News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

GimpYancIent

Ever try to catch an Uber during surge pricing? I may gripe about the cost, but the other option is to walk. Put yourself in the shoes of a dad that's dropped a few thousand to get in the parks and have certain experiences for the family. You lost the ROTR lottery and now your kid is upset they haven't been able to ride HM. It's hot. You're at wits' end. You're frugal to a fault, but...what's another $80 dollars at this point?
Kind of a John Hammond moment type of thing "Spare No Expense".

EPCOT-O.G.

FWIW, the stock is down a bit since they rolled out this plan, and, notwithstanding Disney+'s perceived growth and the Parks' return to profitability, it's down since the start of the year. The rest of the DJIA is up 17% for the year. Take that for what you will.

patsfan24

Planning a trip for next November. I am thinking splash will almost definitely be down for the re-theme refurb at that point - is this the consensus among this group?

James Alucobond

Planning a trip for next November. I am thinking splash will almost definitely be down for the re-theme refurb at that point - is this the consensus among this group?
No one actually knows (or if they do, they’re not saying), but I think the consensus is actually that it likely won’t close in WDW until after the 50th. So summer 2023 or so as an earliest reasonable closing. All guesswork, though.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"We recently gathered at Dooky Chase’s Restaurant in New Orleans — founder Leah Chase was one of the inspirations for Princess Tiana — to talk about Tiana’s impact over the past decade and the creative process behind the upcoming attraction, including the next-level technology Imagineers are employing to bring it to life. Generations of the Chase family welcomed us while Chef Dook cooked up some of their famous gumbo. We sat down with Leah’s daughter, Stella Chase Reese who shared that “The two coming together, music and food, brings joy and happiness to all” and isn’t that the truth?"

Artist rendering of “The Princess and the Frog”-themed updates coming to Splash Mountains at Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts

Original art by “The Princess and the Frog” director John Musker, courtesy of Dooky Chase’s Restaurant

Art piece by Sharika Mahdi

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member

ImperfectPixie

Oh, yes they did. We need not go back into why Splash Mountain is being rethemed. Now you can argue on why they thought they should but they decided that, yep, they should.
If you go back and read the conversation, it was about Disney using surge pricing on top tier attractions, not about the retheme of Splash.

Dan Deesnee

Honestly I'm still in shock that they are destroying a beloved attraction instead of just building Tiana her own section of new fantasy land or a new ride.

But hey, this is cheaper, so why not? The Legacy of the Parks obviously doesn't really matter to current leadership. That's obvious in the 50th anniversary plans that have nothing to do with Disney's history.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom