“Is there anything in my teeth?” “God I’m so full!!!” The Trip Report from 06/23-07/6

Ok so here it is. The moment I know you all have been waiting for…..MY TRIP REPORT!!! Haha, ok so probably you aren’t losing sleep over waiting for this one but I am excited writing. This is my first one so bear with me. I took well over 500 pictures which is a lot but not a whole lot. I didn’t follow my exact itinerary as posted in my pre-trip report, and I forgot to take a lot of pics of food, but I think I did ok!

So a little background if you didn’t read my pre-trip report which is linked here:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=435999

My DH and myself decided to take our niece to Disney World as her gift for graduating high school. It was a plan in the making since we went on our honeymoon in Disney in 2007. We stayed at POP Century from 06/23-07/06, which I have to say I absolutely loved the hotel. I would never stay at another All Star and would pick POP over them anyday. I will say this though, I will NEVER go back to Disney again for that time of year. The crowds were so good until around July and then it got crazy.

We live in Folsom, PA right outside of Philly. My name is Courtney (25), my DH is Mike (23) and DN is Chynna (17). Here we are at Chynna's graduation:

DSCI0011.jpg

So I guess that’s all you really need to know before I start. Some of the pics you will see will not have Mike in them with the characters. This is because he was taking the pictures! So he claims he was not on vacation because you can’t see him anywhere! So here we go!!!!

Tuesday 06/23/2009 DEPARTURE DAY!!!!

I can’t believe it’s finally here. It felt like it was going to take forever until this day got to us. Me and Chynna had been talking about this trip and counting down for so long and it was finally here. We had set out alarm for 4:30am but I was so excited I started poking Mike at about 4:15 to get up. That night before me and Chynna both took Tylenol PMs so we could get to sleep. Well Chynna took hers at like 6pm and was asleep on the sofa by 8pm. So me and Mike decided to just head to bed early. So anyway, we got up and I had to call my dad to get him up. Well he wasn’t supposed to come over to get us until 4:45. I think he got to us by 4:30 and we were ready to go.

Just a side note, I was devastated leaving my two dogs, Chase and Mocha at home. The looks they gave us when we left was just heart-breaking I could have cried. But my dad was taking care of them so I knew they would be in good hands.

So anyway, we were off to the airport by 4:45am. We made a stop at Wawa for my dad to get himself some coffee so he could wake up. Well Philadelphia airport is only 10 minutes away from our house, right off of I-95, so we were there by 5am! We checked our bags at the curbside checkin with Southwest. The man that took of us was so polite which was a shock for the Philly airport. We got inside and got right in the line for security. We get through and of course my bags go through and I see some woman waving my purse around asking whose handbag it was. I came forward and she asked me to open it. Well looks like I forgot to take out my lotion that I use in the tanning salon and it was too much liquid to carry on. No biggie, it was only a 8 dollar bottle from Walmart so I told her to trash it.

So by the time we got to our gate it was only 5:30am and our flight didn’t leave until 7:05am. We went to get some breakfast. I got a cappuccino and a crumb cake for myself and an iced coffee for Mike which cost $8 something. Chynna got a iced chai latte and a yogurt parfait which cost her $8 something and Mike got a sandwich from Burger King which was $4 I think. And this is where part of my trip report title comes in. we are done eating and just sitting and talking and Chynna asks “Do I have anything in my teeth?” let’s just say after everything we ate for the two weeks we were there, she asked this same question!!!! It drove us nuts by the end of vacation. Oh and let’s not forget 6am came around and what did I announce? “It’s time to take our Bufferin!” Let me explain…my mom is a bit nervine when it comes to getting blood clots on planes from sitting too long, so one hour before any flight she reminds us all to take our Bufferin, so of course my dad brought it over to us when he picked us up that morning! Here we are sitting and waiting at the airport:

DSCI0018.jpg

DSCI0019.jpg

Southwest finally started boarding the plane and even though we were boarding group B, we still all got seats together. Chynna was in the middle. Now keep in mind, she has not flown a plane since she was about 3 so she remembers nothing and was a nervous wreck just getting on. Well our flight attendants were hysterical. They were singing the mickey mouse club ending song (“M I C, see ya real soon, K E Y, why because we like you”)and getting the kids all excited that they were going to Disney. When the plane finally started to take off, Chynna got VERY nervous. Every little noise the plane made and every movement, she would freak out. When we started to accelerate and go down the runway, she grabbed my hand and by the time we were up in the air I had white marks on my hand from her squeezing so hard!!! The plane ride was very smooth, hardly any turbulence which was nice. We got the usual airplane cinnamon graham cracker cookies and a bag of pretzels and our drinks. Next thing you know the plane is landing and it was only 09:10. we were supposed to land at 9:35!!! So we were again ahead of ourselves which also seemed to be another theme of this trip. We walked down to the Magical Express counter and there was not one person in line anywhere. Usually you still have to go to counter and check in and give them your magical express passes. But not this time! There was a CM standing there waving her Mickey hand and told us to proceed down the red carpet to the next CM. We did so and she checked us in and told us to proceed to the POP line. We got there so fast I didn’t have a chance to take a picture of it. Next thing we know, the CM at the head of the line opened the line and led us to our bus!!! No way was this happening to us! We thought this was a very good sign!

So we hop on the bus and were told that POP is the first stop! Yet even more good news! And off we go!!!! This is us on the bus ride there...

DSCI0020.jpg

By this point I was jumping out of my skin and I was waiting to see the video that they show on your way there. Well guess what?! They NEVER showed it. I was bit upset about this because Chynna had never seen it. But whatever I wasn’t going to let that ruin my good day so far. And we're home!!!!

DSCI0021.jpg

So we then arrived at POP. These are just some pics i took while we were looking around.

DSCI0022.jpg

DSCI0023.jpg

DSCI0024.jpg

Oh and let me just mention it was very hot in FL. It was extremely humid. Just to mention we were checked in at POP by 10:15!!! And let me just tell you, the CM that checked us in was HORRIBLE and NASTY! First of all she could hardly speak English and I couldn’t understand her but she was very rude also. She informed us that our room was not ready and gave us a card with a number to call to check. She gave us our package that was waiting and never gave us pins. So I asked her for one and her response was “Well what do you need that for?” I told her that we put on our reservation we were here for Chynna’s graduation. She looked at me, smiled, and said “Oh Congratulations”. After I was done checking in, I realized that she never asked me to pay for the refrigerator we had on our reservation and I also noticed that inside of our packet were “Celebrate” pins anyway! I ended up going back up a few minutes later and got another CM and she took care of writing on Chynna’s pin what we were there for plus letting me pay for the fridge.

So since we were at the hotel so early and our lunch reservations were not until 2pm, we had no idea what to do. We decided to just head to the POP food court and get a snack to eat because we hadn’t eaten since like 6 that morning. This was us sitting in the food court. Lovely pics of us right?!

DSCI0025.jpg

DSCI0026.jpg

So we went and got our 3 free mugs that were included with the Deluxe Dining Plan and I got a bag of chips, Mike got a chocolate cake, and Chynna got celery and carrots with dip. The mugs would have cost us $41.51 and the snacks would have been $10.30. (just so you know we kept track of what everything cost so that we would see if the DxDP paid off.)

I'm going to finish up here for now, until I get more pics loaded up on photobucket because they are taking forever. But i will continue soon!!

luvlifeinfl

so yeah its been a while and i completely apologize for not writing. but for the past couple of weeks i have been planning my aunt's bridal shower since im the matron of honor! well it was on sunday so now that that's over with, i can give my attention back to my trip report. so i will most likely be posting my next installment tomorrow! hope you are all still following!

Heck yea, I got a tiff'd thought you left us out to dry.

KingStefan

Snookie, congrats to your aunt (and you too - MoH is a very important and demanding position).

We are awaiting with bated breath!

snookie5605

Original Poster
Day 3 FINALLY !!!!

ok ok, i know guys, i suck! im so sorry. its been crazy at work, because we got rid of a girl so now there is like a millions times the work to do! and i do this report at work before i start. so here it is!!

Thursday June 25th

Thursday June 25th

Today we were headed to Animal Kingdom. We woke up around 6:45am to head out. We had breakfast reservations at the Tusker House for Donald’s Safari Breakfast. We got to the park extremely early with some other people.

DSCI0158.jpg

It was a very foggy and humid day, which always makes for a fun time at AK. That park is hot to begin with!

DSCI0159.jpg

So we get there and we’re all just wondering around, trying to find out where we should stand. Me and some other guy both asked a lady there where we should stand. She pretty much yelled at us and told us the park doesn’t open until 9. We both responded that we had reservations at 8am so there must be somehow we can get it. She said something like she didn’t know where we stood and walked away. We all agreed that this CM was not in the Disney spirit. Finally another woman walked over and said she forgot to put the sign out for where we stand.

DSCI0160.jpg

The man told her how nasty the other lady was. She just laughed and said yeah that’s normal and told us to line up. She was a lot nicer and had the mood of being in the happiest place on earth.

We finally check in out front at about 7:45ish and head on into the park. We got some nice shots being there so early.

DSCI0161.jpg

DSCI0165.jpg

We check in at the desk and get our picture taken (which we didn’t buy) and go on into the restaurant. We head on up to get our food, which by the way, they had a huge selection of things. I go to grab plates for all of us and start to hand Mike a plate. Well Mike wasn’t paying attention and I thought he grabbed it from me and I let go. CRASH!

There goes the plate! All we hear is “This isn’t Epcot. We aren’t in Greece where we throw plates!” one of the servers said that and laughed and it was all good. My foot got cut in the process but not too bad! I didn’t take a lot of pics of food because again it was the same stuff at breakfast. But we had the delicious juice again. The coffee was instant, but whatever! We had a sampling of eggs, bacon, sausage, yogurt, Krispie Kreme donuts, turnovers, danishes, chocolate croissants, etc…

Soon the characters came out. First was Goofy.

DSCI0170.jpg

He was cool as usual. At least a lot better than Chef Mickey! Then came out Donald.

DSCI0167.jpg

Then Daisy.

DSCI0169.jpg

Then Mickey.

DSCI0168.jpg

All in all it was a good breakfast. The OOP cost would have been $73.46 plus tip, but we used 1 credit per person on the DDP.

So we leave the restaurant just in time for our first rope drop. This became a joke with Chynna and Mike the rest of the trip because they thought I was a dork. I had never made it for a rope drop before so this was cool! At least to me it was! They started saying at every rope drop, “This is rope drop Animal Kingdom, 2009!” with a “dum, dum, dum” after. They thought they were just so funny! There was also this lady who works there that became obsessed with fixing the rope. I guess from people pulling it, it got all twisted. Well she like freaked out if anyone touched it and was busy fixing it for a good 15 minutes. It was a little weird but hey whatever floats her boat! Since we were right outside of the Kiliminjaro Safari, we decided to go on that first.

DSCI0171.jpg

snookie5605

Original Poster
day 3 continued

This was a very good idea! We were the first truck out and saw tons of animals!

DSCI0174.jpg

DSCI0175.jpg

DSCI0180.jpg

DSCI0183.jpg

DSCI0184.jpg

DSCI0187.jpg

DSCI0190.jpg

DSCI0203-1.jpg

Then we headed over to Expedition Everest so Mike and Chynna could get on it before it got crowded.

DSCI0205-1.jpg

I took this time to sit in the shade and call my mom. Again let me just say, I was drenched already. It was a scorcher that day! So they finally come back, Chynna loved it, and we headed over to the Kali River Rapids. Here is a goofy picture along the way…

DSCI0206-1.jpg

snookie5605

Original Poster
day 3 continued

And this poor thing was standing all by themselves, waiting for someone to get a picture so we went over…

DSCI0196.jpg

Yeah somehow, I always end up going down that backwards and getting soaked. When I got off of this, I was drenched! Actually we all were but I was the worst. Don’t get me wrong, it felt awesome but I was still really wet. Luckily I wore my bathing suit under a sundress so I was ok. All of our shoes were squishy and wet though! Just to mention, in between we got some waters which OOP would have been $7.50 but it was 3 snack credits. We walked around a bit and saw the lions and after that we were like yeah we’re done.

DSCI0201-1.jpg

DSCI0200.jpg

We decided to do the 12pm show for the Lion King, since we had reservations at the Rainforest for 1:30pm. While we were waiting to get in line, we found some friends along the way.

DSCI0210.jpg

DSCI0211.jpg

These ducklings were so friendly, if you wanted to you could just pick them up. But Momma duck wasn’t having that! So our goal was to be first in line for the 12pm show. So we stood in line and this CM named Hanna asked us if we were going into the 11am show. Mike said no, that we were waiting to be first in line for the 12pm show. She said, “You’re going to wait a whole hour in line?” We said yeah that we had nothing else to do. So she said “Follow me.” She brought us around to the back of the show and put our names on the reserved seating list and told us to come back at 11:30 and we would get right in. Hanna was my girl! We go back and when we got in, we were the first bench in front in the Giraffe section! Just to warn you, I have a million pics of this show because one, it is an awesome show, and two, we were so close, the people were posing for me to take pics.

DSCI0217.jpg

DSCI0219.jpg

DSCI0247.jpg

DSCI0249.jpg

DSCI0252.jpg

snookie5605

Original Poster
DSCI0255.jpg

DSCI0258.jpg

DSCI0261.jpg

DSCI0262.jpg

DSCI0266.jpg

DSCI0269.jpg

We had the giraffe man on stilts give us high fives. The zebra during the scary part was freaking Chynna out because she kept on staring at her. The monkey ran by and pretended to pick bugs out of Chynna’s hair. Mike almost got kicked so many times while the stilt people were dancing. It was awesome, there was so much character interaction sitting that close.

So then we went to the Rainforest. Along the way, we took these…

DSCI0278.jpg

DSCI0207-1.jpg

We checked in really early again and got right back. We had the slowest waitress here. She took so long just to come back and get drinks and orders. She was nice, but just very slow. So I ordered the Portobello Mushroom Burger.

DSCI0279.jpg

I am obsessed with their crab cake sandwiches, but they don’t sell them anymore. This is my second fav. Chynna got the pulled beef BBQ wrap.

DSCI0281.jpg

snookie5605

Original Poster
Mike got the Caesar wrap.

DSCI0280.jpg

We all really liked it as usual at the Rainforest. And then it was time for the “VOLCANO!!!”

DSCI0282.jpg

Me and Mike get this every time we go there. We actually finished a whole one, just the two of us, when we were on our honeymoon! So we get it and devour it! Mike actually finished it off and even licked the plate.

DSCI0285.jpg

Chynna and I were hysterical because he purposely smeared it all over his face and was acting like an idiot. It was so funny.

DSCI0283.jpg

So we finished up and paid. This place is OOP so it cost us $83. I think that was with the tip, but I’m not sure. Before we left, we took some of these outside of the park..

DSCI0288.jpg

DSCI0289.jpg

We headed back to the room after that and relaxed a little bit. That night we had reservations at 1900 Park Fare at 7:05pm. When we got there, we were early of course, so we went shopping around at the hotel. We spent a little while in the Basin shop, which is my favorite but Chynna has never been. Well she became obsessed with it and bought a bunch of stuff there. I, first of all, was very excited for this dinner because it has all of the Cinderella characters, well except for the mice. So we get there and head up to eat first. This place is a buffet. They have carved meats, fish, pasta, soups, salads, chicken, you name it! The desserts are min cakes, soft serve, cookies, brownies, etc…

DSCI0291.jpg

DSCI0292.jpg

DSCI0293.jpg

The dinner food was very good but I have to say the dessert kind of wasn’t. I was a bit disappointed with the food this time. BUT on the other hand, our character experiences made up for it. The first character out was the stepmother. She looked EXACTLY like her. She got very into character. She came by and we took a pic with her:

DSCI0294.jpg

snookie5605

Original Poster
She was talking to Chynna about graduation and told her, “make sure you get your BA before you become a MRS!” of course chynna being the way she is, she didn’t get it. I explained that she was saying make sure you get your degree before you get married.

Then the stepsister who is the pink came by, I think that is Anastasia, but I don’t know. She also looked just like her and was very much in character. She came over and we got our picture with her:

DSCI0295.jpg

She then made a comment to Chynna about how much she loved her shoes and then said how much she loved her hair, that her mother does her hair so she cant do it the way Chynna did.

Then the stepsister in the green came over. She was the funniest one of all. She was walking around the restaurant screaming at people and being rude, like they really are.

DSCI0303.jpg

Well she comes over and was talking to us and she noticed Mike’s hair was spiky. So she said to him, “Is someone going for the porcupine look tonight?”, to which mike responds, “No but are you going for the clown look?” well we were hysterical and so was the lady that walks around with the characters, that was standing behind our table. The stepsister replied, “Well that’s not very nice to insult my mother, she taught me how to do my makeup”. We could not stop laughing. When she left our table, I noticed she went up to the character CM and they were both hysterical and looking at Mike, so I think she got a real kick out of what he said.

DSCI0296.jpg

Then Prince Charming comes over. I have to admit, this was a good looking one and he wasn’t at all weird like most of them are! He came over and we took our pic with him, and I asked him if he could sign Chynna’s book, to which he said, “It’s ok if it is your book”, I said yes it is but it’s not. And then the classic….he looks at Mike and says, “Ya know it’s ok if it’s your book too” and Mike replies, “Ya got me, ya got me, it’s mine”. The Prince then lets out this laugh that you know was him so getting out of character and just kept on laughing and shaking his head as he walked away!

DSCI0298.jpg

Then of course Cinderella came out and we got our pic with her. Nothing special there, of course I love it when she comes out but they are always the same.

DSCI0301.jpg

So tonight I had ordered the new Princess box cake. I was waiting and waiting for it to come out. The waitress then brings out this placemat that had celebrate on it, and wished Chynna a happy birthday! Well I don’t know why, but she didn’t seem to notice the pin that said high school graduation on it. All of the characters did, but not the waitress. So now I’m mortified thinking, god what am I going to do if she comes out with this cake and sings happy birthday. So I told Chynna she was getting it and I said prepare yourself in case they sing and just go along with it. Thankfully the cake came out a few minutes later and they didn’t do anything. Here is a picture of it:

DSCI0302.jpg

So this meal would have cost us $116 OOP but it was 3 credits on the DDP. We also had to pay $15 for the cake. After dinner, we headed back to the room and went to bed, preparing ourselves for a very long day at EPCOT tomorrow.

disneygirl1

YAY for the updated!!! Loving it as always! Great pictures!!! I am so excited to try 1900 Park Fare for dinner!!! Have been to the breakfast but never the dinner!!! We are going the night we go to MNSSHP!

KingStefan

GREAT update - thank you!

I never noticed the statues of Pluto and Mickey and Goofy and Huey, Duey, and Louie and Daisy before - where are they?

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Chynna looks happier in each pic..its so awesome you guys got to take her!

GREAT food pics BTW...you have to go to the dining section and food pic of the day and post them there too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom