“Is there anything in my teeth?” “God I’m so full!!!” The Trip Report from 06/23-07/6

Ok so here it is. The moment I know you all have been waiting for…..MY TRIP REPORT!!! Haha, ok so probably you aren’t losing sleep over waiting for this one but I am excited writing. This is my first one so bear with me. I took well over 500 pictures which is a lot but not a whole lot. I didn’t follow my exact itinerary as posted in my pre-trip report, and I forgot to take a lot of pics of food, but I think I did ok!

So a little background if you didn’t read my pre-trip report which is linked here:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=435999

My DH and myself decided to take our niece to Disney World as her gift for graduating high school. It was a plan in the making since we went on our honeymoon in Disney in 2007. We stayed at POP Century from 06/23-07/06, which I have to say I absolutely loved the hotel. I would never stay at another All Star and would pick POP over them anyday. I will say this though, I will NEVER go back to Disney again for that time of year. The crowds were so good until around July and then it got crazy.

We live in Folsom, PA right outside of Philly. My name is Courtney (25), my DH is Mike (23) and DN is Chynna (17). Here we are at Chynna's graduation:

DSCI0011.jpg

So I guess that’s all you really need to know before I start. Some of the pics you will see will not have Mike in them with the characters. This is because he was taking the pictures! So he claims he was not on vacation because you can’t see him anywhere! So here we go!!!!

Tuesday 06/23/2009 DEPARTURE DAY!!!!

I can’t believe it’s finally here. It felt like it was going to take forever until this day got to us. Me and Chynna had been talking about this trip and counting down for so long and it was finally here. We had set out alarm for 4:30am but I was so excited I started poking Mike at about 4:15 to get up. That night before me and Chynna both took Tylenol PMs so we could get to sleep. Well Chynna took hers at like 6pm and was asleep on the sofa by 8pm. So me and Mike decided to just head to bed early. So anyway, we got up and I had to call my dad to get him up. Well he wasn’t supposed to come over to get us until 4:45. I think he got to us by 4:30 and we were ready to go.

Just a side note, I was devastated leaving my two dogs, Chase and Mocha at home. The looks they gave us when we left was just heart-breaking I could have cried. But my dad was taking care of them so I knew they would be in good hands.

So anyway, we were off to the airport by 4:45am. We made a stop at Wawa for my dad to get himself some coffee so he could wake up. Well Philadelphia airport is only 10 minutes away from our house, right off of I-95, so we were there by 5am! We checked our bags at the curbside checkin with Southwest. The man that took of us was so polite which was a shock for the Philly airport. We got inside and got right in the line for security. We get through and of course my bags go through and I see some woman waving my purse around asking whose handbag it was. I came forward and she asked me to open it. Well looks like I forgot to take out my lotion that I use in the tanning salon and it was too much liquid to carry on. No biggie, it was only a 8 dollar bottle from Walmart so I told her to trash it.

So by the time we got to our gate it was only 5:30am and our flight didn’t leave until 7:05am. We went to get some breakfast. I got a cappuccino and a crumb cake for myself and an iced coffee for Mike which cost $8 something. Chynna got a iced chai latte and a yogurt parfait which cost her $8 something and Mike got a sandwich from Burger King which was $4 I think. And this is where part of my trip report title comes in. we are done eating and just sitting and talking and Chynna asks “Do I have anything in my teeth?” let’s just say after everything we ate for the two weeks we were there, she asked this same question!!!! It drove us nuts by the end of vacation. Oh and let’s not forget 6am came around and what did I announce? “It’s time to take our Bufferin!” Let me explain…my mom is a bit nervine when it comes to getting blood clots on planes from sitting too long, so one hour before any flight she reminds us all to take our Bufferin, so of course my dad brought it over to us when he picked us up that morning! Here we are sitting and waiting at the airport:

DSCI0018.jpg

DSCI0019.jpg

Southwest finally started boarding the plane and even though we were boarding group B, we still all got seats together. Chynna was in the middle. Now keep in mind, she has not flown a plane since she was about 3 so she remembers nothing and was a nervous wreck just getting on. Well our flight attendants were hysterical. They were singing the mickey mouse club ending song (“M I C, see ya real soon, K E Y, why because we like you”)and getting the kids all excited that they were going to Disney. When the plane finally started to take off, Chynna got VERY nervous. Every little noise the plane made and every movement, she would freak out. When we started to accelerate and go down the runway, she grabbed my hand and by the time we were up in the air I had white marks on my hand from her squeezing so hard!!! The plane ride was very smooth, hardly any turbulence which was nice. We got the usual airplane cinnamon graham cracker cookies and a bag of pretzels and our drinks. Next thing you know the plane is landing and it was only 09:10. we were supposed to land at 9:35!!! So we were again ahead of ourselves which also seemed to be another theme of this trip. We walked down to the Magical Express counter and there was not one person in line anywhere. Usually you still have to go to counter and check in and give them your magical express passes. But not this time! There was a CM standing there waving her Mickey hand and told us to proceed down the red carpet to the next CM. We did so and she checked us in and told us to proceed to the POP line. We got there so fast I didn’t have a chance to take a picture of it. Next thing we know, the CM at the head of the line opened the line and led us to our bus!!! No way was this happening to us! We thought this was a very good sign!

So we hop on the bus and were told that POP is the first stop! Yet even more good news! And off we go!!!! This is us on the bus ride there...

DSCI0020.jpg

By this point I was jumping out of my skin and I was waiting to see the video that they show on your way there. Well guess what?! They NEVER showed it. I was bit upset about this because Chynna had never seen it. But whatever I wasn’t going to let that ruin my good day so far. And we're home!!!!

DSCI0021.jpg

So we then arrived at POP. These are just some pics i took while we were looking around.

DSCI0022.jpg

DSCI0023.jpg

DSCI0024.jpg

Oh and let me just mention it was very hot in FL. It was extremely humid. Just to mention we were checked in at POP by 10:15!!! And let me just tell you, the CM that checked us in was HORRIBLE and NASTY! First of all she could hardly speak English and I couldn’t understand her but she was very rude also. She informed us that our room was not ready and gave us a card with a number to call to check. She gave us our package that was waiting and never gave us pins. So I asked her for one and her response was “Well what do you need that for?” I told her that we put on our reservation we were here for Chynna’s graduation. She looked at me, smiled, and said “Oh Congratulations”. After I was done checking in, I realized that she never asked me to pay for the refrigerator we had on our reservation and I also noticed that inside of our packet were “Celebrate” pins anyway! I ended up going back up a few minutes later and got another CM and she took care of writing on Chynna’s pin what we were there for plus letting me pay for the fridge.

So since we were at the hotel so early and our lunch reservations were not until 2pm, we had no idea what to do. We decided to just head to the POP food court and get a snack to eat because we hadn’t eaten since like 6 that morning. This was us sitting in the food court. Lovely pics of us right?!

DSCI0025.jpg

DSCI0026.jpg

So we went and got our 3 free mugs that were included with the Deluxe Dining Plan and I got a bag of chips, Mike got a chocolate cake, and Chynna got celery and carrots with dip. The mugs would have cost us $41.51 and the snacks would have been $10.30. (just so you know we kept track of what everything cost so that we would see if the DxDP paid off.)

I'm going to finish up here for now, until I get more pics loaded up on photobucket because they are taking forever. But i will continue soon!!

disneygirl1

Awesome report so far Courtney!!! Can't wait to read the rest... How funny is this, I live a few towns over from you in Glenolden!!! It sure is a small world!!

DawnBerg

Awesome TR so far! Can't wait to read the rest. You are making me so excited about our upcoming trip. We are counting the days aslo....37 to go!!! Can't wait to get my Mickey mail and read more of your report. Thanks for sharing it with all of us Disney junkies who can't get enough. :ROFLOL:

luvlifeinfl

Wow, it is always so hard to believe the wait of going but now that you have return that it is over.:( Look forward to the rest of your trip report.

HollyBelle

Great start... I can't wait to read more. I love those pictures of Pop and agree that it's the best choice of value resorts!!

worldfanatic

So far......................... AWESOME!!
I always try to sit at the front of the Magical Express bus to get that 'front gate picture' too.

snookie5605

Original Poster
Day 1 continued...

We finished up and headed off to Downtown Disney. We walked around a bit. We checked out Tren-D, the new shop they opened. Me and Chynna loved it! They are expensive but have the cutest things. She got a sundress there that was really cute. You’ll see her wearing it later on in some pics. We headed to the World of Disney store and she got a pair of sunglasses there because she had none and it was very sunny the whole trip. After we left Tren-D I decided to give it a try and call to see if the room was ready. Well it was about 11:45am and it was ready! This was a very nice surprise. By the time we got over to T-Rex it was about 12:15 and decided to just try and check in early. We got right in!
DSCI0032-1.jpg

DSCI0033.jpg

DSCI0035.jpg

These are some pics of the Lego things at Downtown Disney...
DSCI0029.jpg

DSCI0030.jpg

DSCI0031.jpg

DSCI0028.jpg

T-Rex is an awesome restaurant. You walk in and there are dinosaurs everywhere. Every 20 minutes they have a meteor shower. You look up to the ceiling and it gets all dark and you see meteors shooting across the sky. The dinosaurs go nuts at this point. They also have a ice glacier room you can eat in. the brick oven area has fire shooting up at the counter and above it.
DSCI0036.jpg

DSCI0037.jpg

DSCI0038.jpg

snookie5605

Original Poster
Day 1 continued....

DSCI0040.jpg

DSCI0041.jpg

DSCI0042.jpg

Of course this restaurant is out of pocket, but we didn’t care. They have a huge menu also so when you go take your time and check it out. For drinks, Chynna got a water, I got a Pellegrino, and Mike got a soda. Chynna and I decided that we were going to get two appetizers and split them. We got the flatbread and the appetizer sampler.
DSCI0045-1.jpg

DSCI0047.jpg

Mike got the Bronto Burger.
DSCI0046.jpg

The OOP cost for the meal and the tip was $68.00. oh yeah and just a little add in…the table next to us got done eating and this guy stopped at our table and said “Enjoy your lunch Phillies fans” and laughed. He was a METS fan.
After we were done eating, we decided to head back to the room to rest up a bit since we had dinner reservations at 7:45pm for Tutto Italia. We got back to the room and to our surprise our luggage was there and it was only 1:45! So this was nice. We also had a little towel animal dog sitting in our window!
DSCI0049.jpg

I was ecstatic considering all the years I have been there I have never gotten a towel animal. So we started to get showers and get ready and while I was in the shower my niece knocks on the bathroom door and yells “Thanks Aunt Courtney!” The basket I had ordered from memoriesbybetsy.com had arrived. It had her graduation Mickey ears in it that had her name engraved on the back, a 2009 Mickey graduation stuffed animal who appropriately was dressed in red (her school color), and a 2009 graduation pin. She loved it so I was very happy!
DSCI0051-1.jpg

DSCI0052.jpg

We were all ready and headed down to the bus stop to go to Epcot. I have to say POP has the BEST bus service ever. We never waited long at all. I felt really bad for the Caribbean Beach people though because their lines were always horrendous and they waited forever. If I ever want to stay at another value resort in the future I would not go anywhere else besides POP. So we were on our way to Epcot. We got there and decided to go on Spaceship Earth since the line was very short and Chynna had never been in there. Plus me and Mike love the new additions they have to it at the end. So we went on and Chynna was cracking up at the part when you are on your way back down the ball. Of course we advised her to make a funny face because well that makes the whole thing! So then we walked over the World Showcase because they were dying to do Kim Possible. Mike had even threatened that he was going to roll around on the ground like he was in Mission Impossible. On our way we stopped at Club Cool because Chynna had done this before and we never did. I was a bit scared to see what Italy’s tasted like since I have heard so many gross things. Well I absolutely loved I think it was Japan and India? The one was a watermelon flavor and the other was like a lemon something. And the goofball that Mike is loved the Italy one. He kept on drinking it. Chynna and I spit ours out because it is a very bitter flavor and leaves a disgusting after taste.
DSCI0053.jpg

So anyway, we stopped at Innoventions to get our Kim Possible ticket. We were told to meet up in Norway by I think it was 2:45. So we went there and got our Kimmunicator. We went to the first stop and of course Mike was running around singing the Mission Impossible song. Well we really did not have fun with this thing at all. We hated it actually. I think maybe if it didn’t have you going around in circles following the clues, then it would have been ok. I mean don’t get me wrong, the things that they have popping up and coming out and talking when you are on your mission are cool. It also started to rain so that was kind of a downer. We pretty much just walked around for a while and looked at some things. We went on the Norway ride to waste some time and we also did Living with the Land.
Our reservations at Tutto Italia were for 7:45pm but we were hungry so we went and checked in at 6:40pm. To our surprise, we got right in!

snookie5605

Original Poster
Continued yet again....

DSCI0055.jpg

DSCI0056.jpg

DSCI0059.jpg

Again our luck was really good today. It was a nice start to our trip. Now the fun times began!!!! FOOD!!! And lots of it! Our waitress was Guiliana who was very good. I got an iced tea, the Insalata Mista, the Tagliatelle alla Primavera, and the Noci dessert.

DSCI0064.jpg

DSCI0066.jpg

DSCI0071.jpg

Mike got the Calamari, Lasagna, and the Tiramisu. In fact here is a pic of him after his first big meal!
DSCI0061.jpg

DSCI0067.jpg

DSCI0070.jpg

DSCI0073.jpg

snookie5605

Original Poster
I promise day 1 is almost done...

And then Chynna got the Insalata Mista, the Farfalle that had prosciutto and peas, and Pistachio Gelato.

DSCI0064.jpg

DSCI0068.jpg

DSCI0072.jpg

The total cost of the meal OOP was $152.30 but 1 credit on the DDP. I also forgot to mention we got 3 waters while we were there in the park which OOP cost would have been $10.50 but it was 3 snack credits on DDP. So after our dinner, we pretty much decided to head back to POP. Again the buses arrived very early and we went back and went to sleep, preparing for our first full day the next day. Oh and let me mention, on Tuesday I think we figured we were up and going for about 18 hours!!!

Love the report, like everyone else. Love all the little details, can't help but get excited about my upcoming trip, but its still 82 days away! Can't wait to read more!

snookie5605

Original Poster
Awesome report so far Courtney!!! Can't wait to read the rest... How funny is this, I live a few towns over from you in Glenolden!!! It sure is a small world!!

great trip report so far, I can't wait to read the rest.:sohappy:

I love reading trip reports! Enjoying your very much! I look forward to reading more!!! :)

So far so good. What an incredible lucky girl for a graduation present. Loving the pics!

Awesome TR so far! Can't wait to read the rest. You are making me so excited about our upcoming trip. We are counting the days aslo....37 to go!!! Can't wait to get my Mickey mail and read more of your report. Thanks for sharing it with all of us Disney junkies who can't get enough. :ROFLOL:

Wow, it is always so hard to believe the wait of going but now that you have return that it is over.:( Look forward to the rest of your trip report.

can't wait to read more!

Thanks. Makes the wait for my vacation that much easier!

Great start... I can't wait to read more. I love those pictures of Pop and agree that it's the best choice of value resorts!!

Great report so far! I can't wait to read more!

So far......................... AWESOME!!
I always try to sit at the front of the Magical Express bus to get that 'front gate picture' too.

Cool report so far!! Just wanted to let you know I'm following it!:wave:

Love the report, like everyone else. Love all the little details, can't help but get excited about my upcoming trip, but its still 82 days away! Can't wait to read more!

thank you all!!! hope you enjoy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom