The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Youth sports is becoming a joke.

I have spent the last 2 days debating and pleading with T’s school’s athletic club.. I have emailed about 6 people in Ohio Youth SAY Soccer.. and I have sent quite a few emails to YSSF.

I’m so angry I can’t even see straight. T is one of THREE boys who will need to REPEAT a year of “Passers” instead of moving up to “Wings”

What the means? He will be playing with 1st and 2nd graders.. while he’s in the THIRD GRADE.

I wasn’t smart enough to lie about his birthday as a few other parents did. I’m SO ANGRY. THE ENTIRE POINT OF PLAYING SPORTS WITH YOUR SCHOOL IS TO PLAY WITH YOUR FRIENDS.

S.A.Y is going to harm youth soccer with this. Let the club teams do it, fine, I agree with it on “select”/competitive teams..but let the schools (SAY) still play by grade. They’re going to end up pushing more kids to club soccer, and worse- potentially lose kids from soccer altogether.

SO STUPID.

Sorry for the rant.

Oh, and I think my entire athletic club, parents who I know and some who are friends.. probably all hate me now. Hopefully they won’t take it out on T, and hopefully they will forgive me for being so pssed off. :(
You cant get social media to unite more of the players affected by this dumb rule and maybe your friends?
With the power of numbers they will cave in.

StarWarsGirl

We saw Solo last night, it was entertaining and fun.
I was seriously confused about how Darth Maul was alive and had to look it up when I got home.

Also, what if, and hear me out...Qi'ra is Rey's mom?

And yes, I'm strictly going on the fact that they both have British accents and are brunettes, but I totally wanna know what happens to her...

21stamps

You cant get social media to unite more of the players affected by this dumb rule and maybe your friends?
With the power of numbers they will cave in.

I tried yesterday. I received an email from the school asking me to take it down, that it could make people withdraw from our school sports. The post wasn’t specifically about T’s school, I understand that SAY is the one who made the change.. I was just trying to get people together to email/write/call SAY.
But, I took the post down.

I got into a debate with the athletic club, in person, not online, because I think it’s total carp that they won’t let players move UP, not DOWN, UP. SAY does allow this, and I know kids at our school have been playing up in sports.. but this year the school won’t allow soccer players to play up- Only soccer players! Every other sport can still do it.

I wasn’t aware that our school was adopting the change, I knew it was out there, it has already been in effect in club soccer for over a year.. but last meeting I was at, our school said we were keeping it by grades, not birth year. I was blindsided by the email that he was being moved “down” to Passers. I’m a winter indoor coach at the school... I should have been notified, ALL parents should have been warned before we registered our kids. Should have been a public meeting, not just a small board meeting to make that kind of decision.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Just came from deadpool 2.. damn.. it was SO GOOOOOOOD.

Cant believe they let him do all that stuff.. also the X force team was absolutely hilarious...
Cant believe they used so many top of the line actors right now just to kill them lol!

Specially brad pitt, terry crews and bill skarsgard (from IT) lol.

Then they mocked parts of when Deadpool could not see many people inside the x mansion.

Hell.. they even mock Josh Brolin for being Thanos lol Avengers Infinity Wars.

Loved the insane amount of cameos and hidden characters.

Cant believe Matt Damon and Alan Tudyk were in the movie as well!

Cesar R M

I tried yesterday. I received an email from the school asking me to take it down, that it could make people withdraw from our school sports. The post wasn’t specifically about T’s school, I understand that SAY is the one who made the change.. I was just trying to get people together to email/write/call SAY.

I got into a debate with the athletic club, in person, not online, because I think it’s total carp that they won’t let players move UP, not DOWN, UP. SAY does allow this, and I know kids at our school have been playing up in sports.. but this year the school won’t allow soccer players to play up- Only soccer players! Every other sport can still do it.

I wasn’t aware that our school was adopting the change, I knew it was out there, it has already been in effect in club soccer for over a year.. but last meeting I was at, our school said we were keeping it by grades, not birth year. I was blindsided by the email that he was being moved “down” to Passers. I’m a winter indoor coach at the school... I should have been notified, ALL parents should have been warned before we registered our kids. Should have been a public meeting, not just a small board meeting to make that kind of decision.
In my humble opinion.. You shouldnthave taken the post down, its obvious that its starting to worry them. They know the power of mass media .

And a lot of companies only do good things when it start to hit them in the wallet.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I was seriously confused about how Darth Maul was alive and had to look it up when I got home.

Also, what if, and hear me out...Qi'ra is Rey's mom?

And yes, I'm strictly going on the fact that they both have British accents and are brunettes, but I totally wanna know what happens to her...

I saw the movie with two people who had watched all the clone wars stuff so they explained the Dartg Maul part right away after the movie. I thought that was a fun twist.

Interesting thought of her being Rey’s mom, I don’t think it would be true because the parents are supposed to be nobody’s. But your idea would be an interesting turn in the story.

Non spoiler... I love Harrison Ford as Han. I think he is the only reason I agreed once upon a time to even watch Star Wars. So I was nervous about this new guy playing the character but I think he was pretty good.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

That is so strange it is by birth year, it should be by grade level. That makes sense to keep Kids that already have a bond together. And I agree with @Cesar R M you should have kept the post up, from the response you got from them they probably now realize it is a stupid change and don’t want it advertised.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Just came from deadpool 2.. damn.. it was SO GOOOOOOOD.

Cant believe they let him do all that stuff.. also the X force team was absolutely hilarious...
Cant believe they used so many top of the line actors right now just to kill them lol!

Specially brad pitt, terry crews and bill skarsgard (from IT) lol.

Then they mocked parts of when Deadpool could not see many people inside the x mansion.

Hell.. they even mock Josh Brolin for being Thanos lol Avengers Infinity Wars.

Loved the insane amount of cameos and hidden characters.

Cant believe Matt Damon and Alan Tudyk were in the movie as well!

My husband wants to see it, but I’m on the fence as I wasn’t a big fan of the first. But I might give it a chance if we can find a time to go.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yup, I love Frozen, and the audioanamatronics are amazing, but I definitely wouldn't wait more than 20 minutes for it.

The nice thing about FP is if the ride does go down, it emails you, and the FP becomes, as my mother says, an "anything" FP. Basically, it's good for attractions in a similar category or lower in that same park. So for instance, if TT goes down, you can use the FP for Soarin'. There's only a few things they aren't good for: 7DMT and Peter Pan in MK, Frozen in Epcot, TSM in DHS, and the Pandora attractions in AK.

Here is a picture I took for you in Frozen (because it was dark in there, it didn't come out too well, but I specifically took a picture for you, of Elsa and Anna) -- :)

220.JPG

MinnieM123

Premium Member
No but I should have :joyfull:

There's still time -- just ask these guys. :p

11526511-morgan-morgan-pa.jpg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Animal Kingdom was yesterday. I wasn’t impressed with Avatar during the day. At night, it was a lot better. I only went on Flight of Passage. Couldn’t they make a smaller line rather than one a mile long. They could have made the other ride a longer ride or another one. Anyway, I used a fastpass for it. Lame preshow but amazing ride.

Glad you got on it. We couldn’t take the long lines.

Interesting how people have different reactions to Avatar/Pandora. I LOVED the entire area. However, to me, being a guest at an on-site hotel, the extra hour they gave us to get in there (prior to the public opening), really helped big time.

FOP was nothing short of amazing, but again, I got on it within maybe 40 minutes or less. I liked the queue--it was really cool looking at the theme. Even the details in the ground (colors, etc.) were so interesting. The line moved fairly quickly, I thought. Now, I went back 2 days later (also, early morning EMH), and went on Navi River ride. That was very nice as well, just not a thrilling experience like FOP.

If you have to wait for one of the rides, only wait for FOP. But in either case, don't wait beyond an hour. I can't understand some people waiting 3 hours for ANYTHING?!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
This isnt a contest, I love anything that others share. Specially Disney and specially characters and flowers :p

You are so nice, and you and Figgy were the first to guess my riddle (before I left for vacation), so I took pictures for the both of you. (I'll post Figgy's picture a bit later--still sorting through the photos.) :)

Here is the photo I took for you inside Mexico at EPCOT --

201.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom