1986 - The House of the Future: Week 9

PerGron

Awesome, so let's break it down then. Here's a basic list of things we'll need, including what has been brainstormed already. We can easily add anything else we decide we need too afterwards. We should also discuss a weenie for the park.

Arctic Ride (Either Dark Ride or Raft Ride) @Outbound
Arctic Exploration Walkthrough
Arctic Exploration Table Service Restaurant
(Maps and globes everywhere, food from around the world) @DashHaber
Roaming Animatronic/Puppet Arctic Animals
Shops
Counter Service Dining
Park Weenie
Backstory/Land Description

Art
Anything else?

Last edited:

Outbound

Awesome, so let's break it down then. Here's a basic list of things we'll need, including what has been brainstormed already. We can easily add anything else we decide we need too afterwards. We should also discuss a weenie for the park.

Arctic Ride (Either Dark Ride or Raft Ride)
(Maps and globes everywhere, food from around the world)
Shops
Counter Service Dining
Park Weenie
Other Attractions?
I will do the Arctic Ride. Fun fact. I have not written a ride for the HoH all season.

NigelChanning

Shops
Counter Service Dining
Park Weenie
Other Attractions?
Maybe the weenie can be some sort of large glacier? An iceberg in the shape of something?

DashHaber

Shops
Counter Service Dining
Park Weenie
Backstory/Land Description
Other Attractions?
I'll take the Arctic Exploration Table Service Restaurant.

As for a park weenie, I'd say some sort of lighthouse emerging from the ice, but that might be a bit too similar to our Disneyland. Perhaps we could have some towering statue of a mythic figure in the ice, its hand pointed as if showing the way to adventure?

PerGron

Maybe the weenie can be some sort of large glacier? An iceberg in the shape of something?
I think an iceberg may be tough because depending on our other lands, it may not flow as well, especially in like Shangri-La or Troy, or wherever else we end up.
I'll take the Arctic Exploration Table Service Restaurant.

As for a park weenie, I'd say some sort of lighthouse emerging from the ice, but that might be a bit too similar to our Disneyland. Perhaps we could have some towering statue of a mythic figure in the ice, its hand pointed as if showing the way to adventure?
I like the statue, but I'd be gentle on the ice motif as I mentioned to Nigel.

I'd say let's do a large mountain with multiple themes around it, but Doug already did that for DisneySky, so it's not the most original thing ever.

NigelChanning

In terms of entertainment, I’ve cooked up something special:
98A86BAC-EE64-4376-A272-69D06449162C.jpeg

DashHaber

I think an iceberg may be tough because depending on our other lands, it may not flow as well, especially in like Shangri-La or Troy, or wherever else we end up.

I like the statue, but I'd be gentle on the ice motif as I mentioned to Nigel.

I'd say let's do a large mountain with multiple themes around it, but Doug already did that for DisneySky, so it's not the most original thing ever.
Good call. The statue could be standing on a thawed out portion of the land, so it wouldn't really clash as much when seen from the other lands.

AceAstro

For the Weenie, what if it’s a giant Ice Breaker ship to one side? By having it be an Ice Breaker ship it allows a transition from the Arctic to the lake in the Center (have proven ice chunks as the transition) and the other side of the ship could be the entrance to the future Atlantis/ Undersea area (can be themed as a ship wreck from that side)

PerGron

For the Weenie, what if it’s a giant Ice Breaker ship to one side? By having it be an Ice Breaker ship it allows a transition from the Arctic to the lake in the Center (have proven ice chunks as the transition) and the other side of the ship could be the entrance to the future Atlantis/ Undersea area (can be themed as a ship wreck from that side)
I was actually thinking of making an ice breaker ship as the museum walkthrough, but if this is the weenie we choose, I could get behind that too

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom