“Something major” coming to DHS???

James Alucobond

Now I realize times have changed since then.... and people now like meet and greets, but I think that is now covered in every park....
I'm not convinced people even really like them so much as they feel compelled to get pictures with them for Facebook/Instagram/X/whatever social credit. It feels alien to me to always want to take a duck-lipped picture of yourself holding up two fingers in front of everything, but that's where we are.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
not a "rides Park" if your definition of rides is un-themed carnival rides and rollercoasters....but WDW, while a whole package, was all about their immersive rides like the Fantasyland dark rides and the more elaborate Pirates and Mansion.... as kids we didn't want to go to Disney to see characters or enjoy the landscaping...we wanted to go on Space Mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean... Now I realize times have changed since then.... and people now like meet and greets, but I think that is now covered in every park....
The rides don’t cover those fees.

You know that.
I like them as much as the next guy…but they tend to be highly overated by the diehards. Especially of late.

Andrew25

New rides increase incremental visitors who previously would have skipped or never gone into a theme park.

Hogsmeade brought millions of visitors to a theme park they previously never considered.
Pandora brought millions of visitors into a theme park people typically skipped.

Yes, there's an entire "package" of shows/dining/attractions that draw folks into the park... but their biggest draw have always been the rides.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
New rides increase incremental visitors who previously would have skipped or never gone into a theme park.

Hogsmeade brought millions of visitors to a theme park they previously never considered.
Pandora brought millions of visitors into a theme park people typically skipped.

Yes, there's an entire "package" of shows/dining/attractions that draw folks into the park... but their biggest draw have always been the rides.
I think you’re underestimating the cost to travel to Disney parks anymore…

New rides are an important marketing tool…but “a ride” isn’t moving people to additional or first trips.

Now a massive new development? Maybe. We have one sitting off of I-4 getting topped off right now. We shall see.

But the last “major” new opening that really drove foot traffic was the potterland. Those were significant gains.

Avatar was more redistribution of wdw travelers…which they need more of…for sure.

The studios grand new visions didn’t do much. One being a gross miscalculation of a fanbase that wanted them to succeed. But such is life with Bob.

tanc

The best major change would be to bring back the Hunchback of Notredame show.

Jokes aside, curious of what this is. I wonder if they plan to rename the park soon as well.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Any updates on whether or not Villains land could be coming to animation courtyard?
None. It was just weak blue-sky pitching on Disney's part. Since then, nothing from Disney. No insider has a substantial update as to them committing to this at either MK or DHS. Don't expect any news until D23. And even then, if this is a "phase 2" thing, they'll probably not publicly commit to it.

Bocabear

17B was for capacity expansion for WDW. There is another pool that is for operations improvements, maintenance, etc.
What exactly is "Capacity Expansion" though? more parking spaces and wider walkways? we know it can mean adding more attractions, but that seems like it is going to be the last possible way they will spend money... wider walkways, more Meet & Greets, more water play areas, more shops... I just have a feeling they will call everything "capacity Expansion"... including maintenance... Hate to be so cynical, but the state of EPCOT and DHS up until this recent "too little too late" attempt at a fix has made me feel this way...

ToTBellHop

DisneylandForward is probably to blame for the shifts in plans. That's going to be really expensive.
It won’t impact WDW’s share. But the money only goes so far when you also have aging attractions that will need major refurbishments. For example, we haven’t heard about Epcot additions yet there will be work at Epcot.

I’m sure DHS will see work, too. The question is: how much?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom