1986 - The House of the Future: Week 9

DashHaber

I'm not sure how we'd do it (maybe CircleVision?), but a show where we could recreate Aurora Borealis, but also do it in a way that tells a story would be really neat!
Perhaps the walkthrough could be structured around that. Taking guests through reports of explorers braving the harsh wilderness, walking through tunnels that evoke icy caverns, until they reach a final room with the Aurora Borealis playing out on screens all around to represent that sense of discovery.

Mickeynerd17

Ok, I'm feeling much better now!

Arctic base is epic!! Definitely something not done before! I'm down.

As far as a weenie, I heard iceberg and ship. What about combining the two? Have a ship hanging precariously off a glacier cliff with water flowing down in a waterfall?

I'll try to make something to show what I mean.

AceAstro

Ok, I'm feeling much better now!

Arctic base is epic!! Definitely something not done before! I'm down.

As far as a weenie, I heard iceberg and ship. What about combining the two? Have a ship hanging precariously off a glacier cliff with water flowing down in a waterfall?

I'll try to make something to show what I mean.
That feels a bit Typhoon Lagoon-like

E5D9AAAA-E9BA-447D-92AE-37F17CC2C506.jpeg

But I think it we can pull it off with a ship and glacier it could look realllly cool!!

PerGron

So for our land name, I was thinking something including the Northwest Passage. It’s a sea route that is incredibly dangerous and wasn’t truly sailed until 2009, otherwise it’s just small chunks of water between massive ice sheets.

I’d consider this the closest thing to a real-life lost world as we could get. It’s a mythological passage that is impenetrable by even the best ice breaker and has caused many sailors and explorers to meet their maker

NigelChanning

So for our land name, I was thinking something including the Northwest Passage. It’s a sea route that is incredibly dangerous and wasn’t truly sailed until 2009, otherwise it’s just small chunks of water between massive ice sheets.

I’d consider this the closest thing to a real-life lost world as we could get. It’s a mythological passage that is impenetrable by even the best ice breaker and has caused many sailors and explorers to meet their maker
I like it! How are we going to go about the shops of the land? Are we thinking something along the lines of tents?

PerGron

A few shop ideas:

- Our “Emporium” style shop they have at every park. We could set ours in a glacial wall and have it themed to the main research base. Would sell park and general Disney souvenirs.

- An arctic themed sweet shop. Could lean into puns here and sell frozen drinks and whatnot.

- Maybe a toy store that sells plush animals and toys of arctic wildlife as well as science test kits and whatnot.

- Take the ice breaker ship that hosts the museum and include a gift shop there as well.

Other general land ideas

- What if our weenie was something a little more mysterious and ominous. We could have an Obelisk in the middle of the lagoon with paths to it. Around it could be skeletons of different era ships and we could set up the paths to and from it to form a triangle to resemble the Bermuda Triangle. I think this would be the best for all the lands to tie together, plus obelisks are mysterious.

- Have the Sensational 6 meet here in arctic attire (it’s not letting me upload pictures, but just look up arctic scientist and you’ll get the gist.

- This may be a stretch, but I’d love to design a small arctic research center with live animals. I’d only do 4 species to keep it smaller, but they’d need bigger space. I think it’d fit and be a big draw though. I’d do beluga, polar bear, walrus, and Atlantic puffin.

- This would be more of an overall park thing, but what if we had a boat transport to Adventure Atoll? It’d tie in the ultimate lost world while also providing park to park transport ala monorail and hogwarts express.

So that’s my morning brain dump. What do y’all think of these ideas?

NigelChanning

A few shop ideas:

- Our “Emporium” style shop they have at every park. We could set ours in a glacial wall and have it themed to the main research base. Would sell park and general Disney souvenirs.

- An arctic themed sweet shop. Could lean into puns here and sell frozen drinks and whatnot.

- Maybe a toy store that sells plush animals and toys of arctic wildlife as well as science test kits and whatnot.

- Take the ice breaker ship that hosts the museum and include a gift shop there as well.

Other general land ideas

- What if our weenie was something a little more mysterious and ominous. We could have an Obelisk in the middle of the lagoon with paths to it. Around it could be skeletons of different era ships and we could set up the paths to and from it to form a triangle to resemble the Bermuda Triangle. I think this would be the best for all the lands to tie together, plus obelisks are mysterious.

- Have the Sensational 6 meet here in arctic attire (it’s not letting me upload pictures, but just look up arctic scientist and you’ll get the gist.

- This may be a stretch, but I’d love to design a small arctic research center with live animals. I’d only do 4 species to keep it smaller, but they’d need bigger space. I think it’d fit and be a big draw though. I’d do beluga, polar bear, walrus, and Atlantic puffin.

- This would be more of an overall park thing, but what if we had a boat transport to Adventure Atoll? It’d tie in the ultimate lost world while also providing park to park transport ala monorail and hogwarts express.

What if this land was like the cancelled “Glacier Bay” at Hong Kong? Like the observatory and research labs built out of scrap metal and such?

DashHaber

A few shop ideas:

Other general land ideas

An "Emporium"-style place themed around the main research base would be a good idea.

Having our park weenie by an obelisk would be a really neat and distinctive choice to go with. Maybe it could be engraved with different ancient languages, as if it were some uniting marker for all of these different lost worlds.

PerGron

An "Emporium"-style place themed around the main research base would be a good idea.

Having our park weenie by an obelisk would be a really neat and distinctive choice to go with. Maybe it could be engraved with different ancient languages, as if it were some uniting marker for all of these different lost worlds.
I was also thinking it could serve as a drop tower ride giving good views of the park, and thrills

PerGron

Alright, so here’s the lineup we’ve discussed

- Arctic Water Ride- @Outbound @Mickeynerd17
- Arctic Exploration Walkthrough- @PerGron @DashHaber
- Animal Exhibits- @PerGron
- Arctic Animal Puppets/Roaming Animatronics @NigelChanning09
-
Meet and Greet/Other Entertainment @NigelChanning09
- Weenie (Obelisk? Drop Tower?) @Mickeynerd17
- Table Service Restaurant- @DashHaber
-
Counter Service Dining
- Shops @PerGron
- Backstory/Land Description @AceAstro @Mickeynerd17

What would y’all like to sign up for
@NigelChanning09
@Mickeynerd17
@AceAstro

Last edited:

AceAstro

Mickeynerd17

- Arctic Water Ride- @Outbound
- Arctic Exploration Walkthrough- @PerGron
- Arctic Animal Puppets/Roaming Animatronics
- Weenie
(Obelisk? Drop Tower?)
-
Counter Service Dining
- Shops
- Backstory/Land Description

@NigelChanning09
@Mickeynerd17
@AceAstro
Ill help with the water ride and backstory/land description! Also the weenie too

NigelChanning

- Arctic Water Ride- @Outbound @Mickeynerd17
- Arctic Exploration Walkthrough- @PerGron
- Arctic Animal Puppets/Roaming Animatronics
-
Weenie (Obelisk? Drop Tower?) @Mickeynerd17
-
Counter Service Dining
- Shops
- Backstory/Land Description @AceAstro @Mickeynerd17

@NigelChanning09
@Mickeynerd17
@AceAstro
I can do the Arctic Animals and any entertainment around the area!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom