost worlds" initially, the Arctic is a unique world to explore, and I think if we can keep this up with more outside-the-box lost words we will have a super original, but also realistic, second gate!

DashHaber

That would be a fun idea. Maybe something easygoing and atmospheric, as we sail among the icy islands and witness the life among the frozen landscape.

spacemt354

Chili's
sigh, I just kissed HoH goodbye.

I'm a fat idiot. I should have controlled my temper better. I didn't even have a solid argument anyway I was just being a frickin child.

My attempt at being a Space in regards to directing group thinking was a hot failure, and my posts now are a drag to everyone.

I just need to shut up for like 6 hours. I've got an event to run, but I'm cool with lost worlds.

I had the mentality that my opinion was being shut down by a senior member of the group and everyone was blindly following along, which was ticking me off, but I was wrong.

Sorry for the crap, I'll be back in like 6 hours after calming down.
It's all good, Mickey - take some time and come back strong!

Based on the direction of the project there will definitely be something in it that you can excel at!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom