Rumor Siemens is going to end their sponsorship with the parks - Spaceship Earth and IllumiNations

Rowlet

I wonder if Disney ever tried to approach Facebook or Twitter to be a sponsor for SSE, being how they have revolutionized the way people communicate. I know Sandberg (Facebook) and Dorsey (Twitter) both are stepping down from the board due to it becoming "increasingly difficult" to avoid conflicts of interest. Would be interesting.

Goofyernmost

Cronkite and Perrin era?

Dawn of Time wrap around screen
Cinema screens
TV lounge screens
Descent screens

For Irons swap all but two descent screens for two new global neighbourhood screens.
I understand that Martin, we were talking about changes to the present ride. I couldn't remember any screens, but, I was thinking show scenes and they were talking about the screens on the ride vehicles used in the descent. Hadn't really thought of those because I enjoy those partially due to the fact that the way we reenter from space is on our backs like real astronauts do and the fact that they would be looking at screens and not some insignificant scene of kids in schools. That is why I like the screens as well as them making me part of the ride.

The dawn of time, Cinema and TV screens are quite legitimate and have total connection with the ride itself in a historical sense. Not all screens are bad things. And those screens are so much an integral part of the show that they remain from the beginning. Hardly fluff that shouldn't be there.

montyz81

I say they should get Jim Parsons to do it. How hysterical would it be to here "That's my Spot" when you sit down in one of the omnimovers?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I understand that Martin, we were talking about changes to the present ride. I couldn't remember any screens, but, I was thinking show scenes and they were talking about the screens on the ride vehicles used in the descent. Hadn't really thought of those because I enjoy those partially due to the fact that the way we reenter from space is on our backs like real astronauts do and the fact that they would be looking at screens and not some insignificant scene of kids in schools. That is why I like the screens as well as them making me part of the ride.

The dawn of time, Cinema and TV screens are quite legitimate and have total connection with the ride itself in a historical sense. Not all screens are bad things. And those screens are so much an integral part of the show that they remain from the beginning. Hardly fluff that shouldn't be there.
We know you enjoy the misplaced screens on the RVs. You’ve said it before.

Goofyernmost

We know you enjoy the misplaced screens on the RVs. You’ve said it before.
Misplaced to you perhaps, but, not all of life is history. Things change and we can spend our lives moaning about something not being like it used to be or we can appreciate what is there and stop feeling that everything should be in a time warp. As long as you and your stuck in the past folks continue to try and tell us how awful change is, I will keep reminding you that it is 100% opinion and not everyone is down on it. All the descent "shows" have sucked in my opinion that doesn't mean that everyone felt that way, but, it doesn't make it wrong either.

LukeS7

Misplaced to you perhaps, but, not all of life is history. Things change and we can spend our lives moaning about something not being like it used to be or we can appreciate what is there and stop feeling that everything should be in a time warp. As long as you and your stuck in the past folks continue to try and tell us how awful change is, I will keep reminding you that it is 100% opinion and not everyone is down on it. All the descent "shows" have sucked in my opinion that doesn't mean that everyone felt that way, but, it doesn't make it wrong either.
The new version is the only version that I have ever experienced (or seen, haven't watched videos of the others), and I think the ending is out-of-place, out-of-date, and a tacky attempt at "interaction"

mikejs78

Premium Member
With that one scene before the dome...You'd think they would have gone with Apple considering how much D-Tech related merch is sold thoughout the resort...

I would love to see a modern tech company sponsor some exhibits in Epcot - Apple, Google, Amazon... Not sure why they don't consider that.. Would be a good forum to promote their vision of the future (especially with Earth Station / Innoventions)...

backinaction

I would love to see a modern tech company sponsor some exhibits in Epcot - Apple, Google, Amazon... Not sure why they don't consider that.. Would be a good forum to promote their vision of the future (especially with Earth Station / Innoventions)...
I think that most companies know they can launch an ad campaign on twitter or instagram for much cheaper and attain much better results.

Goofyernmost

The new version is the only version that I have ever experienced (or seen, haven't watched videos of the others), and I think the ending is out-of-place, out-of-date, and a tacky attempt at "interaction"
And like anyone else you are entitled to your opinion, however, your opinion is correct for you and should not be interpreted as the only correct opinion. To be honest if they changed it out tomorrow, it would be OK with me, and hopefully whatever they replace it with will also catch my imagination. I have no intention of having a mindset that cannot accept new experiences and feel that only the past is of any value.

Goofyernmost

I think that most companies know they can launch an ad campaign on twitter or instagram for much cheaper and attain much better results.
Exactly, the day of the value of Worlds Fair or Disney exposure has been replaced by cheaper, quicker and more flexible electronic promotion.

peter11435

I don't mind the screens per se. I do think that how they're currently used is a bit cheesy and should be rethought...
I was not opposed to the installation of screens when they first announced them. They could have been used to enhance the ride. Instead they were used to dumb down the experience, remove a large portion of the experience, and immediately date the attraction.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member

Displaying a company's innovation, specifically products for future use has become a blueprint for a competing company to exploit. I think large companies are afraid to promote themselves at least when it comes to future tech.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

What is the plot of SSE? It's purpose.
The history of communication from primitive to cave drawings to telegraph to telephone to TV to Computer and the descent experience of communication at the tip of your fingers, interactive, entertaining and quick. I see nothing, but, consistency of mission on SSE.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom