1902 Carthay Circle

Disney Dad 3000

Had some thoughts on this:

I really like all of the diverse feedback and ideas presented so far. While originally this was supposed to be an evolution of 'Club 32' which was last year's open brainstorming team that went into immense detail with one park, for around 2-3 months....I think 1902 can be something even more than that.

Despite it not getting that way organically, I think with school coming up and people getting busy as mentioned before, that this project could fall by the wayside - and I wouldn't want to see that happen with all the effort already put into this Lost Worlds concept. So today - I'm going to grab a cup of coffee, sit down, and go through all of the ideas - and essentially create a 'summary' thread for the park as a whole.

This summary will store all the ideas/concepts in order, with credits, so that if ever in the future everyone wanted to come back to the project and provide more detail - they could do so. This will then allow everyone in 1902, the flexibility to expand to other (possibly less time consuming?) prompts and brainstorming activities for the fall!

Maybe one attraction or one park, maybe something more simple like a Walt Disney World or Disneyland topic that people are familiar with...to keep the ideas and creative juices flowing here.

It will also be more inviting to new members as the turnover rate of ideas will be more frequent and easier to jump into a discussion without having to have all the background material for what is being discussed.

So hang tight - the summary will come soon!

Thanks for doing that space. Sorry haven't contributed much more than here and there. Just been a nutso 4-6 weeks for me and just now climbing out of it.

If there's a number of folks who want to soldier on with this, maybe on a smaller scale, I'm game to help. Maybe pick one of the areas or even attraction that seems to have really good traction no matter how the park fleshes out at the end and everyone work on it one small project at a time, similar to the team comps. Just no time constraint. :)

Or as you said, someone pitch a Ride idea they'd like to try in or out of this park, and the whole board joins in to imagineer the heck out of it with so many people on one thing.

spacemt354

Chili's
Thanks for doing that space. Sorry haven't contributed much more than here and there. Just been a nutso 4-6 weeks for me and just now climbing out of it.

If there's a number of folks who want to soldier on with this, maybe on a smaller scale, I'm game to help. Maybe pick one of the areas or even attraction that seems to have really good traction no matter how the park fleshes out at the end and everyone work on it one small project at a time, similar to the team comps. Just no time constraint. :)

Or as you said, someone pitch a Ride idea they'd like to try in or out of this park, and the whole board joins in to imagineer the heck out of it with so many people on one thing.
Yea no problem - it's the least I can do! I think that'll be better for everyone. There were some unexpected roadblocks for a few folks who were originally going to take the reigns, and I think given the time with others going back to school and stuff, it's better to complete something than just leave it dangling.

I still think Lost Worlds is a really great concept -- and maybe in the future or just slowly over time it gets fleshed out more. Or if folks just want to design their own attractions for it or work in a team on them it offers up that possibility without having to worry too much about meeting a deadline.

Phase 1 I guess I'll call it (the initial concept phase) is complete - now Phase 2 is specifics and acts more as a bonus!

Outbound

I believe Wakanda would do very well in the park as a representation of African culture, and it’d be a nice break from the typical “ancient city”. The land does not have to be focused on Black Panther. Here's my pitch:

--WAKANDA--
Wakanda is surrounded by a dense forest. The path suddenly stumbles upon a wide clearing, where the Border Village rests.
1534972316373.png
The Border Village is the main aspect of the land. While the capital city is cool, it might not fit with the runic other cities. There is still an element of sci-fi here, but the technology is well hidden and would pass as an epcot pavilion. Also, the Border Village ties well into African culture.

The Border Village is inspired by Lesotho Villages, so it would smart to follow this inspiration here. There’s all sorts of little shops and stores in each hut, many of which don’t even appear on the park map. African cultural dances are common. You’ll never know what you’ll find here!
1534972322306.png

The premier attraction at the Border Village is the Hadithi Theater, an amphitheater that shows classic African legends. This concept was originally suggested by @PerGronStudio. Three mini-stories are shown per show, and the theater plays four times a day for a total of twelve rehearsed myths. 11 of these are real life myths, the other is the Legend of the First Black Panther.

Another attraction at the Border Village is the Wakandan Outreach Center, a walkthrough exhibit focused on eliminating the poverty found throughout Africa, featuring donations going directly to charity. Next to the Outreach Center is a Rhino Exhibit!
1534972332224.png

We’ll probably need better fencing…

Around the Border Village are forests and mountains, where the “real rides” are. Overlooking the village is a giant vibranium panther statue, greeting all into T’Challa’s realm. A hiking trail lets you hike up to the top of the hill and stand right below the statue.
1534972338532.png

To the far left of the village, there’s the Wakandan River Rapids, an E-Ticket taking you on a tour through the jungle wildlife. Things are interrupted by Ulysses Klaw, who is planning a second robbery of the Vibranium Mines. With the river cut off, the raft helplessly drifts away into the deepest sections of the mine. You are saved just in time from a 500 ft drop by the Black Panther himself.

Next to the river rapids is Royal Talon Flyers, a simulator attraction that sees you remotely piloting a Wakandan aircraft in the heat of battle, just like the movie. Each plane seats two people, with your goal to get as many “points” (shoot down targets) as possible.
1534972251473.png

Exiting the Talon Flyers queue, guests stumble upon Shuri’s Lab, Hong Kong Disneyland’s answer to Innovations.

To the far right of the Border Village entrance the clearing continues, separated only by the occasional hill. This open space is for the Killmonger Kilimanjaro Safaris, a near exact replica of the Animal Kingdom attraction celebrating the diverse wildlife of Africa.
1534972263807.png

Here is a very, very bad map by me. While it certainly doesn’t look good, it does give an overall layout of my pitch. The safari should probably be a bit larger.
1534972271996.png

NateD1226

Next to the river rapids is Royal Talon Flyers, a simulator attraction that sees you remotely piloting a Wakandan aircraft in the heat of battle, just like the movie. Each plane seats two people, with your goal to get as many “points” (shoot down targets) as possible.
1534972251473-png.305487

Exiting the Talon Flyers queue, guests stumble upon Shuri’s Lab, Hong Kong Disneyland’s answer to Innovations.
This sounds like an amazing idea for Wakanda! My only note is that instead of just the plane simulator, how about guests choose either the car scene or the plane scene just to give more experiences to the land.
AR-180129940.jpg

MickeyMousketeer

I believe Wakanda would do very well in the park as a representation of African culture, and it’d be a nice break from the typical “ancient city”. The land does not have to be focused on Black Panther. Here's my pitch:

--WAKANDA--
Wakanda is surrounded by a dense forest. The path suddenly stumbles upon a wide clearing, where the Border Village rests.
View attachment 305490
The Border Village is the main aspect of the land. While the capital city is cool, it might not fit with the runic other cities. There is still an element of sci-fi here, but the technology is well hidden and would pass as an epcot pavilion. Also, the Border Village ties well into African culture.

The Border Village is inspired by Lesotho Villages, so it would smart to follow this inspiration here. There’s all sorts of little shops and stores in each hut, many of which don’t even appear on the park map. African cultural dances are common. You’ll never know what you’ll find here!
View attachment 305491
The premier attraction at the Border Village is the Hadithi Theater, an amphitheater that shows classic African legends. This concept was originally suggested by @PerGronStudio. Three mini-stories are shown per show, and the theater plays four times a day for a total of twelve rehearsed myths. 11 of these are real life myths, the other is the Legend of the First Black Panther.

Another attraction at the Border Village is the Wakandan Outreach Center, a walkthrough exhibit focused on eliminating the poverty found throughout Africa, featuring donations going directly to charity. Next to the Outreach Center is a Rhino Exhibit!
View attachment 305492

Around the Border Village are forests and mountains, where the “real rides” are. Overlooking the village is a giant vibranium panther statue, greeting all into T’Challa’s realm. A hiking trail lets you hike up to the top of the hill and stand right below the statue.
View attachment 305493
To the far left of the village, there’s the Wakandan River Rapids, an E-Ticket taking you on a tour through the jungle wildlife. Things are interrupted by Ulysses Klaw, who is planning a second robbery of the Vibranium Mines. With the river cut off, the raft helplessly drifts away into the deepest sections of the mine. You are saved just in time from a 500 ft drop by the Black Panther himself.

View attachment 305487

To the far right of the Border Village entrance the clearing continues, separated only by the occasional hill. This open space is for the Killmonger Kilimanjaro Safaris, a near exact replica of the Animal Kingdom attraction celebrating the diverse wildlife of Africa.
View attachment 305488
Here is a very, very bad map by me. While it certainly doesn’t look good, it does give an overall layout of my pitch. The safari should probably be a bit larger.
View attachment 305489
This was exactly what I was thinking!! Bringing more culture into it than the IP itself. Fantastic job!

spacemt354

Chili's

--WAKANDA--
View attachment 305490

View attachment 305491

View attachment 305492

View attachment 305493

View attachment 305487

View attachment 305488
View attachment 305489
Very nice pitch!

WowFactor

--WAKANDA--
View attachment 305490

View attachment 305491

View attachment 305492

View attachment 305493

View attachment 305487

View attachment 305488
View attachment 305489
fngrgnz.gif

Yes, you da man!

spacemt354

Chili's
NEW BRAINSTORMING CHALLENGE!
dlforward3-800x400.png

With the recent triumphant return of @DisneyFan18 - we're going to resurrect one of his old threads - 1902 Carthay Circle, a group brainstorming effort tackling projects across the globe.

With the recent announcements of Disneyland Forward, the vague but extremely interesting topic leaves a lot to be discussed, and the armchair imagineers here, working together, might have the solution!

Let's see what our best ideas are for this design, what it could be, or even, if it should be!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom