The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

Sorry to hear that your dr. suddently passed away. It's really hard to lose a dr. that's been great, over a period of years for you. Went through something similar a few years ago -- my dr. of over 20 years retired. So I got a new one, and he left after 1 1/2 years. Just found yet another new dr., and she's in her late 40s, so hoping she'll stick around for a while. 🤦‍♀️
Yeah, I've been with him for eight years now after my last one retired. He really was one of the best. I chose him after my regular GP was unavailable and three other doctors, including an ER doctor, missed something called mesenteric adenitis. It was pretty rare and viral, but it mimicked appendicitis, so it was scary.

Thankfully I've seen other doctors in the practice, so I already had it in mind if he decided to retire who I would want. A youngish doctor maybe 40, she just had a baby last year.

It was very sudden; he just refilled prescriptions for me less than a week ago.

Lilofan

Yeah, I've been with him for eight years now after my last one retired. He really was one of the best. I chose him after my regular GP was unavailable and three other doctors, including an ER doctor, missed something called mesenteric adenitis. It was pretty rare and viral, but it mimicked appendicitis, so it was scary.

Thankfully I've seen other doctors in the practice, so I already had it in mind if he decided to retire who I would want. A youngish doctor maybe 40, she just had a baby last year.

It was very sudden; he just refilled prescriptions for me less than a week ago.
You may want to look into it. If the prescriber is no longer, then the script for the patient from the prescriber won't be filled in some states. It is still tragic.

StarWarsGirl

You may want to look into it. If the prescriber is no longer, then the script for the patient from the prescriber won't be filled in some states. It is still tragic.
Oh, I'm calling Monday to get everything switched over to the new doctor so I have no issues. I also get new insurance cards next month, so I need to get that changed. I take too many prescriptions to deal with delays. But thankfully the practice is through a hospital and I fill with Walgreens, so everything has always run super smoothly.

donaldtoo

Attended the family reunion on my Pops side in his hometown for the first time in 2 years, since last year was cancelled ‘cause of...say it with me ;)...COVID-19.
Unfortunately, the rest of my crew wasn’t able to attend, due to Matthew havin’ to work, and Sarah bein’ on call in case Megan goes into early labor.

The first coupla’ pics are of some of my seriously redneck (they’ll be the first to admit it) relatives...!!!!! :hilarious:

CBC4C7CD-99FB-470D-938D-5821D458B9E7.jpeg66E58870-3BA0-4440-9FE6-75C3B3F81860.jpeg

Below is the wood for the smokers, where the wood is fired up before it’s shoveled into the smokers, and a whole heckuva’ lot of smoked chicken and sausage...!!!!!!! :joyfull::hungry:

9D72CFFF-DF99-44D1-A49A-FC10256B24F5.jpeg
9043D21F-5225-44C6-B70B-5E32C60D4CB5.jpeg
AFF2A2BD-6936-4677-ABBA-5A4C626EEEBB.jpeg

The rest of the pics are pretty self-explanatory...!!! :)

C62BA83F-5795-4E9D-8F32-4D84BA1D7E9B.jpeg
1AE26AC2-056A-4DB2-A72A-10113165B96F.jpeg
454EB864-AD60-4FDD-BA70-8F8C78479957.jpeg
549E7121-4A3F-4078-8015-C17BAFEF66A7.jpeg
2FD535F7-7237-4A5C-8173-0726C4BE612A.jpeg

donaldtoo

This group of pics is from the old farm. My cousins DH and DS’s are currently leasing the property from my Pop and uncles to grow hay on, and they also plan to start raising cattle on it again.
The original house, barn, and other outbuildings are a total loss, as nobody has lived on the farm since my grandfather passed in 1978 at age 78. Even so, the land is still very viable for crops, and the oil well is there.

The front of the house...I have so many beyond wonderful, vivid memories of the way it used to look...

EC8E2FE4-6C73-4492-A876-368B52245FD8.jpeg

The approach “road” to the house...as I’ve posted before, my grandparents never had a phone, and didn’t gate the entrance to the property. The cattle were all fenced/gated behind the barn, and tractor and car sheds.
The only warning we had that someone was comin’ to visit was when the hounds went nuts when they heard a vehicle comin’ up the dirt road in the distance...!!!!! :hilarious:

5E3C8966-FF4D-4B2D-95F1-47CE4BECAEBE.jpeg

A nice Texas prickly pear, some of the growing hay, what’s left of the old wash house (the smokehouse used to be right next to it), and Pop walkin’ between the car and tractor sheds...!!! :)

2966E5D4-A00B-42BB-842A-0C6786668EFD.jpeg
D2334AFE-889F-40BC-97BB-6F8252B0065F.jpeg
AEF471E1-C0BA-4472-B935-0BE051D1D543.jpeg
F1E77DDD-2931-4E02-BE24-8583C5A15700.jpeg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@donaldtoo . that looked like quite the party! I was intrigued by the smoker set up -- rustic, and looked like the "real deal". Couldn't get over the amount of food. :hungry: Man, you guys know how to eat! :joyfull: Then again, any time either side of your family has a reunion, it's like an entire town full of people shows up. ;)

Enjoyed the photos of the old farm. I've always liked rural, country scenes. (Those cactus were cool. :cool: ) The only thing I'd never be able to handle in your state, would be the very high temperatures. Yikes!

Lastly, the music video was fun. The song they played had a polka vibe to it.

Songbird76

If I read an ebook it is on my phone. Then it is always with me if I want to read.

Edit: I see you said your phone screen is too small so I guess what I said isn't much help. You can make the print larger on your phone though, maybe that would help.
No, I really hate reading anything on my phone. I don't check my email on my phone unless it's something important and my laptop isn't there. I don't go to this site on my phone. If I make the type big enough to read on the phone, I have to constantly move the page back and forth, even if I turn my phone to rotate the text. It just doesn't work. I don't necessarily need the whole page to fit on the screen, but at least one whole line has to fit. Also, my phone is several years old and the battery life is short, so I wouldn't be able to read very long. Thanks, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom