News .

Fido

Originally posted by Disney4648
When I went to EPCOT back in May, I went to The Living Seas for the frist time. It was neat and we took a ride in those water elevators, I know there is a special name for them, but anyways, there was no ride part of the Living Seas, what are seascabs and can someone please explain to me what the ride is like?

After exiting the elevator (hydrolater?), you board a slow ride (on a moving platform) that takes you through an underwater tunnel to Seabase Alpha. Didn't take too long, but I thought it was a cool touch.

RM 34478

Sea Cabs were not there when TLS opened?

I seem to remember that when Living Seas first opened the sea cabs were not part of the attraction. You went from the Hydrolators and walked through the tunnel at your own pace. Does anyone else remember this? I could swear it was that way. However that is many years ago now.

RM 34478

A Thought

Is there anyway that the sea cabs were from World of Motion. If I remenber correctly they are similiar in color shape and size. I could be totaly wrong but, anyone know???

BradleyJ

Re: A Thought

Originally posted by RM 34478
Is there anyway that the sea cabs were from World of Motion. If I remenber correctly they are similiar in color shape and size. I could be totaly wrong but, anyone know???

Nope they were different.

Much Smaller, went a lot slower, and didn't have any doors or anything.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Re: yes they do

Originally posted by Grimone24
They do have a sponsor look at the main sign!

Man,

I am really sick of you being so rude on these forums! Knock it off...and act like a decent person!:mad:

No, there is no sponsor... United Technologies pulled out over a year ago....since then....it has ran sponsorless :)

FLcastmember

recently inside the seacab ride area

As a WDW cast member, i was at the LS recently (early november) and i went around the temp. wall they put up, and into the old load area. I then walked the entire track all the way to the unload area, and then back. It was apparent to me that there has been no attempt to rehab this ride in any way. Everything is still intact. It was obvoius that the walls were simply put up, then the ride was forgotten about. I did notice that th view of tanks is great...it seem easy to remove the ride and open it up as a hallway. Also a sidenote, theater #2 (the one on the left of the preshow area) the one that offers a direct passage to the hydrolaters, is also still intact minus the hallway the clips through it.

Grimone24

Chill

Originally posted by donaldduck1967
I agree!!!!!! Why do gate prices go up every year and they cant keep up the maintenance themselves. It's not just the admission either. How much do they get for a bottled water now a days? Same thing with soda, food and souviners.. Everything is over priced. Put some money into keeping up these attractions

They do a fine job thank you! You try employing over 50000 CM's
You no offense problly couldent manage a single attraction so please dont bash Disney! Secondly if you think it is bad write a complaint direct to them. I then suggest going to many sixflags parks where they get 4.50 for a soda. LOL Disney aint cheap but it aint bad!

wed050499

Re: Chill

You no offense problly couldent manage a single attraction so please dont bash Disney! Secondly if you think it is bad write a complaint direct to them. I then suggest going to many sixflags parks where they get 4.50 for a soda. LOL Disney aint cheap but it aint bad!

Hey Grimone,

If i were donald, i would take offense. Please calm down a bit. You tend to bring up some good points here and there, but spoil them with inappropriate comments like the one above. The idea here is to be diplomatic and hold sensible conversations, not to rip each others heads off. I would hate to see you banned for something as petty as inappropriateness.

Thanks,
Brian

A few things Grim

1- I never bashed Disney. I was simply agreeing with what others were saying and making some points of my own.

2 - Considering how little disney pays for their soda and water they could put some back into keeping up rides.

3 - I have been to Six flags parks and the prices are close to Disney's but all their attractions are open.

4 - proofread before you post

>3 - I have been to Six flags parks and the prices are close to >Disney's but all their attractions are open.

Sorry.. Have to jump in here and defend WDW. Six flags with exception of admission has *much* higher prices than Disney parks.. This last season I have traveled to 8 six flags in the us.. Parking ranged from 6-12 dollars, Bottled Water from 2.75-3.75 and the average value meal w/o drink was 9 dollars.. Plus I don't think I visited one six flags park this year which didn't have a major ride closed for the entire day... Most had 3 or 4 smaller rides closed as well.

Originally posted by disneyfan1313

Sorry.. Have to jump in here and defend WDW. Six flags with exception of admission has *much* higher prices than Disney parks.. This last season I have traveled to 8 six flags in the us.. Parking ranged from 6-12 dollars, Bottled Water from 2.75-3.75 and the average value meal w/o drink was 9 dollars.. Plus I don't think I visited one six flags park this year which didn't have a major ride closed for the entire day... Most had 3 or 4 smaller rides closed as well. [/B]

I dont want this to turn into a big debate and get ugly because it's no big deal. And quite honestly I forgot I even posted in this thread. The prices you mentioned are not that far off from Disney's. Bottled water @ disney was 2.50 last year so i'm sure it went up some. parking was @ least 5.00 last year so i'm sure that went up. And i should have clarifed a bit more on the attraction stmt. I meant my stmt to reflect 20k lgs, closed for yrs and nothing being done with the area. Living seas sea cabs closed and the area boarded up. How much does it take to operate the sea cabs (I really have no idea so this is question)? Disney can't operate those without a sponsor. It's 1 thing to have a ride closed for the day for maintenance but to have them sit there and nothing being done with them is another. Both theme parks are awsome and hopefully they will both continue to be awsome because i enjoy both.

markc

I find it ironic that someone can have so much assurance that Disney's business model is working well and that they are doing a great job (and insults anybody who says otherwise), and yet they can't even spell simple words or use proper english skills!! Grimone, take some business classes, and then tell us how Disney's doing as your current reasoning is very flawed and incorrect.

MrPromey

Originally posted by donaldduck1967
I dont want this to turn into a big debate and get ugly because it's no big deal. And quite honestly I forgot I even posted in this thread. The prices you mentioned are not that far off from Disney's. Bottled water @ disney was 2.50 last year so i'm sure it went up some. parking was @ least 5.00 last year so i'm sure that went up.

Just an FYI: Prices are not automatically raised for everything at WDW on an annual basis. :)

Re: Re: yes they do

Originally posted by DMC-12
Man,

I am really sick of you being so rude on these forums! Knock it off...and act like a decent person!:mad:

No, there is no sponsor... United Technologies pulled out over a year ago....since then....it has ran sponsorless :)

Too many people come onto these boards not knowing the facts, then claim to know the answers when in fact they don't. They should get the facts straight so they can come here and make intelligent comments!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom