1986 - The House of the Future: Week 9

mickeyfan5534

Original Poster
Week 9
Head of Household
Blue Sky Gate

BLUE SKY DISNEYLAND 2ND GATE.jpg

You've got a castle park, a hotel, a shopping center. Now it's time to move onto a second gate! You see that map up there? That's the skeleton of your park, but everything else is up to you! You will be going land by land over the next several weeks, building a cohesive and original second gate. First thing's first: let's get your entrance land out of the way!

This project will be due on Wednesday, November 18 at 11:59:59 PM EST/8:59:59 PM PST

Whoever stands out in their contributions to this week's project will be awarded Head of Household.

Mickeynerd17

Ok guys, time to make a second gate. I have some things of note in order to funnel our thinking to a fresh idea.

First off, no castle parks, we already have that.

Second, and this makes me extremely sad, no Epcot-style park either, and as a matter of fact, we shouldn't have a park closely based off of any existing resort.

We need fresh ideas, maybe revisit some old ideas that didn't make it into the 1986 park (e.g. my proposed German Village from round 1), and some brand-new ideas to really make this a fresh park! Let those creative juices FLOW!!!!!!!!

So, what kind of ideas do we have for our beautiful entrance land?

Outbound

Because we never got to do our "Space Western" Frontierland idea...

My pitch? Make the entire park themed to a Space Western. Each land is themed to a different original planet. No IPs: a wholly original story where you can explore different alien planets in one cohesive universe. A gritty realistic take on a "Star Wars" environment without magic or end of the world plot devices. Just "simple stories" of those living in this detailed world.

1.png

2.png

3.png

Yes I am hooked on the Mandalorian

PerGron

Ok guys, time to make a second gate. I have some things of note in order to funnel our thinking to a fresh idea.

First off, no castle parks, we already have that.

Second, and this makes me extremely sad, no Epcot-style park either, and as a matter of fact, we shouldn't have a park closely based off of any existing resort.

We need fresh ideas, maybe revisit some old ideas that didn't make it into the 1986 park (e.g. my proposed German Village from round 1), and some brand-new ideas to really make this a fresh park! Let those creative juices FLOW!!!!!!!!

So, what kind of ideas do we have for our beautiful entrance land?
Alright, so you know what the best 2nd (or more) gates are? They’re the ones that don’t rely on classic Disney tropes. Your DisneySeas, your Animal Kingdoms and 80s Epcot’s.

We need an original concept that is timeless and doesn’t rely on those classic tropes

DashHaber

Alright, so you know what the best 2nd (or more) gates are? They’re the ones that don’t rely on classic Disney tropes. Your DisneySeas, your Animal Kingdoms and 80s Epcot’s.

We need an original concept that is timeless and doesn’t rely on those classic tropes
What about imagination? A park devoted to the ways that people express their imagination, such as art and music. There would be fun and thrilling attractions, but also perhaps we could help to impart how people can express themselves and help light that spark of imagination for them.

Mickeynerd17

100% agree on this.

Because we never got to do our "Space Western" Frontierland idea...

My pitch? Make the entire park themed to a Space Western. Each land is themed to a different original planet. No IPs: a wholly original story where you can explore different alien planets in one cohesive universe. A gritty realistic take on a "Star Wars" environment without magic or end of the world plot devices. Just "simple stories" of those living in this detailed world.

View attachment 512766
View attachment 512767
View attachment 512768
Yes I am hooked on the Mandalorian
This could totally be an epic "tomorrowland" sort of area, but it can't be like tomorrowland. It has to have its own element to it.

I still think my German Village with a Silly Symphony 3 little pigs dark ride would be a sweet area for the park, but we really need to nail an overarching theme/concept to really make this a successful park.

Any ideas?

Mickeynerd17

What about imagination? A park devoted to the ways that people express their imagination, such as art and music. There would be fun and thrilling attractions, but also perhaps we could help to impart how people can express themselves and help light that spark of imagination for them.
That would be awesome, but we would have to take really good care to not go Epcot with it.

Great idea!

PerGron

I actually kind of dig this, but we’d have to beware of making the lands too segmented like a castle park. It all has to flow as part of one universe, not a hub with different, separate but equal lands

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom