Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmay

Not sure whether to laugh or cry.

This is false.

No, the COVID-19 vaccine, or any vaccine currently available for that matter, will not turn anyone into a zombie or a vampire.

I have to say, I’m disappointed. I mean I just finished stocking up the old bunker this morning.

Vegas Disney Fan

You're the only free country with such a disasterous death rate ( not even considering excess mortality). The US has been an absolute failure when it comes the handling of COVID
This isn’t remotely true, the UK has a higher death rate, Spain has a higher death rate, the Czech Republic has a higher death rate… Belgium, Italy, Poland… all have higher death rates per 100,000, and that’s just in Europe. Many South American and Central American countries are higher also.

I’m not arguing we’ve done well but I can’t let such a blatantly untrue statement go unchecked.

The Mrs

For businesses requiring proof of vaccination for entry, what are they accepting as proof? Are they using the vaccination cards that are filled out when you get the shot? Do you have to have two doses listed on the card? Do people with one J&J dose count, or are we outcasts? Because that's kind of how I feel.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
For businesses requiring proof of vaccination for entry, what are they accepting as proof? Are they using the vaccination cards that are filled out when you get the shot? Do you have to have two doses listed on the card? Do people with one J&J dose count, or are we outcasts? Because that's kind of how I feel.
JnJ definitely counts. You have to be 2 weeks past your 2nd shot for mRNA or 2 weeks past your only shot with JnJ. In NY they have a a statewide passport system and NYC is also rolling out their own version. You can use the app or show the actual vaccination card to get in. Here‘s a story on NYC

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Not quite far enough though. Still letting unvaccinated in with a mask in may cases if no proof of vaccination.
Not all of them. I expect they will be stricter when Illinois comes up with a better form of proof of vaccination. Right now, we still don’t have an app like New York.
It’s a step in the right direction for sure. I think the unvaccinated need to see things like this and come to the conclusion that they might as well just go get the shot now because they don’t want to be restricted going forward. It’s less about the effectiveness of the passport system and more about setting a tone and and expectation that if you exercise your free will and freedom to not get vaccinated there will be consequences and you will not be able to do everything you may want. I’d rather see a slightly imperfect system rolled out broadly than a more narrow rollout of a more effective system.

correcaminos

Too slow…just my opinion and nothing else
I'd rather be a hint slow than over dosing the kids. Read articles from phase 1 patients to see what happens. You may think it's slow, but all along it's been about safety. You may not like it, but they can't risk serious reactions on kids. To do so will cause failure of the vaccine to be used. More than we see now.

Kman

This isn’t remotely true, the UK has a higher death rate, Spain has a higher death rate, the Czech Republic has a higher death rate… Belgium, Italy, Poland… all have higher death rates per 100,000, and that’s just in Europe. Many South American and Central American countries are higher also.

I’m not arguing we’ve done well but I can’t let such a blatantly untrue statement go unchecked.

I need to reply and apologize. I should never used an absolute as I did when I said when I wrote "the only". That is completely a fair criticism. To say "one of" is far more accurate. Again, I apologize.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I simply asked for the numbers that show the US is the “only.” Please don’t make it anything other than that, because it’s not.
We’ve been a pretty catastrophic failure on the whole. I haven’t looked for “comps” for quite some time.

protect your own house.
I'd rather be a hint slow than over dosing the kids. Read articles from phase 1 patients to see what happens. You may think it's slow, but all along it's been about safety. You may not like it, but they can't risk serious reactions on kids. To do so will cause failure of the vaccine to be used. More than we see now.
I think thats an antiquated take on “the kids”…

or maybe I missed something? Is this vax more rough on the system? Has their been any discernible side effects detected?

JoeCamel

We’ve been a pretty catastrophic failure on the whole. I haven’t looked for “comps” for quite some time.

protect your own house.

I think thats an antiquated take on “the kids”…

or maybe I missed something? Is this vax more rough on the system? Has their been any discernible side effects detected?
Hate to do it but there is a mea culpa upthread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom