“Something major” coming to DHS???

Cmdr_Crimson

All the talk of 21st Century Fox IP has me thinking about other potential wildcards from that purchase.

Considering it has a legacy at the park and also was almost an attraction in its own right (before Alien Encounter) what are the chances that one day we see some kind of Alien presence at Hollywood Studios? If they decide to angle HS as the "adult" park with an edgier Villians land I think it could complement the offerings quite well. Of course, there is always the issue of small kids being scared, as seen in Alien Encounter, but I think if the height requirement was high enough it might be mitigated. Such an R-rated experience might not belong at a Disney Park but it does seem like quite an IP to just let rot away with no love.
Genting Skyworld in Malaysia is a theme park that is heavily based around the 20th Century IP's with rides based around Night at the Museum, Independence Day, the Blue Sky animated films (Ice Age, Rio, Robots and Epic). But, they too have been baseing rides around PG-13 films like the Planet of the Apes films..
pota.jpeg

MK-fan

Something major is coming….

A new popcorn stand with limited edition buckets!!! Disney fans go insane for this kind of stuff and Disney feeds off of it, who needs a new ride??!!

eddie104

They also don't really need major headliner attractions. The park is devoid of the smaller people eating rides, they have like 4-5 major attractions already out of like 9 total.
I don’t think having more headliner attractions is a bad thing.

If they are truly serious about an expansion to this park both should be happening simultaneously with each new land getting the E ticket and then a smaller ride as well.

Like someone said earlier Disney’s bread and butter is dark rides. Of course they have done numerous flat rides but that’s hasn’t been their biggest focus as of late when building new lands.

doctornick

If they are truly serious about an expansion to this park both should be happening simultaneously with each new land getting the E ticket and then a smaller ride as well.

What should be happening with any new land is those lands should be fully built - with one headliner attraction but also 2-3 other attractions (shows, smaller indoor rides, flat rides, etc) and food and merch. Disney in recent years have completely underbuilt new lands (except for Cars Land) by only have 1 or 2 new rides and not enough auxiliary stuff.

Last edited:

eddie104

What should be happening with any new land is those lands should be fully built - with one headliner attraction but also 2-3 other attractions (shows, smaller indoor rides, flat rides, etc) and food and merch. Disney in recent years have completely underbuilt new lands (except for Cars Land) but only have 1 or 2 new rides and not enough auxiliary stuff.
I’m curious on what smaller indoor rides Disney has built in recent memory ??

LSLS

I don’t think having more headliner attractions is a bad thing.

Like someone said earlier Disney’s bread and butter is dark rides. Of course they have done numerous flat rides but that’s hasn’t been their biggest focus as of late when building new lands.
It's not a bad thing on the surface, but if all the money is spent on big headliner attractions instead of 3-4 more rides, it's not fixing the problems the park has. If it's a headliner along with smaller attractions, that is great. But 3-4 more E tickets and 1 smaller is not a recipe for making the parks more enjoyable.

Splash4eva

It's not a bad thing on the surface, but if all the money is spent on big headliner attractions instead of 3-4 more rides, it's not fixing the problems the park has. If it's a headliner along with smaller attractions, that is great. But 3-4 more E tickets and 1 smaller is not a recipe for making the parks more enjoyable.
Get that ILL money baby!!!

djkidkaz

Villains Land at Studios replacing Animation Courtyard and encompassing RNRC and ToT who both get rethemes to finally remove the liscensing rights.

yensidtlaw1969

Villains Land at Studios replacing Animation Courtyard and encompassing RNRC and ToT who both get rethemes to finally remove the liscensing rights.
The licensing Disney pays for those attractions is a pittance compared to how much the rides make them.

Conversations have been had about retheming RNRC and Tower at DHS, but cutting the licensing wasn't the driving force and so far the idea hasn't gone anywhere.

In the Parks
No
The licensing Disney pays for those attractions is a pittance compared to how much the rides make them.

Conversations have been had about retheming RNRC and Tower at DHS, but cutting the licensing wasn't the driving force and so far the idea hasn't gone anywhere.
Thank goodness, at least regarding ToT. But I do fear Scarlett Johannsen's film, that might be an opportunity they won't want to pass on.

SplashJacket

Here’s my take.

If you make a new modern headliner, if it’s fantastic today, it’ll be at least great 20 years from now (see Disneyland’s Indy).

If you make a mediocre filler ride, if it’s good at opening, it’ll be bad 20 years from now (see WDW’s Buzz).

In terms of filling out a park for quality and capacity, if you build new E-tickets/headliners, you’re resetting the goal post. The old top rides drop down a peg, the next top rides drop down a peg and so on and so forth.

E-tickets generally have higher capacities than Cs and Ds due to their larger scale.

And I know people will cry foul “but Es make people want to come! So it’ll counter any capacity net.”

And like, okay… I’m a parks fan… I want to do things I want to do. I want to do things that are good, not simply filling my time.

I have nothing against flats or Cs or Ds they match the execution and vision of the ride experience, but the cries for almost exclusively mid-tier experiences are silly.

The price per capacity added for a C or D ticket is not that far off from an E. The barrier of entry for creating a project of any scale is very high, that if you’re going to make a project, you might as well make it good, or save until you can actually afford to make it good.

Splash4eva

Here’s my take.

If you make a new modern headliner, if it’s fantastic today, it’ll be at least great 20 years from now (see Disneyland’s Indy).

If you make a mediocre filler ride, if it’s good at opening, it’ll be bad 20 years from now (see WDW’s Buzz).

In terms of filling out a park for quality and capacity, if you build new E-tickets/headliners, you’re resetting the goal post. The old top rides drop down a peg, the next top rides drop down a peg and so on and so forth.

E-tickets generally have higher capacities than Cs and Ds due to their larger scale.

And I know people will cry foul “but Es make people want to come! So it’ll counter any capacity net.”

And like, okay… I’m a parks fan… I want to do things I want to do. I want to do things that are good, not simply filling my time.

I have nothing against flats or Cs or Ds they match the execution and vision of the ride experience, but the cries for almost exclusively mid-tier experiences are silly.

The price per capacity added for a C or D ticket is not that far off from an E. The barrier of entry for creating a project of any scale is very high, that if you’re going to make a project, you might as well make it good, or save until you can actually afford to make it good.
There is no reason we cant have both. 1 E and 2-3 C/D rides/ attractions. Is Buzz the way it is because they have showed no love for it or because the ride is no longer good? To me the ride is still fun even in its current shape.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Here’s my take.

Let me think about this for a second…

…mmm…no

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom