News Disney plans to accelerate Parks investment to $60 billion over 10 years

celluloid

"Come on Scott Trowbridge, what else did you patent? What else did you ever dream for Universal Creative? Oh neat. Wait how much would that cost? We can do this version instead. Well we don't need the live entertainment, story telling plan or musical composition in the land."
Dang this guy is just like all the others.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
"Come on Scott Trowbridge, what else did you patent? What else did you ever dream for Universal Creative? Oh neat. Wait how much would that cost? We can do this version instead. Well we don't need the live entertainment, story telling plan or musical composition in the land."
I assume by “this guy”…you mean Iger?

No…he will not change because this is ego…he will not admit mistakes

…and the band played on

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
DF is more about zoning. I don’t anticipate them actually building anything there anytime soon. They can also negotiate their way out of building another park in Paris.
Yeah I don’t see another Paris park

Many Disney acolytes have zero clue that the second park was required…it was damage control…not Eisner being cheap

He wasn’t cheap in Hong Kong either…just an awful idea

DCA was cheap…without enough land

celluloid

I assume by “this guy”…you mean Iger?

No…he will not change because this is ego…he will not admit mistakes

…and the band played on

No specifically I mean what execs such as Iger and many others say about Trowbridge and other great creatives when they explain what can make a great attraction after paying for their portfolio consultation abilities and direction.

Galaxy's Edge could have been great, and like many things could have been great to at least a lot better but people without a creative consideration in their body are now too far in charge.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No I mean what execs such as Iger and many others say about Trowbridge and other great creatives when they explain what can make a great attraction after paying for their portfolio consultation abilities and direction.
My point was the decisions come from the corner suite

Marching orders

The subs have very limited say. Including the joker in skinny jeans

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Was? The problems they could have fixed decades later still have it with the same ones. Web crawlers, Incredicoaster and San Frokyo prove that.
Which proves that pass Iger, Inc has been given to be 100% wrong

It will all be in my upcoming book:
“YOU FOOLS!
The Ridiculous Marathon Tenure of Robert A Iger as head of the Walt Disney Company…get the Fire Extinguisher 🧯

yensidtlaw1969

HKDL almost had a castle made of 2D cutouts.
This is missing some context - there was a concept pitched for a Castle-ified version of its a small world as the icon of the park:

1710518905731.png

It also didn't happen, so it seems hard to hold against them.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Curious, who said the quote you shared?

allanbarr

That was never Disney's way of doing things. They didnt follow the trends, they made them. They were held to a higher standard, because they held themselves to a higher standard. Also if you wait that long, You are looking at nothing new until probably the end of the decade. Can they wait that long to start trying to draw people back?? What are the risks of operating that way? That is the million dollar question. Marie
Marie for CEO!

BrianLo

If you believe the latest revision/clarification on the financials, the true number for theme park attractions is around $30B. Across multiple theme parks. Some of that number is already being counted, as Josh explicitly said Tiana and Epcot completion is in that number. So that’s already $$ out of whatever they allocate to WDW.

You’d basically have to believe that more than half of what they’ve set aside for theme park building is going to WDW if you keep claiming that WDW is getting $17B in theme park rides (vs tech/infrastructure and DCL outlays)

It comes across to me as not a coincidence that 12 billion would be 40% of the money and WDW is about 40% of their parks (treating SDL/HKDL additively as one park, since they own half of both).

It’s really 3 billion allocated per park across the portfolio.

EPCOT-O.G.

It comes across to me as not a coincidence that 12 billion would be 40% of the money and WDW is about 40% of their parks (treating SDL/HKDL additively as one park, since they own half of both).

It’s really 3 billion allocated per park across the portfolio.
I don’t disagree, but I also don’t think they will apportion an equal amount to each park. I don’t think they’re doing anything more with Epcot unless they absolutely have to. (Did you hear something? That sounds like the rickety clunk clunk clunk you hear every time you ascend or descend SSE).

We figure *something* is happening at DAK. They also just built SWGE and MMRR at DHS, so while they do need some added capacity, I’m not sure of the appetite there.

I figure MK, then DAK, then DHS, then maybe something at Epcot?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom