News .

Matt56

Originally posted by JLW11Hi that's a good point. The Epcot pavillions rely on sponsors to make rides and keep them going.

Why is this though? Why can't Disney dish out the money since they receive the profits?

isnet396

Its really hard when you have to pay for all the maintenice and workers and stuff in the largest aquatic tank in the world....

Ian

Originally posted by MicBat

Like they have in the shark (etc) tank at Sea World! Great idea!

Oh my! :eek: Someone out there finally thought that I had a good idea! See I knew just how loved I was becoming here! Just don't read any of the other recent threads here! :lookaroun ;) :lookaroun ;)

pnutbutr

My last visit to Epcot was in November 2001 and I was very dissapointed (though not as dissapointed as I was when the Haunted Mansion was closed for my vacation in 1991!) to find that I waited in that huge room forever only to find that the ride portion of the Living Seas was closed. When did it close? Has it been open in the meantime at all?

I hadnt been to epcot in about 4 years until last june, and i had no idea that the ride part of living seas ws broken. When i went theis past summer we went through the introduction and a very long line. when we finally got o the point of seeing the sealife i felt like something was missing. i then looked aroung and could see the tunnel in which you took the ride through. i think they shoud make this just like the one at sea world. the escalator is a great thing. Lets just hope that they can finnally open it up soon.

wed050499

Originally posted by isnet396
Remember, Seas doesn't have a sponsor. Maybe disney actually had to EARN the money to fix this one....?

Ian

Hello all,

I could be wrong on this, but I thought that United Technologies continued to sponsor the Living Seas pavilion. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Brian

Originally posted by bearboysnc

THEN WHAT THE HECK AM I PAYING ADMISSION FOR?

I agree!!!!!! Why do gate prices go up every year and they cant keep up the maintenance themselves. It's not just the admission either. How much do they get for a bottled water now a days? Same thing with soda, food and souviners.. Everything is over priced. Put some money into keeping up these attractions

space42

Originally posted by wed050499

Hello all,

I could be wrong on this, but I thought that United Technologies continued to sponsor the Living Seas pavilion. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Brian

They dropped sponsership in 2001.

mickeyman

How much do they get for a bottled water now a days? Same thing with soda, food and souviners..

Last year i bought a turkey leg at epcot then went to ice station cool and got all the free soda that i needed. I was there for like 30 minutes. Its a good way to get out of paying $4.00 for a soda.

Fido

Maybe they should just give in and turn TLS into a Little Mermaid attraction, so they can have a huge gift shop selling TLM merchandise. I'm surprised that they haven't thought of that yet. :hurl:

JLW11Hi

Originally posted by Walt148

I belive it was in late 1998 when they dropped their sponsership. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I could be wrong on this, but I think it was even earlier than this. The only evidence I have is a passage from a WDW book saying that Living Seas was "originally" sponsored by United Technologies (the book was made in 1996). Mabey they had a different sponsor for a while?

Disney4648

When I went to EPCOT back in May, I went to The Living Seas for the frist time. It was neat and we took a ride in those water elevators, I know there is a special name for them, but anyways, there was no ride part of the Living Seas, what are seascabs and can someone please explain to me what the ride is like?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom