News .

Legacy

The SeaCabs deserve a reward for the longest rennovation in the world...

No offense but I think your chain is getting yanked. Your friend may be right 97% of the time but there is still that 3%.

TURKEY

I hate to break it to you, but for just a rehab, it would have been completed long ago.

There is no way that a rehab of the ride part should take this long (adding a different ride shouldn't take this long either).

RobFL

Account Suspended
The SeaCabs do not operate because they were poorly designed.

The vehicles do not have doors, and thus for safety, they rely on a mat-intrusion system. This system can be set off by someone simply dangling their foot out of the vehicle, and so the ride was constantly comming to an abrubt hault.

The constant stopping was hell on CM's working the attraction, attempting to walk the moving platform. Also, the speils given during load and unload were not automated and required a CM walking on the platform to talk into a stationary micrphone while still keeping up with the platform and getting guests into their vehicles.

So, from a CM perspective, when this ride closed, it was "Good riddence" from the Seas crew.

Maybe they're considering a re-design or something, but I doubt it will open before SPACE.

-Rob

Fido

It would be nice if it made a comeback (I enjoyed riding through the water tunnel), but I'm not holding my breath. :)

wed050499

I would like to see it come back, but as has been stated by some of my fellow members, it would only probably come back if it were completely renovated. (at least the cars that is) They could easily do what they've done for so many other attractions and just use the same track and just change certain elements of the ride. Well, we'll see what happens.

Brian

MicBat

Originally posted by Fido
It would be nice if it made a comeback (I enjoyed riding through the water tunnel), but I'm not holding my breath. :)

LOL.. that's sort of a pun... okay im a dork!! :lol:

Testtrack321

I get it too and was wondering if anyone else did to!:lol:

As for the Cabs, unless they have decided to close the ride, for budget, and instead of reopening them now, re-do the trains for a while more. It would cost cheeper and still would solve the CM problems.

The riding in the cabs through the water tunnel was very cool and I enjoyed it very much except that there was one problem...it was very short. As soon as you sat down and got situated you had to collect all of your belongings and get off (not to mention all of the CM problems listed earlier). I was told by a CM that they were considering making this a walk through? Any truth or thoughts on this? I think that this would be neat as well because you would have a lot more time to look around at all of the sea life (although I'm wondering if this would cause a congestion through this area, if it were feasible). Maybe they could put in an airport moving flat platform (sorry I forget the name) where you stand on it and it moves you with side railings. If this ever broke down it wouldn't be a problem because they could simply completely turn off the moving belt and everyone could walk through on their own.

Fido

I wouldn't have a problem with that portion being walk-through. It would still be neat, and better than the nothing currently provided. Now if they would only get off their kiesters and do something with that section of the attraction!:lol:

bearboysnc

Originally posted by RobFL
The vehicles do not have doors, and thus for safety, they rely on a mat-intrusion system. This system can be set off by someone simply dangling their foot out of the vehicle, and so the ride was constantly comming to an abrubt hault. -Rob
Yeah, hope nobody got whiplash from the abrupt stop.

Fido

Originally posted by RobFL

Nah, just the CM's and the Guests on the belt falling flat on their faces.

-Rob

And they say Disney doesn't provide good solid entertainment anymore! J/K :lol:

MicBat

Originally posted by thedisneyfan
Maybe they could put in an airport moving flat platform (sorry I forget the name) where you stand on it and it moves you with side railings. If this ever broke down it wouldn't be a problem because they could simply completely turn off the moving belt and everyone could walk through on their own.

Like they have in the shark (etc) tank at Sea World! Great idea!

Scooter

The Sea Cabs weren't built just for a ride.

Disney had a method to their madness.

The Sea Cabs helped to evenly distribute the park Guests to the Sea Base Alpha elevators so 500 people didn't converge on the elevators all at once. Right now you have 2 options, you can either watch the movie or go straight to Sea Base Alpha. The 2 options help Castmembers a little by keeping the guests in 2 groups thus helping to minimize the Stampede.

If the Sea Cabs come back, and I hope they do because it gave me a nice little sit-down and cool air blast, then we will probably go back to having to watch the Movie again...and it rained and it rained and it rained...the deluge.
:hammer:

kaos

I think that the seacabs should be turned into a peoplemover system and you can stay on as long as you'd like... with a walkthrough for those that don't want to kepp riding around looking at fishies...

here fishy fishy fishy... that's a good fishy - Homer Simpson

JLW11Hi

Originally posted by isnet396
Remember, Seas doesn't have a sponsor. Maybe disney actually had to EARN the money to fix this one....?

Ian

that's a good point. The Epcot pavillions rely on sponsors to make rides and keep them going.

Figment1986

I remember it did have one, long ago. What ever happened to that corperation that sponcered it. I think it was

United Tecnologies??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom