1970's Walt Disney World photos.

HatboxGhost

Haunted Mansion 1977

197710DWHauntedHouse.jpg
AWESOME!!!!

foreverbelle

These are all fabulous. I just spent my morning looking through them. I wasn't around in the 70s, but clearly I must have missed some fabulous fashion statements, less crowded parks and some amazing attractions

DfromATX

i wish i'd have been alive in the 70's. the clothes are awesome!

I don't know about awesome clothes, but the times were great. I am a 70's/80's kid. Wouldn't change it for the world. The only thing cooler would to have been a 60's kid. I have two words for you: no technology - and we didn't know any better so we didn't care. :)

DfromATX

December 1972

Found our box of slides from our December ‘72 trip. Most of the slides are poor quality, very dark once scanned. These were a couple that turned out ok. Certainly nothing as good as the quality of some of the others on this thread.

6045481293_c5814c91e2_b.jpg

I am rockin’ those red knee highs and shoes!

Mom was classic for cutting our heads off in photos!

Awww, you look so cute and stylish!

Minnie1976

I miss the skyway.
I do too. I really enjoyed the skyway. I miss being able to walk up to the castle make reservations for lunch the same day. Too much planning has to go into Disney these days. Started going at a young 26 and still going at an old 62. HA! HA! Maybe that is why so many scooter people. The young people of the 70's are now the old people in 2013 and we still love Disney.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I love the picture above of Chip... I had forgotten how much they've actually improved the character costumes over time. That "hood" at the back looks like a cape... it looks horrible! LOL
Disturbingly enough, Baloo still has one, as does Louie. There may be others I'm not remembering.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom