News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

MerlinTheGoat

Do we think there’s any possibility that it’s 42 new animatronics with some reused ones making the count closer to the original?

Or maybe it’s a red herring and just a fun Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy reference🤣
Could be some reused ones, not sure though. I'd imagine new endoskeletons if any were reused since the old ones are hydraulic. As opposed to electric.

Still, I'd like to see at least the Swamp Boys return. I'm no longer sure if Splash Archive's claims are legit (his claims on the finale character number being only 9 are now disproven), but he was saying a stork and a raccoon were being reused at DL (WDW also had the raccoon but not the stork).

JustInTime

We’ve reached that point.

When this was first announced, I, given Disney’s recent track record, worried it would be worse than Splash Mountain, one of my childhood favorites.

Then, after seeing teasers and construction updates, I realized that this might be just as good as Splash, maybe even a bit better.

But now- after seeing all of these animatronics- all of these advanced, new, animatronics- I’ve changed my mind again.

This is going to be one of the best dark rides on earth. Better than Splash ever was. Calling it now.
Disney needed to knock this out of the park, and by god I think they did it.

So excited to ride this in August*

*After LESS THAN two years of construction!!!
Yes!!!! I came to this same conclusion today.

HonorableMention

Looks like Mama Odie replaced Br'er Rabbit and Barnaby as the last things we see

Great catch! I’m assuming Avi is Mama Odie?

Based on that list/the video and the other confirmed critters I’m counting 28 new animatronics. Then I’m wondering if there are repeats of any of the new critter band, plus some potential reused animatronics.

That might add up to 42 in total, but I suppose we won’t know until it opens.

SplashJacket

1712260787137.png

I don't recall seeing an additional mural on the right side anywhere. Looks a lot better with the symmetry, imho.

retr0gate

I was rewatching an old POV of WDW Splash Mountain and I honestly forgot just how many long stretches of nothing there was in that ride (animatronic wise). If the 42 number turns out to be true, I'm confident that the ride will feel FAR from empty even if it doesn't technically exceed the # of animatronics splash had. The Laughing Place alone already sounds like it's going to be pretty densely populated, a huge step up from what was there before (at least in WDW).

Castle Cake Apologist

These looks amazing. Better than anything Splash had, tbh. The only response Splash Truthers can come up with is to laugh react.

Splash... Truthers?

I'm not sure what that means, but I don't personally think the Louis they showed off looks that great. The motion is absolutely stunning, but I'm not sold on the appearance. It seems odd to use fabric for the skin of a reptile instead of textured skin. It just looks like what it is and doesn't really sell the illusion of scaly skin at all. I particularly dislike it around his neck. He also just looks a little off model in the belly and eyes, but not in a major way that bothers me. It's hard to translate animated characters to physical figures.

The others look fantastic, though. Mama Odie in particular.

Last edited:

aladdin2007

While all the video and all the above certainly are impressive and interesting,,,Im still concerned just how fleshed out and depth/rich the show scenes are going to be. They sure haven't showed much of anything in that regard other than a couple scene pieces of concept art with a character. Could be bad, could be good. Hopefully they did not altar the show spaces to a point of blocking off certain sides etc so they could do less and be one sided or smaller, hence FEA 2.0.
is it just me or is that beaver massive????? actually they all appear ginormous.

Mikomike12

Splash... Truthers?

I'm not sure what that means, but I don't personally think the Louis they showed off looks that great. The motion is absolutely stunning, but I'm not sold on the appearance. It seems odd to use fabric for the skin of a reptile instead of textured skin. It just looks like what it is and doesn't really sell the illusion of scaly skin at all. I particularly dislike it around his neck.

The others look fantastic, though.
Louis isn’t scaley in the movie he’s smooth

aladdin2007

I was rewatching an old POV of WDW Splash Mountain and I honestly forgot just how many long stretches of nothing there was in that ride (animatronic wise). If the 42 number turns out to be true, I'm confident that the ride will feel FAR from empty even if it doesn't technically exceed the # of animatronics splash had. The Laughing Place alone already sounds like it's going to be pretty densely populated, a huge step up from what was there before (at least in WDW).
Im not sure we know yet that is true? it is after all where the screen content was rumored to be going. Thats the exact kind of thing I am wondering about too.

DisneyDodo

Great catch! I’m assuming Avi is Mama Odie?

Based on that list/the video and the other confirmed critters I’m counting 28 new animatronics. Then I’m wondering if there are repeats of any of the new critter band, plus some potential reused animatronics.

That might add up to 42 in total, but I suppose we won’t know until it opens.
That list is definitely not exhaustive. For example, it’s already been confirmed that we will see Naveen in the bayou.

Sir_Cliff

Honestly, all the salt mine stuff was strange, but holding off on the bigger reveals until closer to the ride's opening is not seeming like such a bad strategy right now in terms of building hype. Hopefully this latest reveal at least reassures people Disney realized they couldn't cheap out on a replacement for Splash. Would also love if it helped Disney to rediscover the value of attractions richly populated by AAs!

I also think it was smart to tie this reveal to increased attention to Imagineering as central to Disney's theme park business. Again, it would be nice to think that this attention along with initiatives such as bringing Rhode back to train current Imagineers represents some realisation Imagineering needs a bit of a reboot after the upheaval of recent years.

retr0gate

Im not sure we know yet that is true? it is after all where the screen content was rumored to be going. Thats the exact kind of thing I am wondering about too.
We definitely don't know for sure, I'm only speculating based on the critters they revealed earlier this week - Assuming they'll be appearing in that long stretch where the laughing place music played before the second drop, if not the laughing place itself which was pretty sparsely populated aside from some turtles, weasels and the br'ers themselves.

TheOrangeBird01

It's been YEARS since I've been on these forums, but I wanted to come back today to share in the excitement with everyone. These animatronics looks GORGEOUS, absolutely breathtaking and I cannot wait to see everything implemented within the attraction.

I watched ride throughs today of both WDW and DL Splash Mountains and it got me even more hyped for Tiana. I'm in the camp that it was time for an update and it really looks like they are going to deliver.

zipadee999

While all the video and all the above certainly are impressive and interesting,,,Im still concerned just how fleshed out and depth/rich the show scenes are going to be. They sure haven't showed much of anything in that regard other than a couple scene pieces of concept art with a character. Could be bad, could be good. Hopefully they did not altar the show spaces to a point of blocking off certain sides etc so they could do less and be one sided or smaller, hence FEA 2.0.
is it just me or is that beaver massive????? actually they all appear ginormous.
I noticed the size thing too, everything looks HUGE. For those of us hoping that some of the splash critters get reused, this may be a good sign. Some have pointed out that many of the splash critters are too big to be set alongside average-sized humans as seen with how small many of the critters are compared to humans in PATF. If everything is scaled up, some of the splash critters as-is may have a home here

aladdin2007

I noticed the size thing too, everything looks HUGE. For those of us hoping that some of the splash critters get reused, this may be a good sign. Some have pointed out that many of the splash critters are too big to be set alongside average-sized humans as seen with how small many of the critters are compared to humans in PATF. If everything is scaled up, some of the splash critters as-is may have a home here
good point, lets hope, because that was part of the charm in the prior.

Incomudro

It needn't feel more empty due to less AA's.
I'm betting it's actually going to look less stark due to the lushness of sets, more advanced lighting, and likely screens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom