1986: An Imagineering Competition - Hub Thread

mickeyfan5534

Original Poster
Next week's schedule will be a two-part bonanza
The final two lands of the park will be done in one week with 4 days for each land.
The two competitors who have the best material contribution to each land will then go head to head in an E-ticket showdown to decide who will join them in the top 2.
The final two will have a final week to put "finishing touches" on the entire resort with an open brainstorming thread for people to watch.
A final jury podcast will occur for them to question the final two.
Once the park is posted, the jury will vote and we will crown a winner!

Outbound

1607268926929.png

oD1a9wkh7huc8AURcfbjWvCtfncEEMbycg8k3-1CrzPfPzMJ3ny16Zlw3f6ROCIcog1i1mfObYDQC83TU1QPU4XV8TjPy8iNO6byOJCiylBssiJDjMhrZA6fRFzluPYtVwDTl6fy

This Halloween, Dr. Everett Erie has provided everyone his chest of treats and sweets. The catch? It's locked, and to find the correct combination you'll have to venture through three daring mazes, each designed to confront your fears and prove yourself as a true adventurer. Do you have what it takes? Find below:

Dr. Erie's Journal

AceAstro

Disney's Renaissance Faire Scare

RenScare.png

From 1989-1999, Disney animated movies were in the “Renaissance Era”. This era was the re-birth of Disney's animated success that did very well in the box offices. In many of these movies, however, there was a scene that was a lot scarier than the rest of the movie. And three of those scenes have been turned into walkthrough’s to bring Disney their first Renaissance Faire Scare.

Elephant Graveyard
(Reading music)

West Wing
(Reading music)

Hellfire
(Reading music)

spacemt354

Chili's
Project Veto Reviews - Week 11

Dash - Jack Skellington’s Nights of Frights

I don't think I've mentioned this in the past, but props for you getting this in early consistently. I feel like I've overlooked that so I just wanted to give you the credit you deserve for that. Everyone has put in a lot of work for this competition and you being one of the most dedicated imagineers and consistently being on top of the ball when it comes to these veto projects; I just wanted to acknowledge that.

Getting into the project itself, when I first read Jack Skellington I was concerned this may simply be a repeat of past uses of this IP within the park and the game. But I think you were able to use the NBC IP in unique and nuanced ways throughout both parks to differentiate it enough from the past few uses of the IP. I still would have probably preferred something else, given its use before, but nevertheless I gave praise to its use in past veto projects so I'll stay consistent here with this.

And I'll also say (and this goes for all mazes) I'm not looking for anything in particular - just going off of the creativity.

Given the layout of the park, Making Christmas was placed in the natural location I'd expect, but I love the detail you put behind this...it really gives enough so that I can picture myself walking through it. Visions of War was very intriguing as well...perhaps pushing the boundary of fright but overall building a neat story to explore. And with the House of the Future that is a very interesting maze, with the AI interface and 50s backdrop it reminds me of something out of the Twilight Zone...that maze I would definitely like to see.

Creativity: 9/10
Realism: 9/10
Detail: 5/5
----------------------
Total: 23/25

Outbound - Everett Erie's Magical Map Quest

Off the bat I love how this ties in one of my favorite original backstories in a competition - Everett Erie I think will go down as one of the most unique characters ever designed, so I'm glad to see him as the backdrop for the maze. Also props for the presentation - that is very cool with the codes and whatnot. In regards to the mazes themselves - I like how they're all in the different lands and spread out nicely. Also major props for the maze maps!

Each of the mazes has a story that flows very well together. In terms of scary situations I can see these being a mild bunch, which to me isn't a bad thing, means more family oriented. The narration is also well done. In terms of detail I guess there could be a bit more here and there, but I got the overall gist of the project. In the end, a really colorful and organic submission!

Creativity: 10/10
Realism: 9/10
Detail: 4/5
---------------------

AceAstro - Elephant Graveyard, West Wing, Palace of Justice

Another different approach - this one going more fantasy! Whenever I think of a Disney Maze for Halloween especially my mind goes to the Elephant Graveyard. So in that respect, you read my mind. In the other respect, much like NBC I feel like that's the go-to in imagineering for Halloween. Nevertheless I think you described it well and it could be something that adds a bit of fright but is overall family friendly in themed to The Lion King.

West Wing could be a little spooky! This was something I wasn't expecting and definitely would be cool to see. And finally the Palace of Justice - I'm not sure on the location in Harbortown but I can definitely get behind a Hunchback Maze! I like how it incorporates the Indy system as well into its design.

Creativity: 9/10
Realism: 10/10
Detail: 4/5
-------------------

PerGron - So this is a Thing

Welp, that description is accurate...these mazes would probably be the main attractions in the underworld

I think what got me was the deep fried Buck Cluck - are there really any words necessary to describe that?

Creativity: 10/10
Realism: 5/10
Detail: 3/5
--------------------
Total: 18/25

Chaos Cat

Guest appearances include an angry mob of eliminated players attempting to murder PerGron, mainly led by b-wolf and mickeynerd.​
Hey now. we agreed to lay off the murdering you bit a while ago and we've haven't made any murder plans since then, so I'd say you should have more faith in Wait a minute.

PerGron made a joke entry. On the last PoV round.

I MIGHT BE ABLE TO MAKE MY KILLING PERGRON POST AFTER ALL!

...Wait, I've dropped the robot character already, so I can't use my intended joke for that. Give me a minute to figure out a replacement post.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom