Rumor Siemens is going to end their sponsorship with the parks - Spaceship Earth and IllumiNations

smile

When you rewatch the E.P.C.O.T. presentation and you then go to Epcot......You really have to wonder...How this would have worked in this day in age....

same was said for feature animation and theme parks but those two industries don't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon.
lord knows where ol' pappy walt would (or could) have taken it, especially if he had been wee bit younger - his stated motivations for even bothering were nothing short of inspirational; even today, especially so.

btw, always adored that video for many reasons... :eek:
unfortunately, as many may know, it was one of his last filmed appearances as he met his relatively sudden death mere weeks later.
:(

ChrisFL

Premium Member
When you rewatch the E.P.C.O.T. presentation and you then go to Epcot......You really have to wonder...How this would have worked in this day in age....

Actually I wonder why it hasn't been done YET, as it makes so much MORE sense than the way our modern cities have been built up since then

Goofyernmost

oh, ya know...
just the obnoxious ones right in front of your face.
No, really, I'm not kidding... what screens? I don't remember any in SSE. I remember some from the Irons era. Patrick Stewart is good, but, isn't there someone that doesn't have a British accent. It really doesn't make them any smarter.;)

smile

No, really, I'm not kidding... what screens? I don't remember any in SSE. I remember some from the Irons era. Patrick Stewart is good, but, isn't there someone that doesn't have a British accent. It really doesn't make them any smarter.;)

when's the last time you've ridden, my man?
the on-board screens.

Goofyernmost

the on-board screens.
Oh, yea I kinda like them, I was thinking more about the ride portion scene screens that people are always complaining about. I like being part of the show even if in cartoon form. I enjoy getting off the ride and finding my picture on the big screen in the post-show area. But, I can take them or leave them, but, they have to do something really good for the descent area. All the elements of that from the earth scene on top, to the bottom has always been a crashing bore to me. I kind of enjoyed answering the question and seeing the results. Different strokes for different folks.

trainplane3

the on-board screens.
I've made it a personal goal of mine to take the most awkward pictures for the screens now. Might as well get some entertainment out of them, right? Sometimes it picks up my face, maybe it's only my hair, other times its an eye. Literally just a eye.
Or this
SSE1.jpg

Or you get a perfectly lined up picture for a change.
tgb3WbdC_400x400.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom